Sponsored

Manual or the 2.7

Who’s going to get their Bronco with a manual transmission?

• Manual

• Automatic

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if Ford will share that info. I don’t think Jeep shares but you can find posts here that say things like 5% - I don‘t think there is a basis for those low %’s.

The best thing I’ve seen shows Wrangler 20/80 with a significant decline from over 50% 15 years ago. Their methodology seems decent given that Jeep doesn’t release the true production #’s.

https://www.inwheeltime.com/grabn-gears-no-more/
I believe that percent, manual takes regardless are in the low percents in general. I don't think Ford will give those numbers publicly. Just like how they don't give separate number on models like the F-150 when people ask how many Raptors were sold, they just combine the entire F Series numbers.

But I heard Mustang manual take rates are close to 50/50, but I could be wrong or that could of changed. Also it's a pony car so more people would opt for the manual.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, so there seems to be some pretty solid support for the manual transmission.

If 47% of Bronco buyers get a manual, that means they cannot upgade their motor(1900$) or get the Sasquatch package(5000$). That could be a lot of cash Ford is leaving on the table, that would otherwise be an easy sell.

Or they could release the 2.7L manual trans combo next year and really piss off a lot of Bronco owners.

In any case still not sure on what I'll get, or even if i end up sitting this year out. I just know that I will regret getting the automatic.
I'm in the "Wait On 2022 Group"..... as I truly want a 2.7L w/MT and none of the current colors are ...... well..... preferred (I'd "settle" for Silver or White I guess). Hoping that 2022 FoMoCo will offer the 2.7L w/MT and a color that' more appealing to me. If FoMoCo doesn't offer the 2.7L w/MT, the first hand reviews from those who bought the 2.3L w/MT will help me decide if I'd forgo the 2.7L or just get the 2.7L w/AT.

I guess that with the current (that we know of) offerings from FoMoCo, I feel as I'd be "settling".
I, for one don't want to pay $45k to $65K for a vehicle that I Settled On.

My Money, My Decision.
Your Money, Your Decision.

Everyone's got to make their own decision for what works best for them. and I wouldn't fault them one bit for doing so.

Time will tell.........

OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the "Wait On 2022 Group"..... as I truly want a 2.7L w/MT and none of the current colors are ...... well..... preferred (I'd "settle" for Silver or White I guess). Hoping that 2022 FoMoCo will offer the 2.7L w/MT and a color that' more appealing to me. If FoMoCo doesn't offer the 2.7L w/MT, the first hand reviews from those who bought the 2.3L w/MT will help me decide if I'd forgo the 2.7L or just get the 2.7L w/AT.

I guess that with the current (that we know of) offerings from FoMoCo, I feel as I'd be "settling".
I, for one don't want to pay $45k to $65K for a vehicle that I Settled On.

My Money, My Decision.
Your Money, Your Decision.

Everyone's got to make their own decision for what works best for them. and I wouldn't fault them one bit for doing so.

Time will tell.........
A lot of this conversations while we wait to get our hands on our Bronco, is talk about what we want option wise and what we plan on doing with it. To the people that want to get the manual or get the 2.7L is fine, it's your money and your rig. I think most people are looking to make that decision when going on this site. I completely agree with you, no one should be faulting any one on what trim level or how they spec their Bronco.

There's a chance Ford will add something like the manual to the 2.7L or something like that will come further down the line. Or could be small options that would have been a big deal to wait for. Based on the amount of reservations made, I think there will be no dealer orders and a good amount of people will probably be like you and on the 2022 list.

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don't see Ford offering the manual with the 2.7 anytime in the near future. The manual is going to be very low volume sales wise.
The only reasons they offer the manual are 1. People will complain that they don't offer it, even though most of the people complaining have no intention of buying a manual anyway, 2. The Wrangler offers a manual, and 3. They can advertise the crawler gear ratio.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Ford will make way more money on the auto then the MT and can advertise the base price lower. It's potentially a $1600 upgrade over the MT if the survey emails accurately reflect pricing. They don't want to sell manuals.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't see Ford offering the manual with the 2.7 anytime in the near future. The manual is going to be very low volume sales wise.
The only reasons they offer the manual are 1. People will complain that they don't offer it, even though most of the people complaining have no intention of buying a manual anyway, 2. The Wrangler offers a manual, and 3. They can advertise the crawler gear ratio.

Those are my thoughts anyway. Ford will make way more money on the auto then the MT and can advertise the base price lower. It's potentially a $1600 upgrade over the MT if the survey emails accurately reflect pricing. They don't want to sell manuals.
You're probably right, I think the soonest we could see something new like a manual option on a bigger engine is maybe around or after we get the rumored Bronco Raptor. I'd only think they'd maybe pair a manual to a V6 because that's Jeep has paired to their manual.

Since this isn't a Mustang, I'm interested in what the real take rates are. They will be low, more people say they want one and when it comes to buying a vehicle that has it as an option, most people go with the auto. I don't know if it them not wanting to sell them or just the actual volume of sales with the manual will be low. If anything the Bronco manual sale will probably be close but in general they both are low volume. They gave the manual for the small percentage of purists that want to row their own gears and because the Wrangler has one. I think the Bronco meets Jeep in means of offerings and capability.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a 1997 Ford Mustang GT for 16 years with a manual transmission and just loved driving that car, even for the two years I was commuting in Los Angeles traffic. When it became necessary to replace it, I needed something with a bit more practicality so went with a small SUV. There were several options that offered a manual (Forrester, CX-5, Tiguan), but they were all the extreme base model with no options or creature comforts at all. I ended up going with a '14 Escape (obviously no manual), and I just haven't had the same passion for driving the car.

I couldn't be more thrilled Ford is offering not just a manual, but a manual on not just the lowest trim level. While its easy to dwell on what you don't get with a manual, I, for one, am looking at what I do get. I'm getting a 4 door Badlands w/ Lux (all the tech features), MOST of the Sasquatch features, and more HP and torque than any other vehicle I (or my wife) have owned.

I think the roughly 50/50 poll is being skewed by 1). this being an enthusiast forum and 2). this thread attracting the specific population of people interested in manuals. I just hope the take rate on the manual is enough for Ford to keep offering it!

OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up going with a '14 Escape (obviously no manual), and I just haven't had the same passion for driving the car.
That's how I'm feeling right now with my 2019 Escape. Since the Bronco wasn't out yet I just went and leased this Escape that the deal had on the lot. I love my Escape it's a great vehicle the all wheel drive system is nice but no part of the vehicle is fun and I knew that would be the case going into it. I think going with a manual on a Bronco will just bring out more of a fun factor. and there is plently reasons why the manual has a mark against it. I for one am trying to look for the positives without yet fully knowing how my build will go or how I will spec it just yet.
While its easy to dwell on what you don't get with a manual, I, for one, am looking at what I do get. I'm getting a 4 door Badlands w/ Lux (all the tech features), MOST of the Sasquatch features, and more HP and torque than any other vehicle I (or my wife) have owned.
I think once they open up the build creator on their website, people will settle down or not depending on wha people are looking for/expecting. I probably won't have my decision/mind made up until I'm online building.
I think the roughly 50/50 poll is being skewed by 1). this being an enthusiast forum and 2). this thread attracting the specific population of people interested in manuals. I just hope the take rate on the manual is enough for Ford to keep offering it!
You're 100% correct it's definitely skewed but who knows how many will be built with a manual. I think there will be a good amount to starting off but not much after more orders go in. I hope people buy them just so Ford does see an interest. Theres nothing worse then seeing Ford get rid of the manual a few years in, then we are stuck with no manuals for the Bronco.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's how I'm feeling right now with my 2019 Escape. Since the Bronco wasn't out yet I just went and leased this Escape that the deal had on the lot. I love my Escape it's a great vehicle the all wheel drive system is nice but no part of the vehicle is fun and I knew that would be the case going into it. I think going with a manual on a Bronco will just bring out more of a fun factor. and there is plently reasons why the manual has a mark against it. I for one am trying to look for the positives without yet fully knowing how my build will go or how I will spec it just yet.

I think once they open up the build creator on their website, people will settle down or not depending on wha people are looking for/expecting. I probably won't have my decision/mind made up until I'm online building.

You're 100% correct it's definitely skewed but who knows how many will be built with a manual. I think there will be a good amount to starting off but not much after more orders go in. I hope people buy them just so Ford does see an interest. Theres nothing worse then seeing Ford get rid of the manual a few years in, then we are stuck with no manuals for the Bronco.
Likely that as long as Jeep offers a manual, so will Ford.

OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Likely that as long as Jeep offers a manual, so will Ford.
Could be a possibility but sometimes Ford does their own thing regardless what their competition does. I know they don't have the same exact manual but I'd say if the Mustang Ecoboost's manual sticks around, the Bronco's will too.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised that this poll is about 50/50 but the 2.7 vs 2.3 was 80/20 last time I looked.

Seems like if Ford offered the Sasquatch with Manual, there’s a lot more money in it for them. Hopefully they deliver

OP
OP
rapidredbronco2021

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised that this poll is about 50/50 but the 2.7 vs 2.3 was 80/20 last time I looked.

Seems like if Ford offered the Sasquatch with Manual, there’s a lot more money in it for them. Hopefully they deliver
I can see Ford making the Sasquatch package available with the manual down the road. I don’t know if they’d risk pissing the 2021 buyers by making the change for 2022 but maybe for 2023. They should foreseen most Bronco buyers would want to equip that package regardless of what transmission they have

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They've already pissed off several 2021 buyers/would have been buyers.
Sponsored