First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
When is Ford going to have a plan in place to sell aftermarket hard tops?!?
We’ve been talking about this for a year now!
That is obvious, they don't have enough for new Broncos, so of course they aren't going to hold up production to sell aftermarket.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a second MIC plant opening soonish. That will open the flood gates a bit.

Not going to be shocked if the early MIC tops out of the second plant come with their own unique set of problems though. That would be par for the course.

JayhawkJake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Bronco came from the factory with the wrong lock installed on one of the panels. Luckily for me it was a side handle installed in the middle, so they all functioned but one side was barely covering the attach point. My dealer replaced the handle as a warranty repair.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes mine has a sticker with a date. Primer applied on 11/15/2021. Wonder if mine is V1 or v2. 🤷‍♂️
If you’re really lucky, you can be one of the many dirt mountain detainees that have a MIC 1.5, half MIC 1.0, half MIC 2.0. Two tone roof for no extra charge. 😉 My sticker says 8/10/2021, so the front and rear are MIC 1.0 and the middle panels are 2.0.

Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 04888A90-0FA0-48CE-A40F-BD69F952E924

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco came from the factory with the wrong lock installed on one of the panels. Luckily for me it was a side handle installed in the middle, so they all functioned but one side was barely covering the attach point. My dealer replaced the handle as a warranty repair.
That makes three wrong latches in this thread alone. I assume that latch installer is a decent paying UAW job. You have 2 shorter latches and an assortment of 3.75” and mouse trap latches. Get it together, stop smoking weed on your break, and do your job.
Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 1649889534836

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes three wrong latches in this thread alone. I assume that latch installer is a decent paying UAW job. You have 2 shorter latches and an assortment of 3.75” and mouse trap latches. Get it together, stop smoking weed on your break, and do your job.
What do you expect for...$50/hour. :oops:

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bronkoooo

First Edition
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you’re really lucky, you can be one of the many dirt mountain detainees that have a MIC 1.5, half MIC 1.0, half MIC 2.0. Two tone roof for no extra charge. 😉 My sticker says 8/10/2021, so the front and rear are MIC 1.0 and the middle panels are 2.0.

Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 1649889534836
I have the same on my FE. Really bothers me, can’t not stare. Going to suck it up and hope some where down the line painted tops will be available to replace it with. I‘m relieved to see it’s not just me, and that is a real thing.

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These MIC tops are a never ending shit show. What a depressing thread. Received my bronco with a soft top in February, and was planning on purchasing a hard top this Fall before next winter. However, now I’m slowly resigning myself to the fact I may plan on two winters without a hard top.
Aftermarket options remain limited and ford doesn’t seem to be helping matters either….

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have several of these latches in different sizes available...they were extras on the top I Chopped up for a half cab. I got them for free with my Chopped up top, so if anyone needs these just pay shipping and there yours.

By the way, please list dealer area for top mic2 warrentee replacement for those of us that like to dumpster dive for spare top parts.

20220414_063841.jpg

MattAttack85

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX and 23 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 20220409_093031

This is my V2 hardtop. Produced in early October 21. All of the edges are getting like that.....

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had my V1 MIC top replaced on my 2dr with the V2 in January. No issues with the new top other than the Tech broke the rear window hinge covers during removal. New covers just recently installed by dealer.
I didn’t really have any issues with the V1 roof just thought I would get it replaced before the rush happened.
The one real complaint with my Bronco is wind noise on the freeway. No difference with the new top so I‘m thinking the roof rack may be the culprit.
Sponsored

Last edited: