Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are already doing that.
I hear what you're saying, and I have zero inside info. But has Ford even wheeled a "PRODUCTION" Bronco MIC top out of the MAP yard yet? Forget shortage...I'm wondering if a production MIC top even exists.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I hear what you're saying, and I have zero inside info. But has Ford even wheeled a "PRODUCTION" Bronco MIC top out of the MAP yard yet? Forget shortage...I'm wondering if a production MIC top even exists.
Yes, they have hit those targets for this week. Many have been on display in front of MAP and shown on here. The question is what facility are the current tops coming from and how sustainable is that....

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Harvard Business Review article went to print three weeks before the Renesas Naka plant fire in Japan on March 19, 2021. @flip alludes to that catastrophic event in his summary of Andrew Frickā€™s comments below. Andrew Frick is Fordā€™s VP of Sales for US and Canada, and the Naka plant is a wafer fabrication factory which is a critical semiconductor supplier to Ford and other automakers.

A business update was posted on the our dealer website. Frick basically said it wasn't just one supplier causing the problem and things literally change from day to day. Not much detail but there was a lot in the 60 Minutes piece. One would assume the auto industry had contracts to provide X number of a certain semi conductor with X supplier. When 'rona hit the car makers shut down but I don't think any of them said they weren't going to build what was planned. Chip makers switched production to other areas, there was a problem at one supplier that took out some equipment that is one off stuff and here we are.
The Naka factory makes about 30% of the global chip supply for the automotive sector, and the fire caused huge problems for auto makers which were already grappling with the global chip shortage following the pandemic. Ford was especially impacted because only some of its chip supply from that plant is dual source, but much of it is single source.

That fire was obviously bad news for Ford. The good news is that the Naka plant will be back at 50% of capacity this month and back at 100% of capacity by the beginning of July.

More information about the Naka fire (including photos) can be found in this prior post of mine from last week...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-to-be-50-silent-on-bronco.16059/post-582314

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2 cents, I don't think this is really about the chip shortages, it's just a convenient excuse... The math has never really made 100% sense to me, if they've been building sellable Broncos since like the end of March how were they not going to get the 3000+ mannequins done by the middle of May? I think they had some time in their schedule and if they had the parts they would be in good shape to start customer orders earlier than orginially planned but with the commodity shortages this will let the get caught up a bit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GSchmitz

Outer Banks
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 bronco, 06 ram 3500, 2011 fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So confused yesterdays article said no delay due to chip shortage. I give up

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This shutdown may work in favor of early timestamps that were bumped in the first scheduling round. It could allow for some constraints to catch up.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The COVID-19 pandemic exposed some vital flaws in the global economy for the United States.

Back in the day, it all started with cheap toys and then electronics. The markets overseas then flooded the US economy with cheap toys and cheap electronics. It grew to about every part of our economy you can imagine to include our critical health-care products. Everything started to be outsourced overseas because of cheap labor. We all looked the other way because things were cheap.

Here we are today and have to rely on foreign companies to supply the American market. When that doesn't happen, you have huge problems. This should be a valuable lessen for all.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly don't think they'll be much of any delay... I mean are they already making press vehicles/mannequins and had been for a couple weeks? @PREMiERdrum said yesterday that they were about ready to start ramping up and there's still 10 days to go before that shutdown.... Seems to me they may have between 2500-3000 built by then anyways. Bunch of over reactions on here. Lol.
Ford Bronco Michigan Assembly Plant - Two Week Shutdown (May 17 and 24) leopard-cup-chill

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bribed your wife for the video, donā€™t be alarmed when you see the new purse and shoes on your credit card I told her she could buy as payment for the video.
this is oddly specific..

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack