First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Yellorange Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A crossbar for the windshield that can be used for long items with rear crossbars. I don't want any rails from front to back.
Screenshot 2024-05-13 081325.png
Obviously that comes up a lot but the only options available tie into rigidly-mounted racks in the rear.

I suspect that during testing of any such product there's some forward/rearward movement of the windshield frame that results in cracked glass. It's the only reason I can think of that nobody has come to market with a standalone windshield load bar.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously that comes up a lot but the only options available tie into rigidly-mounted racks in the rear.

I suspect that during testing of any such product there's some forward/rearward movement of the windshield frame that results in cracked glass. It's the only reason I can think of that nobody has come to market with a standalone windshield load bar.
That could be the case. The windshield frame is tied into the rollbar. Securing the load properly would tie the front rack into the rear rack. Is the rear rack so rigid? There is a lot of flex in the body and the MIC top. If the windshield frame is so week, I would think a full rack would break the windshield with all of this movement.

lalnx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan, Rav4, had a 76 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A top like this
Ford Bronco Missing Accessories / Parts in Bronco Aftermarket? 1715616331719-f

that folds down like this.
Ford Bronco Missing Accessories / Parts in Bronco Aftermarket? 1715615404025-r2

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That could be the case. The windshield frame is tied into the rollbar. Securing the load properly would tie the front rack into the rear rack. Is the rear rack so rigid? There is a lot of flex in the body and the MIC top. If the windshield frame is so week, I would think a full rack would break the windshield with all of this movement.
I don't think it's the frame necessarily, but the mounting studs. They're not super integrated with the frame and have been known to snap off. Even when tightening nuts down on them, you have to use a pretty low torque setting. I wouldn't trust those to carry any kind of load on their own.

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the idea of this thread and would like to also give some wish list ideas to the vendors that support the B6G forum:

@TrailRax : fishing rod holders that mount on the underside of the crossbars. Great use of space while still keeping the top surface completely useable, and allowing the wind deflector to protect the rods

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As with many folks on B6G, I love looking for that next modification for my Bronco. Thankfully the aftermarket world has come up with lots of amazing accessories, but it got me thinking: What's missing? What are some items that you'd like to see as an interior or exterior modification/accessory that nobody is currently making? This could be a completely new idea, or a rendition of something already on the market that doesn't 100% suite your needs. There may be some ideas posted which are on the market that you haven't seen, which I'm sure someone will share a link to in order to help you out.

Hoping we come up with some good ones, as there's lots of great vendors on B6G who may be watching this for ideas.

I'll get us started:

I feel like the trail sights on the front of the Bronco are under-utilized. Yes, there's some aftermarket accessories available, but not a lot. Maybe a GoPro camera mount or some additional AUX light options would be cool. Even something silly like a small detachable table which could be helpful while camping and standing around the Bronco.

Let's hear your ideas!
I think these guys are still selling these:

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the idea of this thread and would like to also give some wish list ideas to the vendors that support the B6G forum:

@TrailRax : fishing rod holders that mount on the underside of the crossbars. Great use of space while still keeping the top surface completely useable, and allowing the wind deflector to protect the rods
Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the suggestion! As you know there are many different fishing rod sizes, so making a universal rod holder that fits under the rack might be hard. Also, there is only so much height and length for the holder to fit under rack. We could look into making a fishing rod holder, but it may only be able to mount on the top of the rack or on the side of the rack. What are the dimensions of the fishing rod you are looking to mount? Do you plan to have the fishing reel attached when in transport?

Thanks,

Sponsored

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for the suggestion! As you know there are many different fishing rod sizes, so making a universal rod holder that fits under the rack might be hard. Also, there is only so much height and length for the holder to fit under rack. We could look into making a fishing rod holder, but it may only be able to mount on the top of the rack or on the side of the rack. What are the dimensions of the fishing rod you are looking to mount? Do you plan to have the fishing reel attached when in transport?

Thanks,
Another reason I love this community! Appreciate the response. I’ve got rods that range from 6-7 feet. Understand the concerns. I’m envisioning hands mounted toward the front something as simple as lashing points and foam padding so it can be some what universal. Some rods may stick out a bit. On my last fishing trip I ended up keeping them inside the bronco, but threw them under the rack just to see if they’d fit. Owners fault if they open the glass hatch and break a tip. Do you guys sell t-slot lash rings? A lot of diy options for that as well.
Thanks again!

HoosierSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Another reason I love this community! Appreciate the response. I’ve got rods that range from 6-7 feet. Understand the concerns. I’m envisioning hands mounted toward the front something as simple as lashing points and foam padding so it can be some what universal. Some rods may stick out a bit. On my last fishing trip I ended up keeping them inside the bronco, but threw them under the rack just to see if they’d fit. Owners fault if they open the glass hatch and break a tip. Do you guys sell t-slot lash rings? A lot of diy options for that as well.
Thanks again!
I recognize for folks running a RTT that it might not be as accessible, but I currently don’t and have plans for a couple of kayaks.

OBXBRONCO

Wildtrak
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'll second the front receiver hitch. got mine from xrack.us before my Bronco ever got here.

Ford Bronco Missing Accessories / Parts in Bronco Aftermarket? 20240420_102635

Ford Bronco Missing Accessories / Parts in Bronco Aftermarket? 20240309_155854

Last edited:

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd like to see a kit that used the useless rear wiper motor to drive an opener for the tail gate window. Even if to was just a couple inches. Air flow in a 2Dr kinda sucks. Or something like that for the side windows.. Great way to dump hot air and help cut the air from the B Pillar pounding on the side of my head.
The wiper motor doesn’t move the wiper that well?

ohp138

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Low profile sun visors. Maybe they're already out there somewhere, but I haven't found them.
Sponsored