Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a 2021 2.7L 10-speed Bronco First Edition. It currently has about 1100 miles on it. I was hoping this was the transmission learning, but it appears to not have any change/impact as time passes.

The issue is that under very light/part throttle applications, the truck lurches/surges as I accelerate. It feels like the transmission is shifting constantly, potentially hunting, but without a gear display I can’t tell exactly what’s happening. It only seems to occur with light throttle applications. I mostly feel it in traffic, from stoplight to stoplight.

Anyone else experience this? I haven’t had it out in the woods yet, but this kind of behavior would make it difficult for slow-speed maneuvers.
Sponsored

Dez

Big Bend
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2021 Hyundai Kona, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have noticed that a bit as well. Mine is a 2.3L with the 10-speed. I just passed 1000 miles so was hoping it would learn as well.

I’ve noticed it only happens when I’m accelerating slowly. If I’m in sport mode or if I stomp on it it doesn’t happen. It might just be a drawback of a 10 speed automatic.

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing here. I'm nearing 3500 miles.

Throttle and transmission have been very smooth since the beginning. I never noticed a learning type thing. It never hunted for gears and when it does shift, it's quite smooth as well.

Regular driving even very light throttle application when I've been off road are all smooth.

Any lurching or surging, if you ask me, is not normal with the 10A.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've experienced this. It's almost impossible to replicate and seems to happen more when the engine is not completely warmed up. Ironically my '04 F150 would do the same thing and I always assumed it was related to the throttle by wire that was new back then.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is a bit concerning. Didn’t think those model had that whole transmission learning stuff

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did that when the engine/transmission was cold for the first 1500 miles or so, but now it has smoothed out and shifts well when cold.

SLCBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve noticed the same thing, but like others have said it seems to be more prominent when the transmission and engine are cold. I’ve never noticed it after everything is warmed up. I’m just under 6k miles now.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 2.7L 10-speed Bronco First Edition. It currently has about 1100 miles on it. I was hoping this was the transmission learning, but it appears to not have any change/impact as time passes.

The issue is that under very light/part throttle applications, the truck lurches/surges as I accelerate. It feels like the transmission is shifting constantly, potentially hunting, but without a gear display I can’t tell exactly what’s happening. It only seems to occur with light throttle applications. I mostly feel it in traffic, from stoplight to stoplight.

Anyone else experience this? I haven’t had it out in the woods yet, but this kind of behavior would make it difficult for slow-speed maneuvers.
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this transmission concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As noted with many others, I have also experienced this. I have close to 5k miles on my 2.7, but seems to occur when the vehicle is not warmed up yet or during slow acceleration.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine just did this to me. 2.3L MT. I was in first around 2000rpm and it's like it just lost power then immediately regained it a couple times till I pushed in clutch and came to a stop.. then was fine after that.
It was a little cold in that I had just started 2-3 minutes before, but it had only been off for about 30 minutes from when I last drove it for quite a while.
2100 miles on it.
Anyone every have any outcome from dealer/ford looking at it?

Sponsored

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As noted with many others, I have also experienced this. I have close to 5k miles on my 2.7, but seems to occur when the vehicle is not warmed up yet or during slow acceleration.
Ditto.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine just did this to me. 2.3L MT. I was in first around 2000rpm and it's like it just lost power then immediately regained it a couple times till I pushed in clutch and came to a stop.. then was fine after that.
It was a little cold in that I had just started 2-3 minutes before, but it had only been off for about 30 minutes from when I last drove it for quite a while.
2100 miles on it.
There are separate threads on this topic for 2.3L MT, I've had the same issue in mine.

First I've read of anything similar on the 2.7/auto.

Leads me to think it may be a fuel delivery issue although I will guess the parts and programming are significantly different between the two configurations

@Ford Motor Company

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2022 four door, badlands with the 2.7.

In 3500 miles mine has been super smooth even in the low speed when cold.

Seems you guys have some kind of issue.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2100 miles on it.
Hello, David! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this. Thanks!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 7MT is doing this again. Not consistently - so, it’s hard to pinpoint the issue or bring it to the dealer to show them…has there been any recent discoveries?
Sponsored