AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet they moved them over just moved one (or two, if the orientation is swapped) to the wrong spot. I can recheck mine later today (stuck in meetings for a few hours). The second row back latches look like they would work with the shorter ones even though they should be the longer ones -- maybe one of those? Or, there's another Bronco at your dealer with the opposite issue as yours.
Hardware comes attached. No latches are switched from one to another. Only thing reused is the rear glass window.
Everything is shipped in 1 box. Side glass shipped separately.
Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed C142F984-AC05-4008-892C-B78723B5FF5D
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is Ford going to have a plan in place to sell aftermarket hard tops?!?
We’ve been talking about this for a year now!
I believe Ford has been saying 2023 for a while. I don't see them selling aftermarket hard tops until it is no longer a constraint for new builds.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a major bummer about the bolt alignment. I'm sure they can address that but it will likely be a replacement panel which I'm sure won't be quick delivery. I've got some major issues with my top that I had the dealership mark down. (Coloring, shoddy patch job, delaminating edges, poor cut lines) I have been waiting to claim the warranty on it though until FORD/WEBASTO can prove they are actually producing a better product. No point in filing a warranty claim just to get it replaced with the same shoddy craftsmanship.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hardware comes attached. No latches are switched from one to another. Only thing reused is the rear glass window.
Everything is shipped in 1 box. Side glass shipped separately.
Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed C142F984-AC05-4008-892C-B78723B5FF5D
Only took 2 days to arrive. Ordered Friday morning arrived to dealership Monday afternoon.

I will have it installed tomorrow. Glass company’s 1st availability.

about $8k in parts/shipping. Not sure how much labor is allotted

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update: Yep came shipped that way from factory. Hardware already installed incorrectly.

Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 1649864022935

All dealer did was have glass company install rear quarter windows and put new top on.
The latches on the b pillar are approx 3” while all others are about 3.75”. Good news is dealer still had my old top in shop and not the dumpster. They allowed me to pilfer it for hardware so I have extra latches when/if one breaks(gave the tech a box of my Porsche magazines I subscribe). They had cut up my old top so they can be reimbursed so I couldn’t save any panels. The dealership was generously paid by Ford for their work. A new top is $6k

Last edited:

Sponsored

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a major bummer about the bolt alignment. I'm sure they can address that but it will likely be a replacement panel which I'm sure won't be quick delivery. I've got some major issues with my top that I had the dealership mark down. (Coloring, shoddy patch job, delaminating edges, poor cut lines) I have been waiting to claim the warranty on it though until FORD/WEBASTO can prove they are actually producing a better product. No point in filing a warranty claim just to get it replaced with the same shoddy craftsmanship.
I felt the same way. And was going to keep waiting but I just scratched my front panel. So I figured why not. But looking at the new top the rear cap has bad cut lines. Will install it, document it and warranty it again. I will be curious to see if it shows up again in 2 days

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I felt the same way. And was going to keep waiting but I just scratched my front panel. So I figured why not. But looking at the new top the rear cap has bad cut lines. Will install it, document it and warranty it again. I will be curious to see if it shows up again in 2 days
That's a shame to hear. My biggest gripe right now is that they did an awful job cutting my front panels. They don't meet the a-frame gasket properly so there is a gap which causes wind noise to essentially enter right into the cabin. Thankfully no water infiltration but on the highway.. at the right angle I can feel air. The Ford account on here is a joke. They told me this was a non-warrantable item in a DM and the rep they assigned to me never called like he said he would. I'm fully expecting to have to go to the dealership and raise hell when the time comes.

Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed 725D7B69-FFED-4E68-8D6C-382E2933CBBD
Ford Bronco MIC top version 2 installed B64802A2-933E-4713-A559-4098251B668B

jcwr1313

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I received my replacement top in February. The passenger side rear window (4 door) was put in crooked by the glass shop. One of the plastic covers over the rear hinges was also broken by the glass company. The wind noise from the top above the auxiliary switches was horrible. A lot worse than my original top. The panels did not line up correctly. Dealer ordered new front panels and the rear window was fixed. The new panels came in but did not have the insulation on them. Now waiting for the hinge cover and insulation as everything is on back order. At least the new panels are more quite like my original ones but I still have to stuff a hand towel up there to make it better.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I received my replacement top in February. The passenger side rear window (4 door) was put in crooked by the glass shop. One of the plastic covers over the rear hinges was also broken by the glass company. The wind noise from the top above the auxiliary switches was horrible. A lot worse than my original top. The panels did not line up correctly. Dealer ordered new front panels and the rear window was fixed. The new panels came in but did not have the insulation on them. Now waiting for the hinge cover and insulation as everything is on back order. At least the new panels are more quite like my original ones but I still have to stuff a hand towel up there to make it better.
The new latches are tighter then a bull’s ass. Hopefully will get easier to use as gaskets settle but still remain water tight. Haven’t noticed a difference in wind noise V1 vs V2 but only drove back an forth to dealer less than 10 miles. No rattling yet.

Last edited:

KentuckyFE

First Edition
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 XLT Lariat, 2020 Escape Titanium
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My drivers side latch was too long from the factory. I’m still waiting on my replacement.

Sponsored

tallboy33

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see them selling aftermarket hard tops until it is no longer a constraint for new builds.
Ha Ha. It wouldn't surprise me if they did sell them whenever they feel like it. I mean they build newer orders with hard tops furthering constraints for people waiting but you are right, they shouldn't.

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With this top thing, Ford is loosing money on every Bronco sold but the make up for it in volume. Eventually the chickens will come home to roost. My local dealer has not herd of any problems with the top,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Jeez these MIC tops sound like a pain! If anyone wants to send me theirs, I guess I could take one for the team and trade you for my soft top 😈

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With these issues w the 2.0 I might as well keep my 1.0. Knock on wood mine is fine, I might be worse off if I switch. If I have an issue under my 3 year warranty maybe I'll switch then.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JFC. This is still happening? I was expecting that the quality would start to improve, not decline.

@Ford Motor Company read above and pass up the food chain please.
Sponsored