Sponsored

More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Interesting you felt Jeep materials were higher grade. I have not felt a current generation Jeep, but a neighbor has some sort of jeep and that thing feels roached out with Chernobyl-grade plastics and switchgear from Home Depot (sorry, to me all 9 generations of nearly identical Jeeps, I can't tell them apart). She bought it new within the past 7-8 years)
She most likely has a JK/JKU which is 07-18 with refresh in 12-13. My JKU interior feels and looks like it was designed in 07. My JLU interior which is also a base model feels and looks much better. Still feels utilitarian in a way but I like that feeling about both the JKU and the JLU. To be fair though I wheel my JKU harder than I think most people do for a base model and the interior is now 6 years old and has 110k on it and when I clean it, it looks just like the day it rolled of the lot with little to no wear on the plastic other than scratches which I have put in it. I hope that the Bronco forces Jeep to step up there game some more and I'm excited to finally see some out on the trails and maybe sit in on first hand rather than just being a keyboard warrior with no hands on experience of the competition.
Sponsored

JBoi-ET

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC AT4/ Expy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are people comparing a $50k Bronco interior quality to a $50k Wrangler or a $50k BMW X3 or Mercedes GLC300?
We can compare it to my wife's $40K Kia and there is no comparison, Kia is far better and I never thought I would say that. I wouldn't say the interior of the GLC300 is that great either as my wife chose her 2020 Kia over the newly redesigned 2020 GLE350 and older 2019 GLS450. Almost 2 years later and the interior still looks new with two kids.

mattyzx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, I'm starting to second guess my purchase. Lots of reports of cheap quality interior materials... My Bronco build is more expensive than a mid level Defender 90. While it could be argued the Defender is not as capable, I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting what I'm paying for....

I know, I know, it's all about the capability and they are not directed towards the same consumers, but I really don't want to be paying 70k for Ford Escape quality materials... maybe I expected too much...

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I'm starting to second guess my purchase. Lots of reports of cheap quality interior materials... My Bronco build is more expensive than a mid level Defender 90. While it could be argued the Defender is not as capable, I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting what I'm paying for....

I know, I know, it's all about the capability and they are not directed towards the same consumers, but I really don't want to be paying 70k for Ford Escape quality materials... maybe I expected too much...
Completely understand. I also saw the 70k number and was confused until i saw you are in Canada.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Noticing your cup holder photo - does it have inserts that can be removed for cleaning? With the textured bottom, they will become filth magnets unless the insert can be removed and washed.
1. Never seen a newer Ford w/o liners, but I’ve been wrong before.
2. Yup. If ya look at the right hand cup holder, there is a pull tab at the bottom of the cup. The liner isn’t a full cup design, but those tend to stick to large mugs.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

That’s a bit unreasonable, your more concerned about material quality over off-road capability. You are searching the wrong segment of vehicles.

You may get Ford Escape quality materials on the Bronco but you get Ford Escape off-road ability with the Defender. I see no way possible to compare a BoF SUV to a unibody crossover on off-road capability.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take out the "small outside footprint" and I think it's totally doable. A car doesn't have to feel cheap or compact to be rugged. Just look at the Land Cruiser or the Defender. I'm sure Ford was deliberate in their design of the interior space so I'm good with whatever it is. I'm not expecting it to be like a full-size truck. But, I also don't think there is anything wrong with providing a premium interior with premium materials if people are willing to pay for it.

In this case, I think Steve Jobs said it best when referring to the whole Foxconn debacle. He said that people couldn't afford an iPhone if it were made in America. And, he's right. Our manufacturers aren't set up to provide a high level of quality at a realistic price point.

I suppose another factor could be that Ford's primary market isn't the BFL consumer. Although I don't have any data to back it up. A quick glance on the forums suggests that quite a few members rotate cars quite frequently and have several cars at a time So maybe the big three tend to focus less towards long term ownership.
looks like your two examples are cars that are $20K more? Doesn't seem a fair comparison, but maybe I am just confused once again.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I for one never asked for a "plush inside" interior, I think what people don't understand, some of just don't want:
  1. A cheap plastic dash that cracks in a few years.
  2. A cheap leather covered steering wheel, if it even has one, don't care, that does not fall apart in a few years.
  3. Seats that don't sag when new, as we have seen in many of the photos.
We don't know if the dash will crack, that is supposition, without any actual information.
We don't know that it will have issues in a couple years either.
The seats are sagging, they appear to be not perfectly fitted to the contours.

So it seems, we are complaining about things that haven't occurred yet? I mean, what is the expectation from Ford on this? If they spruced up the interior to match the more upscale brands, all we would hear is about the outrageous price. Its a great value for its intended purpose, and what it is competing against. I mean, the Wrangler both the JK which I have and the JL my friend has is nothing special, its all plastic.

Lots of folks want it for the "rugged" nostalgia factor, without the rugged. smile

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lucky you on getting to see them in person!! I'm scheduled to see them April 24th at an event in the Chicagoland area, so I'm excited!! I ordered a Big Bend Velocity Blue 4DR from Granger!!
Where is the event in the Chicago area? Thanks

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're going Base, it's one hell of a deal. There is an argument to be made that the Base Bronco, no-cost-options rig at $28K is possibly the most compelling and capable new vehicle available under $30K in any class by any OEM.
Agreed. When I look at it critically, I'm not really getting all that much more in my $48k BD. At least not $20k more. Of course, if many of us weren't buying the $48k+ models, Ford wouldn't be able to afford to sell a $28k model anyway. 🤷‍♂️

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NGL, I am beginning to feel the same way. Compound the fact that the wait and delays have diluted my excitement.
I will be at a preview event this coming Saturday. I hope it assuages my fears, however, if I leave feeling disappointed, I may have to pull the plug on my order. iGuess we will see.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seats that don't sag when new, as we have seen in many of the photos.
Welcome to automotive "leather" in this price class. Which is why I'm thrilled Ford is offering MGV. I don't want fart-collecting cloth and I don't want saggy leather. MGV FTW.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Where is the event in the Chicago area? Thanks
Its in a parking lot at 18W200 Butterfield Rd Villa Park 60181! It's titled "Chicago West." I googled the address and it shows a random building and it says its Oak Brook versus Villa Park. I think they were scheduled for several days around April 23rd. I have my reservation on April 24th. I know there's a thread on the forum, around March 19th, where everyone is talking about the events! I believe there's one indoors in Tinley Park.
Sponsored