First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m going make a point to inspect my bronco the day it comes off the truck. Typically you have 24 hours to report any defects/damage and ford should cover it. If not it will fall on the dealer. Obviously shittty quality tops fall on Ford but I’d rather everything be documented delivery day. If you don’t think they’ll try to weasel out of it your mistaken.
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First World Problems. No, it's not perfect, but it is still functional and I'm darn jealous you get to have fun before I do. I had a 1972 Fiat 850 Sportster Spider that the top to windshield seal was so bad that if I drove in the rain I had to wear googles. I still miss that old car.....

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

First World Problems. No, it's not perfect, but it is still functional and I'm darn jealous you get to have fun before I do. I had a 1972 Fiat 850 Sportster Spider that the top to windshield seal was so bad that if I drove in the rain I had to wear googles. I still miss that old car.....
Reminds me of pretty much everything in the the 70s leaked lol. T-Tops, targa tops, convertibles, vent louvers over an engine, etc list goes on. I will say I had a 77 CJ7 one piece hard top that didnt leak 🤪

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure that by now Ford realizes that all MIC buyers will show up at their dealers with a flashlight and a laminate consultant in tow

BBSBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FWIW, I asked my sales dude if the roof is covered by warranty on a recent call and he assured me that it is and that I wasn’t the first person to ask that due to the known issues about the roof. Honestly, there’s nothing the dealer can do about it, they want it to be covered as much as we do to cover their butts.

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bestop has a 2 door top, just get that and throw that mic into the dealers lot. :cool:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, call it first world problems when the top on your $50k+ brand new vehicle starts swelling from moisture and crumbles away while you wait for the dipshit company that screwed up that top to give you a new one that might be worse.

This is unacceptable and these tops should be 100% perfect out of the factory. No swells, scratches, delamination, snakeskinning...none of it. The more of this garbage I see the more I think I want to push my order to a 2022 and hope these morons find some competence or get their shit together in a few extra months.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, call it first world problems when the top on your $50k+ brand new vehicle starts swelling from moisture and crumbles away while you wait for the dipshit company that screwed up that top to give you a new one that might be worse.

This is unacceptable and these tops should be 100% perfect out of the factory. No swells, scratches, delamination, snakeskinning...none of it. The more of this garbage I see the more I think I want to push my order to a 2022 and hope these morons find some competence or get their shit together in a few extra months.

This is beyond ridiculous.
Have you considered Decaf?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure when you report an issue, any issue, that your dealer creates a repair order with the current mileage, even if that's at the time of delivery. We need to create a roadmap with photos (digital imaging), mileage and date. The way things are looking Ford will probably end up having to come out with a program to either extend coverage or do replacements when this is finally sorted out. Telling someone is NOT the same as having it documented with a repair order.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My salesman already hates me. Once I inspect the car, he’s REALLY gonna hate me. I plan to pull off every panel and inspect every square inch. All edges, surfaces, seals, seems, fit, etc. (and that’s just the roof). With the intent on claiming any and all of it before I take possession.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My salesman already hates me. Once I inspect the car, he’s REALLY gonna hate me. I plan to pull off every panel and inspect every square inch. All edges, surfaces, seals, seems, fit, etc. (and that’s just the roof). With the intent on claiming any and all of it before I take possession.
This is exactly the way it should be. Every edge, side, panel inside and out...every single inch will need to be checked, photographed and documented before the thing even leaves the lot.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I should probably take some extra large water buckets to use to pour over the mic top to test for water tight integrity before accepting from the dealer. :)

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I should probably take some extra large water buckets to use to pour over the mic top to test for water tight integrity before accepting from the dealer. :)
No need. Your dealer has a water hose.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly the way it should be. Every edge, side, panel inside and out...every single inch will need to be checked, photographed and documented before the thing even leaves the lot.
Yup. Anyone that doesn’t give a shit is a fool. Or just lazy. But nothing surprises me these days
Sponsored