First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm pretty sure that the Sasquatch package is more than just a lift and bigger tires. It includes improved suspension, etc. for off-roading. Sounds like your getting the missquatch for hopping over curbs at the mall. :p
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure that the Sasquatch package is more than just a lift and bigger tires. It includes improved suspension, etc. for off-roading. Sounds like your getting the missquatch for hopping over curbs at the mall. :p
When comparing the Sasquatch package to the BL, the differences are much more subtle.

BL already comes with the position sensitive Bilsteins and upgraded front axle... the difference basically boils down to final drive ratio, wheels, tires, and flares. (and the differences in suspension height and travel to accommodate the 35" tires, but that's already been discussed).

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I think you will need a 1" wheel spacer which will put the optional BL wheel offset about the same offset as the Squatch wheels. You may be able to get away with less but I don't think 1/4" will be near enough.

The more I read, the more I am leery of a spacer lift on a BL or Squatch. 4wp recommended against it so I would be cautions and not go bigger than 1". If somebody makes a 1/2" I would consider starting there.
I saw someone put 35's on stock big bend wheels with no rubbing. My plan is to try the 1/4 inch and flex it out, air it down and test. I'll make videos on my youtube.
I'm getting the Badlands. It's got the upgraded suspension. And I'll have the ratio because I'll have manual transmission.

Last edited:

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Might have to remove the crash bars but sounds like a solid plan overall

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yea, I'm taking those off for sure.
Can’t wait for an update. I have a build date for the week of 8/16 4 door manual badlands non sas. I order the zone off-road 1 inch level lift as well. I’m debating on trading for sas wheels and tires with some cash on my end or going aftermarket but wouldn’t want any more tire to poke out than the sas wheels do. Can’t wait for you to be the Guinea pig!

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t wait for an update. I have a build date for the week of 8/16 4 door manual badlands non sas. I order the zone off-road 1 inch level lift as well. I’m debating on trading for sas wheels and tires with some cash on my end or going aftermarket but wouldn’t want any more tire to poke out than the sas wheels do. Can’t wait for you to be the Guinea pig!
Haha, how about the one that gets his bronco first goes first!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You may need as much as a 1” spacer. I really debated the optional badlands wheels and ultimately decided to sit on the $1000 and either get RTR or Squatch takeoffs. I know the rash rings are heavy on the Squatch and optional Badlands wheels, but they serve a purpose.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely want to see where this goes, as it was roughly my plan as well. It's a shame the optional wheel are still +55 (they are right?). I skipped them.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely want to see where this goes, as it was roughly my plan as well. It's a shame the optional wheel are still +55 (they are right?). I skipped them.
When I ordered, the salesperson wasn't sure on the offset of the optional non-sas wheels. I still assume the backspacing was +55. It was a $1000 upgrade and that seemed way too much. I figured for that money and selling the stock wheels as new, I could easily justify five nice aftermarket wheels and get anything I want.

Little did I know that these Ford backspacing numbers are not exactly standard. They seem to keep things in way tighter (a ton of positive backspacing) than most.

I went with zero offset, but I'm not psyched about the extra poke. There were some aftermarket wheels at +18 that might be great. But I was chasing a particular look, so I settled for 0s. I'm concerned about the increase in turning radius. -stupid 4 dr.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was built on 7/13..... but it's a two door and I feel like it's being held back for the MIC top.
Your rig was built three weeks ago and you don't know where it is? That's like a new level or torture. I hope you get it today.

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, how about the one that gets his bronco first goes first!
Well just saw a thread that someone was able to put 35’s with a +55 ranger wheel on a 4 door base bronco.. he removed the crash bars and said there is no rub. Only in extreme off roading would he think any running would occur. This has me thinking there should be no problem for a badlands even without the 1 inch level kit.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damit.... the longer I wait for my 7/13 build the more stuff I buy and change my mind.

Just ordered 35x12.5R17 Toyo Mud Terrains..... and 1.5" hub centric spacers for my +55 Sas looking wheels.

My 1" level is here already.... This is going to look so bad ass!
Ford Bronco Manual Badlands SelfSquatch 216864068_1263182537480125_1420647689220671899_

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found these on the Borinco6x forum (Posted by Andy Brooks)

Should give you an idea of that the Toyos will look like. He mentions a 2" lift
Ford Bronco Manual Badlands SelfSquatch 1629914918852

Ford Bronco Manual Badlands SelfSquatch 1629914943444

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found these on the Borinco6x forum (Posted by Andy Brooks)

Should give you an idea of that the Toyos will look like. He mentions a 2" lift

Oh my! 2" lift on a badlands? can you PM me a link? I'd like to read the post.
Sponsored