Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe has been discussed in this thread, but do the base plastic bumpers need the tow hooks cut off and does this new bumper have the new mounting plates for those locations?

Thanks
Sponsored

Retired Guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe has been discussed in this thread, but do the base plastic bumpers need the tow hooks cut off and does this new bumper have the new mounting plates for those locations?

Thanks
I believe you do need to cut off the tow hooks.

Reactions: Jb7

Brouha

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks
you can either cut the hoops off or order the brackets that come with when the modular bumper is ordered from the factory. Those part nos. are MB3Z6G079A and MB3Z6G079B. Personally, I went with the latter. They're easy to swap out and I kept the originals in case there's ever a reason I need to swap back to the plastic bumper.

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you mount Ford factory bull bar guard on the cheaper $325 bumper or do you need the $600 one with solid top all the way across

Also I’m currently out of town but pretty sure my mid package bronco does not have front sensors, just rear sensors in rear bumper, is that correct?

Last edited:

Sponsored

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Got it done. Couple notes-

If you unplug the sensor harness you will get an error every time you put the car in drive. Work around, leave it plugged in, snake it up engine bay, then disable front sensors in the infotainment. I did this for a week or so before I drilled the bumper.

Disclaimer- I work in IT, not with cars, this is just my experience and I’m sure there are better ways.

This bit worked perfectly, I tried three and this was effortless. https://a.co/d/8AdrgAw

These are the sensor holders I bought.
https://metalcloak.com/bronco-rear-bumper-sensor-retainer-kit.html

I drilled 4 holes looking up where they are on the factory bumper. Then masked off the holes and sprayed paint from the inside of the bumper to hopefully avoid future rust. 1 hole was barely larger and the bracket moved around, used a tiny bit of glue and we were set.

Honestly took about 45 minutes outside of paint and glue drying. Now I’ve got a modular bumper with sensors for less than $400.

If anyone has questions feel free to reach out.

IMG_1606.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
Nice .... hey did you guesstimate where to drill for the sensors or did you have some kind of a template for it?

ChaseG

Outer Banks
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice .... hey did you guesstimate where to drill for the sensors or did you have some kind of a template for it?
Frankly I guesstimated. Haha There wasn’t any good reference points.

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know what this part is?
Ford Bronco Modular Front Bumper Option....sort of 1000005842

Charlie2021

Base
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr, 7 speeds
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone in the Bay Area want to order them from Alibaba together?
I have been messaging the seller on Alibaba directly, the bumper cost around $300, and shipping cost another $280 for one unit, about $180 for 2 unit

If we can find maybe 3-5 buyer in the bay area, i am sure we can drop the shipping for much lower price

Please PM me

Charlie2021

Base
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2dr, 7 speeds
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone in the Bay Area want to order them from Alibaba together?
I have been messaging the seller on Alibaba directly, the bumper cost around $300, and shipping cost another $280 for one unit, about $180 for 2 unit

If we can find maybe 3-5 buyer in the bay area, i am sure we can drop the shipping for much lower price

Please PM me

You can also reply to my "local asking around" post
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/do-you-want-to-buy-a-modular-bumper.85805/

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve been looking at getting one of these for quite a while now. About to pull the trigger, but I have one question—likely a dumb one. Surely this won’t affect the functionality of the airbags by restricting access to the airbag sensors? Can someone please ease my mind on this one 😅

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am looking at the eBay $325 version. I have the plastic with the fogs is it possible to mount the existing fogs?