Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes yesterday I received a reply from the main guy at Morimoto

"...the aiming range issue has been fully rectified without any bandaids on the 2nd production run, and we’ve also dialed in the aging process for the RGB DRL, which has had its fair share of issues on the first batch too."

"As always, we’re glad to take care of any customers with either replacements or an exchange, should they have an issue with a light they purchased from us."
Thank you for this. Is there a way to tell which "batch" we receive when we purchase? I am waiting on a set (I know, did not order from you guys....) and just wondering if there is a version number or something that can tell us if we get the "revised" ones?
Sponsored

Bosshog_tundra

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a warning about these headlights before purchase/trade in. I bought them and had them installed for about a week before the color ring started having a noticeable spot where the RGB ring has partially failed. I hate it, because I love the actual headlights, but it looks cheap/odd to have one green or blue spot when you are driving around.

I reached out to Morimoto about the issue on the 6th of March and, initially, they informed me that they would help me get it replaced under warranty, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to rectify the issue (7 days since they sent me an email telling me that they respond to emails in the order received). Given the difficulty other forum members have also mentioned in getting Morimoto to respond to emails, I thought I should mention it.

When they first responded, they said I would have to buy a new headlight outright to replace the one that has issues, and then they would refund me once the unit with the problem was returned. Not sure why I would have to pay for a second unit since the first failed so quickly (Why not just charge me if the unit has not been returned in 15 days) but that's the way it is.

Given that one of the units had issues in less than 7 days/400 miles (one smooth highway trip to the beach and a few trips to food lion), and the customer service is so slow, I'm not really comfortable giving up my old headlights in case one of the units fails completely, and I have to replace it quickly.

Anyway, food for thought. I hope that the actual headlights prove to be durable over the long term. That said, this initial failure, and the experience so far with Morimoto customer service for the warranty claim isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Capture.PNG

Green Spot 2.png
Blue Dot.PNG
I’ve had the same problems with these head lights and mo
Just a warning about these headlights before purchase/trade in. I bought them and had them installed for about a week before the color ring started having a noticeable spot where the RGB ring has partially failed. I hate it, because I love the actual headlights, but it looks cheap/odd to have one green or blue spot when you are driving around.

I reached out to Morimoto about the issue on the 6th of March and, initially, they informed me that they would help me get it replaced under warranty, but they don't seem to be in a hurry to rectify the issue (7 days since they sent me an email telling me that they respond to emails in the order received). Given the difficulty other forum members have also mentioned in getting Morimoto to respond to emails, I thought I should mention it.

When they first responded, they said I would have to buy a new headlight outright to replace the one that has issues, and then they would refund me once the unit with the problem was returned. Not sure why I would have to pay for a second unit since the first failed so quickly (Why not just charge me if the unit has not been returned in 15 days) but that's the way it is.

Given that one of the units had issues in less than 7 days/400 miles (one smooth highway trip to the beach and a few trips to food lion), and the customer service is so slow, I'm not really comfortable giving up my old headlights in case one of the units fails completely, and I have to replace it quickly.

Anyway, food for thought. I hope that the actual headlights prove to be durable over the long term. That said, this initial failure, and the experience so far with Morimoto customer service for the warranty claim isn't giving me the warm and fuzzies.

Capture.PNG

Green Spot 2.png
Blue Dot.PNG

Capture.PNG

Green Spot 2.png
Blue Dot.PNG
I have the exact same problem with my drivers side headlight Morimoto sent a replacement and the replacement has the same issue as for Morimoto’s customer service it’s shit took me 2 weeks of calling every day being placed on hold for an hour just for someone to pick up and hang up the phone finally I got someone one the phone and raised hell to speak with a manager. I’ve just received my 2nd replacement headlight so here’s to hoping this one is going to work 🤞

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you are having issues please EMAIL [email protected] - This will generate a case # and we can use this case # to track your case if time goes by and you don't hear anything.

I've personally never had issues with the Morimotos though. We just installed a set yesterday without issues.

Morimoto did confirm when they first released them they DID test them on a lifted truck (sasquatch) so that might be why some folks are experiencing alignment issues. But if you use the included spacer you shouldn't have issues.

I can tell you on the set we installed yesterday we had a REALLY broad range to go up and down with the lights, regardless of the spacer so im not 100% sure why folks might be having issues.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m Sasquatch with eibach springs and mines way low. I finally talked to a human and he redirected me to tech support and no joke I’m literally on hold right now as I type this. 28 min mark on hold. Ridiculous.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m Sasquatch with eibach springs and mines way low. I finally talked to a human and he redirected me to tech support and no joke I’m literally on hold right now as I type this. 28 min mark on hold. Ridiculous.
You just have to turn the adjustment screw and it'll raise.

I literally installed a set of these on a sasquatch'd truck yesterday without any issues what so ever. I did use the spacers for good measure since they were in the kit.

His truck measured 41.5" from the floor to the center of his low beam (which is the TOP led projector).

I marked this on the wall, no issues.

In reality you SHOULD mark 2" below so i SHOULD have marked it 39.5" but that's just a personal preference. I usually like to mark 2" below on trucks since you'll be sitting higher then cars and the cars appreciate it.

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I turned the adjuster it just pops and goes back down. I marked on my fence where the factory lights were at the first night I installed them. Currently at the 34 min mark now on hold.​
go back and read my previous comments. They are installed and adjusted properly, the passenger sidehas gotta be bad​

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I turned the adjuster it just pops and goes back down. I marked on my fence where the factory lights were at the first night I installed them. Currently at the 34 min mark now on hold.​
Don't use your factory lights to compare... you have to measure.

How far from the ground to the top of the light output on your fance... is the light. what's the measurement. If it's anything over 41" or so you are too high which is why it's "popping" you need to adjust the lights properly.

Also HOW FAR away from the fence are you.

We do between 20-25' from our garage door in our shop and we're on level ground

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m 25’ away from the fence. I tried adjusting the drivers down to match the passenger light and it’s way too low to drive at night. Driver is perfect just not the passenger. Same issue other people are having. At 40 min now I’m about to hang up I guess.

so you know I’m It a bull shitter.
Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights IMG_1066

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m 25’ away from the fence. I tried adjusting the drivers down to match the passenger light and it’s way too low to drive at night. Driver is perfect just not the passenger. Same issue other people are having. At 40 min now I’m about to hang up I guess.
Again you don't just turn lights to match the other side. You MUST align them properly. Proper alignment is as follows:

Park 20-25' from a wall (25' is better) on level ground.
Measure from the ground to the center point of your low beam (which is the TOP led projector).
Subtract 2" from this # and make a mark on the wall for both passenger and driver side for this #.

Now align the lights so that the very top of the beam touches that mark for both sides.

Here is a shot of us doing this yesterday for a customers truck

This is when we first installed them (the tape on the wall was from another truck). See where the beam pattern landed without adjusting them. We're basically right above the seam on the first garage door panel.

Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights 1683141678670

Then after measuring (we got 41.5") and marking the door, we were able to adjust them up. That's a pretty good amount of adjustment we got here

Ford Bronco MORIMOTO XRGB HEADLIGHTS | Photos/Video of these new headlights 1683141736258

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I appreciate you trying to help I really do but I think mine have a issue. If the factory lights put out more light down the road then these lights do after I adjusting the drivers down to meet the passenger height then why would anyone even want these if you have a harder time seeing at night with them due to being aimed so low to the ground.

I hung up and called back. Pressed 0 and got the same guy he said he was sorry for putting me on hold for so long and took my number to have someone call me back. Will see if anyone calls.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate you trying to help I really do but I think mine have a issue. If the factory lights put out more light down the road then these lights do after I adjusting the drivers down to meet the passenger height then why would anyone even want these if you have a harder time seeing at night with them due to being aimed so low to the ground.

I hung up and called back. Pressed 0 and got the same guy he said he was sorry for putting me on hold for so long and took my number to have someone call me back. Will see if anyone calls.
What is the measurement from the ground to the center point of your low beam (top light) (the morimotos).

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
I knew about the passenger height issue when I installed mine. So I used the provided spacer (didn't need it on the driver side), and before tightening down any bolts, I pushed the top way forward, and the bottom one all the way up. Don't think there is much play but there is some and thought I'd use all the play I can get.

After that I turned the adjuststment screw all the way to the max and got the passenger side match the driver side. I don't have access to a flat space with a wall at 25ft so I just taped where the stock headlights were pointing at my parents garage door and used that as a guide.

Been super happy with the lights and hope everyone gets theirs all squared away. (y)

The tape is still stuck on my parents garage door and every time I visit the lights still match up and I chuckle a bit. :D

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just keep you updated. Someone from Morimoto just called me back and is going to send me a replacement passenger light.
You guys are making me want to reach back out to Morimoto. I do love the lights, but have had same issue with passenger side not going high enough. After getting a replacement set a couple months back, same issue I decided to just live with it. Now I'm wondering if I've been through (2) sets of the first run lights and if it's worth it to try again.
Sponsored