J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the $600 one have the holes drilled out properly for a complete plug and play installation?
The eBay one I used around that price point had sensor holes. I had to plug them.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered one without sensor holes and the sensor retainer kit from Metalcloak. Gonna drill it next weekend and I can report back.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

And, as others have mentioned, the $600 bumper has the bar across the top and the $325 has the entire end removable. I really don't care as I don't plan on ever removing the ends. In fact, the only reason I want the modular bumper is to be able to add a brush guard and that is the only combo I like.

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

And, as others have mentioned, the $600 bumper has the bar across the top and the $325 has the entire end removable. I really don't care as I don't plan on ever removing the ends. In fact, the only reason I want the modular bumper is to be able to add a brush guard and that is the only combo I like.
Ha I ordered the brush guard too so I’ll make sure to share the final product.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered the $325 modulat on Tuesday and received it today. Shipped from an Elkton, Md address to Lewes, De much quicker than the promised 11/6-11/8.

Box, packaging and packing was very well done and no shipping damage or scratches. Just plastic rub marks from the bubble wrap and plastic fascia covers for the mounting bolts.

My only grip was no parts lists or schematics, instructions or shipping invoice.

Here’s some pics of the unwrapping. Ship Wgt was 78lbs and it had a solid feel and heft.

Casting, Machining and Finishing looks great so far. Sorted all the Bolts, Nuts and Washers with the count matching up but with no parts list, still not totally sure.

Assembly will be next weekend.

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0837
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0838
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0839
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0840
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0843
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of IMG_0841

Last edited:

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered the $325 modulat on Tuesday and received it today. Shipped from an Elkton, Md address to Lewes, De much quicker than the promised 11/6-11/8.

Box, packaging and packing was very well done and no shipping damage or scratches. Just plastic rub marks from the bubble wrap and plastic fascia covers for the mounting bolts.

My only grip was no parts lists or schematics, instructions or shipping invoice.

Here’s some pics of the unwrapping. Ship Wgt was 78lbs and it had a solid feel and heft.

Casting, Machining and Finishing looks great so far. Sorted all the Bolts, Nuts and Washers with the count matching up but with no parts list, still not totally sure.

Assembly will be next weekend.

@LowerSlowerDelaware does it feel like oem quality? I'm debating on getting this one because I don't have sensors.

Sponsored

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know if these companies are making metal "oem" rear bumpers?

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@LowerSlowerDelaware does it feel like oem quality? I'm debating on getting this one because I don't have sensors.
For $325, this is one heavy bumper and tow hooks. As mentioned, Casting and Finishing was good with no noticeable QC issues.

As for comparing to Ford OEM and More Expensive Chinesium OEM copies, I think it should hold it's own against them.

The end cap difference is about the only real oddity but it appears to have all the correct OEM Bolts & Holes for bull and grill bars.

Since I have a base, the sensors or camera harnesses aren't an issue for me.

I'll post more when I mount it on the truck next week.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, the Ebay vendor, @Lucksports-Mall has been very responsive.

No Install Instructions or Parts List/Schematics included with their bumper so they gave me a $35 credit on the bumper.

So for you guys shopping, you can get them for $290 & Free Shipping.

This same bumper is being sold by other vendors for the same price point of $325 and higher.

If anybody else has put one of this style together, I have a few questions if you would be willing to help.

Other wise, hopefully it should mount similar to the OEM except for the end caps.

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, the Ebay vendor, @Lucksports-Mall has been very responsive.

No Install Instructions or Parts List/Schematics included with their bumper so they gave me a $35 credit on the bumper.

So for you guys shopping, you can get them for $290 & Free Shipping.

This same bumper is being sold by other vendors for the same price point of $325 and higher.

If anybody else has put one of this style together, I have a few questions if you would be willing to help.

Other wise, hopefully it should mount similar to the OEM except for the end caps.
@LowerSlowerDelaware Did you install it yet? Pics? Thanks!

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know what these brackets are (circled with the yellow hi-light)? Some of the knock offs don't show it as coming with and some do.

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of 1699882309543

Sponsored

JR23

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone know what these brackets are (circled with the yellow hi-light)? Some of the knock offs don't show it as coming with and some do.

Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of 1699882309543
They are the brackets that slot in behind the frame where the bumper mounts. My knock off came with them, but the brackets are already in place from whatever bumper you removed (standard in my case) and those extra brackets just went in my parts bin.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are the brackets that slot in behind the frame where the bumper mounts. My knock off came with them, but the brackets are already in place from whatever bumper you removed (standard in my case) and those extra brackets just went in my parts bin.
That's what I was guessing they were, thanks for confirming!

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Got it done. Couple notes-

If you unplug the sensor harness you will get an error every time you put the car in drive. Work around, leave it plugged in, snake it up engine bay, then disable front sensors in the infotainment. I did this for a week or so before I drilled the bumper.

Disclaimer- I work in IT, not with cars, this is just my experience and I’m sure there are better ways.

This bit worked perfectly, I tried three and this was effortless. https://a.co/d/8AdrgAw

These are the sensor holders I bought.
https://metalcloak.com/bronco-rear-bumper-sensor-retainer-kit.html

I drilled 4 holes looking up where they are on the factory bumper. Then masked off the holes and sprayed paint from the inside of the bumper to hopefully avoid future rust. 1 hole was barely larger and the bracket moved around, used a tiny bit of glue and we were set.

Honestly took about 45 minutes outside of paint and glue drying. Now I’ve got a modular bumper with sensors for less than $400.

If anyone has questions feel free to reach out.

IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got it done. Couple notes-

If you unplug the sensor harness you will get an error every time you put the car in drive. Work around, leave it plugged in, snake it up engine bay, then disable front sensors in the infotainment. I did this for a week or so before I drilled the bumper.

Disclaimer- I work in IT, not with cars, this is just my experience and I’m sure there are better ways.

This bit worked perfectly, I tried three and this was effortless. https://a.co/d/8AdrgAw

These are the sensor holders I bought.
https://metalcloak.com/bronco-rear-bumper-sensor-retainer-kit.html

I drilled 4 holes looking up where they are on the factory bumper. Then masked off the holes and sprayed paint from the inside of the bumper to hopefully avoid future rust. 1 hole was barely larger and the bracket moved around, used a tiny bit of glue and we were set.

Honestly took about 45 minutes outside of paint and glue drying. Now I’ve got a modular bumper with sensors for less than $400.

If anyone has questions feel free to reach out.

IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
Thank you for the follow up on that, without a mind, I will probably order soon!

Retired Guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can someone provide the link for the EBAY version that has the sensor holes. Thanks.
Sponsored