Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here I am debating if I want the door bags.
You can have whatever you want... As long as it's NOT Race Red... That's my color!

It's gonna be tough when someone finally produces those fenders.... Probably 2k + the paint match ?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can have whatever you want... As long as it's NOT Race Red... That's my color!

It's gonna be tough when someone finally produces those fenders.... Probably 2k + the paint match ?
VB here. RR is for that southern hippie state of NJ.

Just thought of a spare tire cover for RR - body color with a big white octagon on it.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure about your situation BUT see if your S-O thinks the tire proportions are right. Mine said "That one" while pointing at the Squatch. However, the Base, BB, BD, OBX probably have the same suspension and the thread with the Black BD picture as a first post has a great square on side view. The 285s really look like they will fit.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just can't see Ford cutting it off at 32's. Especially when I fit 33's on the wife's JKU sport with new wheels.

Edit: add in the fact that a 285/70 is 32.7". Should fit with proper offset.
Proper offset is the key.
The difference between the Outer banks tire diameter (255/70-18) and the 285/70-17 is only .61". That would be less than 3/8" on the radius so I'll bet there is enough room. That's why I'll be shopping for somebody's beadlock capable OEM "take offs" to stay with the factory offset.
For the folks going for that "poke" or bro-dozer look they may have issues with the 285/70-17 on their Base, BB, BD, or OBX with a stock suspension.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Proper offset is the key.
The difference between the Outer banks tire diameter (255/70-18) and the 285/70-17 is only .61". That would be less than 3/8" on the radius so I'll bet there is enough room. That's why I'll be shopping for somebody's beadlock capable OEM "take offs" to stay with the factory offset.
For the folks going for that "poke" or bro-dozer look they may have issues with the 285/70-17 on their Base, BB, BD, or OBX with a stock suspension.
Aw yeah, the bro-dozer look... isn't that what we all want?

Now I have another thought as I check out tire sizes... If I go with a 255/80r17 I get good height @ 33.1" and width stays same with stock @ 10". Though that's kind of skinny in my opinion for a 33" tire. But allows me to hang on to the ugly Big Bend Wheels for a year or two until I wear out the tires.

Just so many different routes I can go. I wish they had a tire visualizer like I've seen when shopping tires/wheels for the wife's Jeep. That'd really help things out here.

Sponsored

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, I tried to search and didn't find anything so I'm just going to throw this out there.

Has anyone seen any information on maximum tire size for the Big Bend trim? All I see is questions/discussions about Badlands which appears to have a taller suspension than the other trims as it is.

I'm well aware that to go to a 285 I'd need to most likely opt for new wheels as well (which isn't bad, BB wheels are ugly).

But is there any reason to think they wouldn't fit otherwise? That is a $5,000 swing in my builds.. Go BB and swap wheels/tires (figure $2,500+/- for aftermarket wheel/tire) or go with Squatch? Like I say, $5,000 swing being that Squatch is financed. $2,500 swing if you account for new wheels/tires (those wouldn't be financed over course of the loan). I prefer the look of Squatch, but some days it's hard to justify the bump up to them when 33's will still look good.

Thanks
Talk to your dealer. Mine said he can work my wheel/tire upgrades into my loan. Not sure on the details yet

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No one knows this info yet. Hell, look on any forum for any vehicle and people still can't figure out the biggest tire to go on X model even after it's been made for 10 years.

When someone actually has a Bronco and can fit tires on it, then we will know. There is no magic answer. Wheel offset will have a lot to do with it. What rubs on one wheel won't on another.

In 9-12 months when you get your Bronco, we should know. Until then, don't worry too much about it.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Talk to your dealer. Mine said he can work my wheel/tire upgrades into my loan. Not sure on the details yet
Yeah our group has tried that. Most dealers are fine with it but they know less than we know. Makes it tough to try and find something ahead of time.

This is one simple thing Ford could do here. Give us some numbers instead of pushing out this handful of pre-production vehicles.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead like @EvlNvrDys. Has there been any new info on this front recently? More specifically width than height - I'm thinking about asking to swap up to 275/70R17s when I buy if they will roll the price into the car loan. I mean really, why wouldn't they want to charge me interest on tires for the next seven years?

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead like @EvlNvrDys. Has there been any new info on this front recently? More specifically width than height - I'm thinking about asking to swap up to 275/70R17s when I buy if they will roll the price into the car loan. I mean really, why wouldn't they want to charge me interest on tires for the next seven years?
The reason most don't want to give a credit is because it seems no one likes the tires Ford picked... or at least the sizes. Dealers would end up with way too many tires to try and offload as used tires.

As for rolling it into the loan, well it's not coming that way from the factory, hence it won't be rolled into the loan. Granted, they add in ESP's and window etchings and everything else into the loan, so ignore my previous comment and say..... should be possible.

My plan with my BB is to "hopefully" order up my new tires and wheels prior to taking delivery. Since I'm not going Squatch, the money I save on down payment goes into new tires. So it ends up being a wash for me.
Sponsored