First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There was nothing forcing the customers to use their insurance coverage instead of out-of-pocket

If you ever need a policy covered just remember this and do the moral thing. Commit insurance fraud Write the check out of your own personal account.

It's akin to why people gripe about paying their HOA dues, but always seem shy about covering the $250,000+ roof replacement job on their own. Come on, put your money where your mouth is!
Matt was complicit with the customers regarding the fraud. Examples were: Giving a customer a tow, waiting for them to apply for AAA tow coverage and then dating the tow bill after the coverage was in place. Towing a SxS off road vehicle and then billing the tow job to AAA on a different persons account as a motor vehicle. Hauling materials to someone wanted and then charging that transportation as a vehicle tow.

Actions like Matt took are what drive up insurance costs for everyone.

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Yamahamer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Matt was complicit with the customers regarding the fraud. Examples were: Giving a customer a tow, waiting for them to apply for AAA tow coverage and then dating the tow bill after the coverage was in place. Towing a SxS off road vehicle and then billing the tow job to AAA on a different persons account as a motor vehicle. Hauling materials to someone wanted and then charging that transportation as a vehicle tow.

Actions like Matt took are what drive up insurance costs for everyone.
Don't know what the real story was behind all this and don't really care. But as a FORMER AAA member (along with the wife) I can tell you that AAA is also misleading customers as to their service area and that may have had something to do with it. When we joined AAA we were given to understand that they would come to the rescue ANYPLACE we were here in Nevada. Not true! Wife had a flat tire on her Jeep not far from town but on a good graded gravel road. AAA refused to respond because it was off pavement. Somewhere in the fine print of their contract they can get away with that; I've heard of others that have had the same problem.

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2022/...s-no-contest-to-making-fraudulent-aaa-claims/

Basically he admitted to doing work for customers but filing false paperwork to make sure the customers were covered. He's currently on probation and repaid the disputed claims. I read it more as a situation where he tried to do people a favor by filing false paperwork, not that he wasn't doing the work or double-charging folks.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What’s the difference between these and broncbuster’s brace/sleeve solution, other than needing to remove the sleeve for alignments?
This is a full tie rod that will be much stronger. The sleeve attempts to address the weakest point, but the whole factory tie rod is junk in my opinion.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a full tie rod that will be much stronger. The sleeve attempts to address the weakest point, but the whole factory tie rod is junk in my opinion.
Makes sense, I suppose time will tell which break solution breaks more. So far, only documented break I could find is Broncbuster guy on the RPG heim.

Suppose one realized good thing about a full rod solution is that you don’t need to remove anything to get it aligned :)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Makes sense, I suppose time will tell which break solution breaks more. So far, only documented break I could find is Broncbuster guy on the RPG heim.

Suppose one realized good thing about a full rod solution is that you don’t need to remove anything to get it aligned :)
Are you talking about the steering rack breaking or the tie rod breaking? Because there have been multiple tie rods of course.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, I had no idea there were less expensive options. I’ll grab these as I don’t feel like shelling out $400
With the $50 sleeves I think you would need to get an alignment afterwards since you are unthreading the tie rod to install them. An alignment is less than $350, but I've had 3 of them done so far as I've upgraded things on my Bronco and they add up fast at about $130 each plus all the time wasted going back and and forth to the shop.

Are you talking about the steering rack breaking or the tie rod breaking? Because there have been multiple tie rods of course.
Bronc Buster was on a Lite Brite video where he tried to bomb up a hill with is 40's "filled with some water for added traction". Needless to say he snapped the RPG tie rod on the first obstacle and was out 5 minutes into a 30 minute video. I remember it looking like the 1/2 tie rod kit from RPG, which just replaces the part that doesn't break and reuses the inner tie rod that does bend/brake. It wasn't the full tie rod kit they also have in the RPG store now. I can't find the video on LB's youtube, maybe they removed it? It was the video where Bronc Buster broke the steering on the Blue one in the first 5 minutes and busted the front CV joint on his wife's white Bronco later in the same video.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m talking about no documented instances of someone breaking a tie rod with the Broncbuster solution versus the same guy already breaking the RPG tie rod
With the $50 sleeves I think you would need to get an alignment afterwards since you are unthreading the tie rod to install them. An alignment is less than $350, but I've had 3 of them done so far as I've upgraded things on my Bronco and they add up fast at about $130 each plus all the time wasted going back and and forth to the shop.

Bronc Buster was on a Lite Brite video where he tried to bomb up a hill with is 40's "filled with some water for added traction". Needless to say he snapped the RPG tie rod on the first obstacle and was out 5 minutes into a 30 minute video. I remember it looking like the 1/2 tie rod kit from RPG, which just replaces the part that doesn't break and reuses the inner tie rod that does bend/brake. It wasn't the full tie rod kit they also have in the RPG store now. I can't find the video on LB's youtube, maybe they removed it? It was the video where Bronc Buster broke the steering on the Blue one in the first 5 minutes and busted the front CV joint on his wife's white Bronco later in the same video.
I believe he broke the full rod
Ford Bronco Matt’s Offroad Recovery rescues a Bronco by welding tie rods on the trail! D84F38D5-5764-420D-AB4A-E4261231F054

Ford Bronco Matt’s Offroad Recovery rescues a Bronco by welding tie rods on the trail! 6DC78476-1C41-4A95-83FA-EFA8CA38D7D9

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m talking about no documented instances of someone breaking a tie rod with the Broncbuster solution versus the same guy already breaking the RPG tie rod

I believe he broke the full rod
Ford Bronco Matt’s Offroad Recovery rescues a Bronco by welding tie rods on the trail! 6DC78476-1C41-4A95-83FA-EFA8CA38D7D9

You're right! I couldn't find that video and was just going off a faulty memory. At least with that it looks like you could carry a spare (heim?) joint and bash the old one out on the trail.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're right! I couldn't find that video and was just going off a faulty memory. At least with that it looks like you could carry a spare (heim?) joint and bash the old one out on the trail.
I’m also curious if his solution would’ve failed here too… told me that he was just running the RPG rod because it’s just what was there before the broncbrace was born
Sponsored

Last edited: