Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dammit, WE'VE BEEN DOUG'd... wonder when they'll catch the post I was typing when they moved us LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great answer. Thanks. Basically makes me compare the Xbox One to the One X. Or PS4 to PS4 pro. Do I really need the extra? Probably not. It's not like he has a 65" 4K tv running @ 120 or 240hz. Hell ONLY my old 60" 1080p TV operates at 120 & 240hz, not my newer 4k's. And he tends to scratch discs, so going discless is probably the way to go, especially if he can use his portable SSD to hold games like his xbox one does.

Thanks for the input.

The rest of you knuckleheads can go back to debating the B&P that we still DON'T have!!
You are the exact consumer for the S that Microsoft is targeting! Yep, you can useless an external hard drive but I’m fairly certain the game has to be installed on the internal SSD to play, I could be wrong. But you can store next gen games downloaded and then transfer them back to the Xbox internal SSD for playing. Or you can buy their expansion card that hooks into the console and gives you 1.5 TB.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

playstation 5 - xbox has no games
oh boy, console warzz

You are the exact consumer for the S that Microsoft is targeting! Yep, you can useless an external hard drive but I’m fairly certain the game has to be installed on the internal SSD to play, I could be wrong. But you can store next gen games downloaded and then transfer them back to the Xbox internal SSD for playing. Or you can buy their expansion card that hooks into the console and gives you 1.5 TB.
I can't see why they'd change it. Games can be installed on and played from the external on Xbox One.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
playstation 5 - xbox has no games
Okay. If you want to argue about plastic boxes, there’s plenty of other forums with 12 year olds you can talk to about that.

I am also buying a PS5 but it won’t be announced until tomorrow when it’s most likely ready for order and it’s price.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oh boy, console warzz

I can't see why they'd change it. Games can be installed on and played from the external on Xbox One.
I haven’t seen clarification but i imagine you’re right. I just didn’t want to claim something i didn’t know.

OP
OP
Bronco4lyfe85

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t think my comment would blow up like that lol.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I'm in... I'm old but I do enjoy a little COD Warzone with the fellas after everyone has gone to bed.

I have a couple racing games but am saving for a simulator set up to put my steering wheel and pedals on.

Sponsored

BroncoActual

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s too early to say tbh. I’ve seen early concerns from developers about how it will hold back next gen but that doesn’t affect the console in anyway. It’s discless meaning all downloads and it only has 512mb memory SSD, although expandable another 1TB same way the Series X is. As long as you don’t need 10 games installed a time it isn’t really an issue.

CPU wise they’re identical architecture but slightly downclocked on the Series S. GPU wise is where you’ll see the difference as the X is roughly 3 times more powerful. Now with that said, resolution is one of the biggest factors on performance. So Microsoft knowing this designed the S to be able to handle next gen games with the same assets but at a non-4K resolution (1440P). They’ve claimed they have built the tools to make the games easily scalable across the 2 consoles. Theoretically you’ll be getting the same game at a lower resolution. They say hardware accelerated ray tracing but I don’t know if I buy that console being able to do that in real time. It’ll affect things like anisotropic filtering (clarity of images) and Anti-aliasing (jagged edges)

One thing to keep in mind they tout 120FPS (not likely on 99.8% of games) and I’ve seen it running the new Gears 5 upgraded multiplayer at that refresh rate. They tout 1440P and 4K across the 2 consoles. Some games will hit this, some games will be weird resolutions in between but it will at least be 1080P. The S has a hardware scaler so it will upscale to 4K on a 4K TV and it will do HDR, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, same as the X.

If Microsoft did their homework and did indeed build the tools they are talking about it’s a great console. $300 for a next gen system is awesome and if you’re not concerned with the very best of the best and 4K etc then it’s a great choice tbh.

I saw someone else mention the new 4K stuff, that doesn’t matter. HDMI 2.1 brings with it some new upgrades not found on older TVs.

VRR: variable refresh rate - Smoother gameplay from screen tearing for games that aren’t locked FPS.

ALLM- Auto Low Latency mode. Basically input lag for your TV.

120FPS games- meh. Who cares? How many games will offer this? 5? 10? Arcade games?

Are these things nice? Yes. Are they needed? We’ve been playing video games for 30 years without it so you won’t suddenly have massive issues without them. But if you do want a 4K TV, then yes look for one with HDMI 2.1

So basically if you care about HDMI 2.1 and 4K, buy the X

If you just want to play the next gen games on a regular TV or even a 4K TV but aren’t concerned with the best of the best, buy the S and spend the $200 on an extra controller and 2-3 games.
Good points. I think Dave2D also put out some good points/considerations for the S

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a couple racing games but am saving for a simulator set up to put my steering wheel and pedals on.
I have a wheel and pedal set-up... I'm faster using a controller, but the wheel definitely adds to the fun factor.

Ford Bronco Microsoft Xbox talk 20200215_185343