First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I must have missed the line for Broncos currently f*cked on Ice Mountain?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given that it takes 3-4 weeks on average to ship, March sales numbers really should be compared to Feb production numbers.
That is the correct cohort. Agreed.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look at the bright side, the only supplier holdups are semiconductors.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So roughly 91k Broncos total have already rolled down the production line. Figure there are probably about another 20k scheduled for April and May.

So if you don't have a VIN yet, Ford didn't consider you for one of the first 110k Broncos to be built.

Sponsored

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quarter 1 USA:
Total Q1 Ford 312,984 *
Bronco Q1 23,573 (8%)
Bronco Sport Q1 29,573 (9%)

To date they have sold 143,378 Bronco Sports and 58,596 Broncos

We know in todays world sold = produced because there is no real inventory. The sales number are no relation to "demand" as some like to say. They had 90,000 Bronco orders from the initial reservation in summer of 2020. The numbers reflect the reality we know.
The demand for the bronco is unknown but much higher than what Ford is deciding to produce. You can't really test drive a bronco in most cases and if you find a dealer with one its 10K over MSRP. You can however drive a bronco sport and many are purchased off the lot. Until there is a supply of Broncos there is no way of judging demand.

*just for a interesting comparison Tesla sold 310,000 in Q1 (worldwide). Take it as you will.

broncoq1.JPG

sportq1.JPG
Did Tesla sell 310,000 total across all its models, or is that for one specific model? I think that matters. Also, how many reservations does Ford have? Is it right around 200k? If that's true, if Ford keeps the average at 9757, we'd be at 120k total produced by Oct (end of '22 model year). Yikes.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did Tesla sell 310,000 total across all its models, or is that for one specific model? I think that matters. Also, how many reservations does Ford have? Is it right around 200k? If that's true, if Ford keeps the average at 9757, we'd be at 120k total produced by Oct (end of '22 model year). Yikes.
You're assuming everybody that reserved has converted to order and everybody that converted to order never cancelled. I tried to argue this point with somebody yesterday. What I want to know is how many CURRENT orders are sitting and waiting at this time. 50k? I feel pretty good, 150k? not so much.

miami2823

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
You're assuming everybody that reserved has converted to order and everybody that converted to order never cancelled. I tried to argue this point with somebody yesterday. What I want to know is how many CURRENT orders are sitting and waiting at this time. 50k? I feel pretty good, 150k? not so much.
But doesn't the latter half of your comment not change, since they would build it anyways? Like if a customer cancels their order, doesn't the dealership order it regardless and treat it as dealer stock?

Your first part of rsvp to order is not something I thought about. That is a curious number -- if 200k reservations came in but only 120k actually converted, that matters big time. I see what you're saying.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The numbers are good but Ford HAS to start building higher end trims and not just covering big dealers with Big Bends to stick on the lot. We are just now starting to see Badlands and Wildtracks built in any meaningful quantity. It's also sad as many as they're building and as early as my personal reservation is I just about don't expect to see it this year as ridiculous as that sounds.
Damn straight

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so they can make 15000 new ones but there are still a S-ton (including mine) sitting on a lot waiting for parts?!
Part of the production would include ones completed and released/shipped to the dealer. 15,000 is new units built and shipped plus any that was on hold that was completed and shipped. My guess is maybe 1500 shipped from hold and 13500 was actual production . I would expect this Trend to continue, higher than actual production, over the next couple months as they clean up the holds.

friethmiller

Everglades
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150, 1974 Porsche 914, 1974 Porsche 914 LE
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Hats off to Ford! They can produce the sh!t out of them F-150s! Broncos? Not so much.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford obviously knows:
1. How many orders have not been scheduled yet
2. How many orders are currently scheduled
3. How many orders have been built but not shipped/sold
4. How many orders have been sold

I think we only know #4. Hard to believe the other numbers aren't out there somewhere.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is all good news, and I hope these numbers stay relatively consistent. I have a lot of customer's that work at Intel that are saying the chip shortage is starting to get much better. I hope that is true.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But doesn't the latter half of your comment not change, since they would build it anyways? Like if a customer cancels their order, doesn't the dealership order it regardless and treat it as dealer stock?

Your first part of rsvp to order is not something I thought about. That is a curious number -- if 200k reservations came in but only 120k actually converted, that matters big time. I see what you're saying.
That part I'm not sure of...I assume some cancellations go all the way to Ford while others go to dealer lots. I wish cancellations were direct with Ford and not dealers.
Sponsored