Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

gotcha, was confused

on their site it looks like you have to pay extra for the mounting bracket and you need their MOLLE panels too? Man the cost is adding up quick.
Yep MOLLE is separate. If you're debating, start with one or the other and see if that meets your needs.

Thanks for your Service.
Sponsored

HarmCityHammer

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice looking product… around 1k though, all said and done? That’s steep.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To clear up any confusion, upper molle, lower molle and the cargo tray are all optional, you can mix and match any combination of the 3. They all use a common mounting bracket so you only need to choose that option once. I’ve been testing the pre-production version of this tray for several months and as long as you tighten it all good, there are 0 rattles. It’s also pretty amazing how much space u get back when the tray is flipped up for hauling larger items.

8787B579-DC8D-4492-9BFC-D2D05E9EC565.jpeg

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you follow the link to the product there are additional pics... It does not go all the way back.
Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos 8787B579-DC8D-4492-9BFC-D2D05E9EC565
This is my camping setup. Flipping up the tray gives access to open the cooler. There’s still room to sleep on my deep sleep mattress, and I have my fan/light and Bluetooth speaker all strapped in

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you had a large pelican-type case or cooler under the tray, could a would be thief flip up the tray and take it?

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are the dimensions of the tray itself? Maybe I just missed it on the website.

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice looking product… around 1k though, all said and done? That’s steep.
The tray and supports are $367.28. Not sure what else you're adding to get to $1K?

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you had a large pelican-type case or cooler under the tray, could a would be thief flip up the tray and take it?
It's a tray, not an enclosure of any kind. It also doesn't cover the entire cargo opening. Definitely not meant to be a security device. It's a solid and versatile cargo tray.

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a tray, not an enclosure of any kind. It also doesn't cover the entire cargo opening. Definitely not meant to be a security device. It's a solid and versatile cargo tray.
Thanks, my thinking though is that if I had a locked case that was too big to get out with the tray over it, it would almost work as a security device.

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When flipped up do you have the entire cargo area available as if there was no shelf installed? Frequently travel with large dog box, if I were to flip up the shelf is there the full depth of the cargo space to the rear seat backs?

thanks

Sponsored
OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When flipped up do you have the entire cargo area available as if there was no shelf installed? Frequently travel with large dog box, if I were to flip up the shelf is there the full depth of the cargo space to the rear seat backs?

thanks
When it's flipped up, it's vertical and almost in line with the rear of the back seat. You would recover all but an 1" or so of your cargo area.

OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, my thinking though is that if I had a locked case that was too big to get out with the tray over it, it would almost work as a security device.
I wouldn't agree. It may be a deterrent, but if they can get to your case, they can flip the tray up vertically and pull the case right out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
0321_Bronco

0321_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

thanks
Yes, less the thickness of the shelf.

Dusmw

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250/Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfect thank you!

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this one is a real easy way to gain some extra space in back up and off the floor. @Mountains2Metal makes some very high quality stuff. Their fit and finish is top notch and I've been very satisfied with their parts and even more so with their customer service. Nick is hyper-responsive, and after this last purchase, they followed up to check on the part, delivery, etc. As you know, I'd tell you otherwise :)

So their Rear Cargo Tray for the 4D is here M2M Rear Cargo Tray. The install could not be easier on either the HT or ST. This is more of a show-n-tell than an install thread. But, I wanted you all to see what it looks like and how easy it goes in.

Remove the two plastic panels on either side, install their primary mounting bracket (this also gives you the option to mount their rear MOLLE panels now, or later).

Ford Bronco Mountains 2 Metal Rear Interior Cargo Tray Install & Photos 8787B579-DC8D-4492-9BFC-D2D05E9EC565

Their brackets (2):

Mounting will depend on whether you have an HT or ST. Reuse bolts from ST, use the supplied bolts for the HT.

Here's really the only tip I can offer. Before snugging up these two bolts, put the tray on the mounting plates, snug it up (hand tight) and use a level to check front-to-back and side-to-side.

You may find you need to shift the mounting brackets in place to achieve perfect level.

There is no adjustment available or necessary to the cargo tray itself. It is held in position with some ty-wraps, don't cut those until everything is tight.

Just like that, she's done and the Horse has a new saddle holster! Snip the ty-wraps to operate.

Yes, a couple rifles would fit very nicely on the underside. And if you have big dogs, you sort of get a dog barrier... After a few miles, she's quiet. As we add bins, boxes, and trays, there will always be a tap or click, but this one doesn't add anything new or bothersome to the mix!

Excellent quality craftsmanship, great service and a fair price from @Mountains2Metal. Good stuff. Hope this helps someone.
That was a really good write up Craig. Thank you for clarifying on some of these comments that were made as well!

For anyone that missed it, this system is modular. You don't have to have one product to work with the other. You will need two mounting brackets to work with the cargo tray. We do not include these with our kits because once you have one/two of them, you don't need them again for the other cargo products.
Sponsored