Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

do you think you'd still be able to add rock rails later on? or are the bolts stuck now?
Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought some spray-in Bedliner and some blue painter’s tape. The results are fabulous (IMO). The truck looks higher because the painted body isn’t as low. I also coated that big control arm bolt, which will otherwise be a rusty eyesore in a year.

The matte & rough surface of the truck bed liner makes the pinch weld visually disappear under there:

I didn’t want to add weight and cost of rock rails or steps. I’m a not the typical Bronco owner:

C4F8512A-81B9-4183-B30A-76DAC2605597.jpeg

AE296397-15EB-4DBC-B67A-B49C2E8D7F40.jpeg

19923827-4D33-4A79-A76C-303AE5585F45.jpeg

9F7587FD-5590-4594-A904-90BDC244951B.jpeg
Well done. This was one of my first thoughts when I saw the ugliness of that pinchweld (that can't be unseen once you notice it). I even photoshopped it out to see how much it would improve the look. Glad to see how good it looks in reality.
👍👍

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks great! Now to find an "Eruption Green" match somewhere and attempt it myself...

PanAfrica

Base
First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love your solution. I'm using the Herculiner Brush/roll on product, as I don't trust myself with a spray can, ya know. Somebody said it earlier - once you see that detail, you never unsee it...Thank you

driving lights.jpg

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought some spray-in Bedliner and some blue painter’s tape. The results are fabulous (IMO). The truck looks higher because the painted body isn’t as low. I also coated that big control arm bolt, which will otherwise be a rusty eyesore in a year.

The matte & rough surface of the truck bed liner makes the pinch weld visually disappear under there:

I didn’t want to add weight and cost of rock rails or steps. I’m a not the typical Bronco owner:

Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ driving lights

...or you could just buy this Pinch Weld cover, from JCR OFFROAD!

Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ 1645564372865

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

C4F8512A-81B9-4183-B30A-76DAC2605597.jpeg

AE296397-15EB-4DBC-B67A-B49C2E8D7F40.jpeg

19923827-4D33-4A79-A76C-303AE5585F45.jpeg

9F7587FD-5590-4594-A904-90BDC244951B.jpeg
Love the idea

I’m doing it as we speak…

how many coats of the bed liner did you use?

I bought the same can you did

Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ 21A12CA1-8510-422C-BE00-C4A41C93CCF5

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did the same with Wurth spray can undercoating. It dries to a hard surface not gummy at all and can be painted. Works great.
Huge +1 for Wurth high-build underseal. Wurth is a supplier to Germanic OEM's (basically all of them) and makes a very professional product.

Having used about 20 cans of Wurth high-build underseal in my life, i'll say that you will have drastically better results using the Wurth product than spray-on bed lining. Bed linings seem to dull badly and the surface abrades down to a strange texture.

Just be sure to practice with a cardboard box or something else first. the Wurth product shoots out drastically faster than you expect. You also need steady and smooth movement to achieve a nice uniform thickness. It's finish is perfect for covering pinch-welds and will look a treat for many, many years.

...or you could just buy this Pinch Weld cover, from JCR OFFROAD!

Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ 21A12CA1-8510-422C-BE00-C4A41C93CCF5
Unfortunately that will just trap moisture against the surface for drastically longer than without those push-on caps. They do look nice, but they aren't a long-term solution, IMHO.

I've had cars more clapped out and rusted from the 1990's than I have from the 1960's. Just depends how much water they saw, and how long that water was against metal surfaces. Those caps are giving the second/third owner a nightmare. Or yourself if you keep the rig a long time.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hurculiner, but I’m sure they are all basically the same

Just to make people aware of the long-term look of this product. Not to say it's bad or good.... It is what it is so if you're good with it then cool!

Bed liner will just overall have a dull finish and hold onto dirt like this person's results show.

http://trucks.pcwize.com/herculiner.php

This is a 2-year update photo, but he indicates it started looking like this 6-8 months in.
herc_004_sm.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
SupremoSombrero

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just to say it, I’m not a bedliner expertt. Some people seem to prefer Wurth than the one I used. I’m sure they are better informed than I am in particular bedliner brands.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to say it, I’m not a bedliner expertt. Some people seem to prefer Wurth than the one I used. I’m sure they are better informed than I am in particular bedliner brands.
Well I got what you used at auto zone

I’ve done 3 coats now I think that’s good

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

well.....

All done...

Here's some before during and after.

Thanks again for the great idea.

Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ tempImageRjTEDL
Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ tempImagenAlluG
Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ IMG_3277.PNG
Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ tempImagesigZo
Ford Bronco Making the Pinch-Weld ‘disappear’ IMG_7408DF4F3A9E-1

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Forgive me if I'm being dense, but is there a reason you wouldn't just use black matte spray paint, after appropriate sanding/priming?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but is there a reason you wouldn't just use black matte spray paint, after appropriate sanding/priming?
I think that’s prob fine too.
The truck bed liner just gives it a more textured look and i guess it doesn’t require that prep…like priming and sanding.
Just clean it and spray it on
Sponsored