Sponsored

Marine grade vinyl in Arizona!! Is this a good choice??

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I got leather seats in one car. I use a sun screen every time I park in the Summer. Prevents any problems for me.

My Jeep has cloth seats, I have wet okole seat covers. They are waterproof neoprene custom seat covers. They don’t get hot in the Summer or cold in the Winter.
Sponsored

zeak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wrangler, BMW 3 series
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Katzkin also makes cooled seat covers, though I don't know the cost.

I have a Jeep Wrangler with tan cloth seats and they never get too hot or cold. I also have a BMW 3 sedan with black leatherette (vinyl) seats and it's fine in the summer, although it's not a convertible. I'm in MD where the summer temp gets into the 90's with 90% humidity. I promise that marine grade vinyl is nothing like the old school plastic vinyl. But the convertible exposure is a tough question. One I'm wondering about as well.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now at the other end of the spectrum:
You guys in Colorado can probably relate, but while I live in Arkansas now, I was in Nebraska and Wisconsin combined for about 30 years and in those sub zero days that vinyl would almost crack when you first sat in it and it would never warm up. Used to keep blankets on those bad boys.
Don't tell anyone but the winters here are soooooo much milder than in the midwest.

OP
OP
desibull

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now at the other end of the spectrum:
You guys in Colorado can probably relate, but while I live in Arkansas now, I was in Nebraska and Wisconsin combined for about 30 years and in those sub zero days that vinyl would almost crack when you first sat in it and it would never warm up. Used to keep blankets on those bad boys.
That is what I was about the say as well, while my post related to the heat vinyl I would think will feel extremely cold in the winter months..hahaha

OP
OP
desibull

desibull

Black Diamond
First Name
Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Katzkin also makes cooled seat covers, though I don't know the cost.

I have a Jeep Wrangler with tan cloth seats and they never get too hot or cold. I also have a BMW 3 sedan with black leatherette (vinyl) seats and it's fine in the summer, although it's not a convertible. I'm in MD where the summer temp gets into the 90's with 90% humidity. I promise that marine grade vinyl is nothing like the old school plastic vinyl. But the convertible exposure is a tough question. One I'm wondering about as well.
I think we have similar cars as my BMW is black with black interior and leatherette seats...with tinted windows as much heat does not come in..always leave the windows cracked open a bit and put a windshield cover..so if Vinyl is similar maybe I am ok...

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My current vehicle (here in Arizona) has light-colored leather seats. Yes, it helps to put up the windshield shade every time I park. Yes, they aren't hot once the a/c chills the interior. But they still make your legs sweat if you wear shorts and the sun seems to eat vinyl and leather here.
I will be avoiding any kind if vinyl (or leather) for my Bronco unless one of Ford's 200 accessories are some really awesome washable cotton terrycloth seat covers. (Or maybe Granger Ford can throw in some special "Got it at Granger" or "Broncotown" covers for the front seats!

Txbeerrealtor

Wildtrak
First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn, 2017 GLE 350 4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think we have similar cars as my BMW is black with black interior and leatherette seats...with tinted windows as much heat does not come in..always leave the windows cracked open a bit and put a windshield cover..so if Vinyl is similar maybe I am ok...
Desibul, yeah, BMW leatherette (much like Mercedes MBTex) is just high qulaity vinyl so the Bronco seats should be similar.

ApexCars

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had a 2009 Malibu wakboarding boat. I made sure to get light colors becasue here in Texas anything with dark colors is going to geat HOT in the sun. The seats were high end marine grade vinyl and they were white with some light grey contrast. In the sun they still got hot enough to burn your feet when you stepped on them. We would splash lake water on them before sitting on them if they had been in the sun for long. Little harder to do that all the time in a Bronco. Seat vinyl may have improved in the last 11 years but I still bet it's going to get HOT if you leave it in the sun with the top off.
Sponsored