Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is all good news, and I hope these numbers stay relatively consistent. I have a lot of customer's that work at Intel that are saying the chip shortage is starting to get much better. I hope that is true.
It appears to be getting much better in the GPU market the last few weeks.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But doesn't the latter half of your comment not change, since they would build it anyways? Like if a customer cancels their order, doesn't the dealership order it regardless and treat it as dealer stock?
Not my understanding.

If it already has been scheduled when it gets canceled, the Bronco "exists". It gets built and sent to the dealer, like you say.

If it hasn't already been scheduled when it gets canceled, the order disappears. Presumably that dealer's allocation remains the same, but whatever's next in the dealer's queue would get scheduled in lieu of the cancellation. [That's a slight simplification of how scheduling actually works, but for the purposes of this discussion it's enough.]

This doesn't count dealers that play games they aren't supposed to play, i.e. when you "cancel" they keep the Bronco on the books against your wishes, in order to get a lot Bronco to mark up.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're assuming everybody that reserved has converted to order and everybody that converted to order never cancelled. I tried to argue this point with somebody yesterday. What I want to know is how many CURRENT orders are sitting and waiting at this time.
Yes, some people have a very unrealistic view of the order conversion rate, because they personally cannot imagine why anyone would cancel.

The conversion rate for the Bronco is high, but it's not near 100%, and it's safe to assume that plenty more have canceled after ordering... it's been 1.25 years, life happens.

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're assuming everybody that reserved has converted to order and everybody that converted to order never cancelled. I tried to argue this point with somebody yesterday. What I want to know is how many CURRENT orders are sitting and waiting at this time. 50k? I feel pretty good, 150k? not so much.
Not exactly there were 160k reservations reported and of those 90k converted by March 21. That is from dealer reports I heard. Some of those may have canceled but I don’t think a lot.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm very curious as to their definition of "produced". If it's sitting at Ice Mountain, does that count as "produced"?
Ones on hold are considered work in progress inventory per GAAP accounting principles. Production is so high because it is hold completion releases plus new production that was completed.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hats off to Ford! They can produce the sh!t out of them F-150s! Broncos? Not so much.
Yes, but remember:
1. The F150 is Fords golden goose and arguably the most successful vehicle ever produced
2. They have two dedicated assembly plants
3. They have been steadily building them since the end of WW2

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

haha, good luck. If you're early enough I would expect it soon. One would almost think all we got left to build are Badlands and Wildtrak. Did you order a 2 door or MIC 4 door or something?
haha, good luck. If you're early enough I would expect it soon. One would almost think all we got left to build are Badlands and Wildtrak. Did you order a 2 door or MIC 4 door or something?

It was a base 2.7 with Sas & MIC. I changed to BB 2.7 with SAS and MIC with Two. Now I have BB Sas 2.7 with soft top no tow.

Leclair103

Wildtrak
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been at the waiting part of this adventure for only 12 months. Understand the frustration with those that are 13+ months and waiting. In my older age, I’ve been trying hard to see the bright side and this is good news.

Understand that several of them will sit in a lot waiting for chips, et. al. However, I’d rather have them produced and waiting 2-3 months for X part(s) than not built at all.
Reserved July 13th 2020 and still waiting

• Sad
Reactions: jxc

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total Bronco's produced 2021-22: 90,915
Total Bronco's Sales (sold) 2021-22: 58,596

That means... 32,319 Broncos are in LIMBO. Dirt mountain, Ice mountain, Spring mountain (Whatever????)

Chips... roofs... tow package???... whatever LIMBO>?>>>>LIMBO????:eek::eek::eek::eek:

My problem is... I am a July 15 (36 hours since launch) reservation holder....

And, NO.....
I DON'T HAVE A VIN NUMBER AND OR A BUILD DATE

I dream of the day I am at least in LIMBO!!!!!

I was told that absolutely/positively after 90K units were built I would have a VIN number and build date. That is where my place was in line of the first 120 thousand orders......

Any Word from Ford???? nothing...nada... go fish???

Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 1.34.32 PM
Ford scheduled up to May 2. That means June and July are right around the corner.

My gut tells me I will be lucky to have my Vin and Build date after 2 plus years of waiting.

Not complaining:cry::cry::cry::cry: ... but does anyone else feel my pain here????

Last edited:

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hats off to Ford! They can produce the sh!t out of them F-150s! Broncos? Not so much.
Ford has been making F150s for how long now?? I bet ford workers could assemble them in their sleep.

How long has ford been making the bronco? Since last summer or something like that?

It only makes sense there will be a period adjusting to making a new model. Doing that during a pandemic and war doesn’t put them in a good position for a new model rollout.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quarter 1 USA:
Total Q1 Ford 312,984 *
Bronco Q1 23,573 (8%)
Bronco Sport Q1 29,573 (9%)
Your Q1 (YTD) USA sales total contains a typographical error, making it 100,000 too low. The actual number is 412,984, not 312,984, and if you include Lincoln branded sales (also owned by Ford), the Q1 (YTD) USA total is 432,132.

Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units Ford Q1 2022 Sales (USA)

We know in todays world sold = produced because there is no real inventory.
Sold does not equal Produced, because Inventory is not zero.

Actual March 2022 Bronco stats are listed below:
  • Bronco production: 14,953 vehicles
  • Bronco sales: 9,757 vehicles
  • Bronco inventory: 14,700 vehicles
Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units Ford March 2022 Production (USA)

Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units Ford March 2022 Sales by Plant and Brand (USA)

Ford Bronco March 2022 Bronco Production: 14,953 Units Ford March 2022 Inventory (USA)

*just for a interesting comparison Tesla sold 310,000 in Q1 (worldwide). Take it as you will.
I hope you realize that you are comparing Ford's Q1 USA totals (with a typo that understates the real number) against Tesla's Q1 Worldwide totals.

Last edited:

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine has been sitting there "built" for a few weeks... it's on a "convoy delay"... I live 4-5 hours from MAP.... These numbers are just numbers.... when they start actually delivering Broncos consistently then let's talk about numbers.....
My 2021 has been there since 12/08

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total Bronco's produced 2021-22: 90,915
Total Bronco's Sales (sold) 2021-22: 58,596

That means... 32,319 Broncos are in LIMBO. Dirt mountain, Ice mountain, Spring mountain (Whatever????)
It's not quite that dire, as mannequins, review units, and other misc. Broncos never appear in the "sold" category, and thousands aren't held up at all, but going through their "normal" month in delivery time. We would expect production to be a month ahead of sales.

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I rarely see Edges on the road but they're making a shit ton of them
I think you meant you done NOTICE any on the road. They blend in.

Wfontes

Outer Banks
First Name
WF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (SOLD IT 11/1/21) sharing wife's '21 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My 2021 has been there since 12/08
I feel you’re pain…. My 2021 OBX was smashed into a viaduct a few miles from delivering it to the dealership on 12/1/21…. I’m on Round 2. Reordered a 2022 OBX and that’s the one sitting on a lot at MAP on a “convoy delay”….
Sponsored