Sponsored

Moving to another state. How to move to back of the line?

Bulljh

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ll be moving to NV from CA by the end of the year. I’m fairly certain that my Bronco won’t be ready until next year. My question is does anyone know if I get place in the back of the line, sort of speak, if swap out dealerships? Has anyone gone through this process?
Thanks
Sponsored

Ta2punk

Raptor
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You shouldn't get your position in the line moved. It's simply transferring the order to another dealership. If the order has already been placed through your dealership to Ford, then that is your spot in line. There is no reason changing dealerships should change your spot.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would maybe wait to move Dealers unless you ordered after the 3/19 deadline. If you did put in your order before 3/19, maybe wait until you get real info on what year you will be getting. Moving dealers with a pre-3/19 order may put you in the back of the line or a MY22. Best move may be to leave it as is, my dealer is in AZ and I live in CO. I will be moving there in the next few months and will be making a road trip to pick it up if I haven’t already moved.

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I imagine that dealer allocations could come into play depending on the dealer.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Could be wrong but I don’t think that you can switch dealers once your order has been placed.

you would have to cancel and then start over with the new dealer in order to switch.

Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably just best to coordinate shipping / delivery with your current dealer when the time arrives, may cost a little extra and take a couple more days, but your order is with that dealer is my understanding, not with Ford itself.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I were in your position, I would just go back to San Jose to pick it up. Then drive it to Las Vegas or Reno, whichever one you're moving to. You could probably get a certificate of origin, or whatever the paperwork is, and register it for the first time in Nevada.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought I remember seeing a statement from one of the good dealers around here that after a certain date, if you haven't been scheduled for MY2021, then your order will open back up. You'll then be required to submit another order for MY2022. I wonder if at that time, you'd be able to change dealerships due to your circumstance? Something to keep in mind.

Maybe @Granger Ford or @DealerInsider can chime in on this.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would maybe wait to move Dealers unless you ordered after the 3/19 deadline. If you did put in your order before 3/19, maybe wait until you get real info on what year you will be getting. Moving dealers with a pre-3/19 order may put you in the back of the line or a MY22. Best move may be to leave it as is, my dealer is in AZ and I live in CO. I will be moving there in the next few months and will be making a road trip to pick it up if I haven’t already moved.
You make a lot of claims here that I don't know to be backed by any evidence.

Not sure what the 3/19 date has to do with anything in this case, and particularly how it would effect your place in line if you were to change dealers... or even why changing dealers would effect your place in line in general (your reservation time stamp remains the same).

To the OP's question: Dealerships can coordinate a "courtesy" delivery when someone buys through one dealer and has it delivered through another. It's not free for the second dealership, so not all are willing to do it, but it's worth inquiring about (if you don't want to go on a road trip or trying to figure out how to ship your bronco back).

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Why are you moving to NV from CA?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Move east. No water out west anymore

Back to the topic .. just ask for a courtesy delivery .. so your CA dealership will arrange for Ford to drop ship your bronco to a NV dealership. The NV dealership will prob charge you $500 to take delivery.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You make a lot of claims here that I don't know to be backed by any evidence.

Not sure what the 3/19 date has to do with anything in this case, and particularly how it would effect your place in line if you were to change dealers... or even why changing dealers would effect your place in line in general (your reservation time stamp remains the same).

To the OP's question: Dealerships can coordinate a "courtesy" delivery when someone buys through one dealer and has it delivered through another. It's not free for the second dealership, so not all are willing to do it, but it's worth inquiring about (if you don't want to go on a road trip or trying to figure out how to ship your bronco back).
I never said anything I mentioned was fact. I do know 3/19 was the cutoff to be in line for a MY21. I was just saying that if he put in his order prior to that date, I would be cautious in moving it to another dealer because we are not 100% certain that he won’t be moved to the back of the line of the new dealer or automatically made a priority 99. I would rather lean to the side of caution than think I know exactly how things go behind the scenes and “hope for the best”. If you work at Ford and see exactly how everything plays out, then please enlighten us! Otherwise a lot of what we are saying is just opinion. For all we know, the new dealer could be pissed he is moving last minute and taking an allocation for the owners daughters boyfriend… so he 99’s you. At this point in the game, I would just be cautious about changing things.

MaXberN

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica / Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find a friend who lives in Montana and switch your dealership to there. The road trip will be much cheaper than the 8% sales tax you will pay in NV.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Find a friend who lives in Montana and switch your dealership to there. The road trip will be much cheaper than the 8% sales tax you will pay in NV.
NV will probably still charge him the tax since it will be a new purchase that he'll need to register there. in my state even if you lived in another state and purchased the vehicle less than 6months prior to moving you have to pay the state sales tax.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You pay taxes in the state you reside and not in the state you take delivery.

I buy all my cars out of state but pay taxes in the state of VA

Sponsored