Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, if they warranty it maybe they'll let you keep that top. Could be a perfect opportunity to experiment with some white paint without fear of ruining everything.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What are you going to do, refuse delivery? Any obvious defects will be covered under warranty regardless if you see them at the dealership or a week later.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you going to do, refuse delivery? Any obvious defects will be covered under warranty regardless if you see them at the dealership or a week later.
You wouldn't believe the shit sales people push past a customer.
That's why they crowd you while you're looking over your ride.
That's why they WON't willingly go to lunch or leave the customer alone.
I've witnessed it happen, for the sole intent of pushiing something past the buyer BEFORE the paperwork is signed.

Also, at the Chicago Auto Show yesterday I noted some pretty rough verticle edges, the trailing edge of the side glass on an FE 2dr they had on display outside. Passenger side.
Drivers side was properly rounded over/radiused/finished.

LadyBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roller skates 🛼
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Delamination is going to be a real concern for those of us with MIC tops.
Non-Pro Tip: Inspect the hell out of your roof before taking delivery and insist on a warranty claim or repair agreement before driving off the lot… and get it in writing!

Last edited:

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet- just picked it up Friday. To be honest didn't notice at delivery. There is probably 15' of that edge and most of it looks good. Just didn't pick it up in the sunlight. Not worried.
So thankful to you early guys for sharing your experiences with these tops.

Think it clearly illustrates why the rest of us need to be patient. Great benefit to guys like you to get your rigs now and get to enjoy some wheeling before those tops become bad issues.

This thread and some others are a real service to the Bronco community. Ford and Wabasto (I guess) can improve their processes with these experiences and posts.

Cheers to you! 🍺

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sharpie should fix that 😄But in all seriousness, that's not ok. And if that's the reason mine is still sitting "in production " at MAP, I'm glad it's still there waiting for a new roof.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Non-Pro Tip: inspect the hell out of your roof before taking delivery and insist a warranty claim or repair for driving off the lot… and get it in writing!
Yes, get it documented and an agreement before taking delivery and driving it off the lot.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe but I'd rather not start out with defects. One reason for my interest in a new vehicle, is to not have the issues and hassles of my older vehicles.

That open hardtop edge near the rear wiper will be trouble over time. Normally I'd pump some clear or black silicone caulk into that edge to seal it - sooner rather than later to keep out water and the elements. But not sure if the owner wants to mess with that given warranty issues.

Ford Bronco MIC Top -Day 2 comments & pics Polish_20210718_153343688

Last edited:

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Non-Pro Tip: Inspect the hell out of your roof before taking delivery and insist on a warranty claim or repair agreement before driving off the lot… and get it in writing!
Yup. There’s no way in hell that material is going to stand up to hot humid Florida weather. I give it a year before it starts coming apart.
Ive seen decent carbon fiber fail in short time. And I wouldn’t rank this up there with those.

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well scrap my hope it was just early deliveries

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sharpie should fix that 😄But in all seriousness, that's not ok. And if that's the reason mine is still sitting "in production " at MAP, I'm glad it's still there waiting for a new roof.
No, that's how Ford designed it... it's supposed to be that way. My dealer told me so.... LOL.