Sponsored

Moving to another state. How to move to back of the line?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said anything I mentioned was fact. I do know 3/19 was the cutoff to be in line for a MY21.
This is not correct. The 3/19 cutoff was for consideration in the first quarter of scheduling. It has never been said or implied converting after that date excluded you from a MY21.

I was just saying that if he put in his order prior to that date, I would be cautious in moving it to another dealer because we are not 100% certain that he won’t be moved to the back of the line of the new dealer or automatically made a priority 99.
Whether or not you can move an order that has been converted, we know that moving reservations maintained the timestamp and their relative position in line. Ford is scheduling based on reservation timestamp… if the order originates from the same reservation, the reservation/order number is maintained, and the reservation timestamp would have no reason to change.

Additionally, a dealer can not code an order 99 once it has a 10-19 code. In order to change an order back to 99 a specific request must be made to the region for them to review and then make the change.

If a converted order is transferred, the receiving dealer would have to accept it as-is…. Additionally, this mucks things up as far as negotiated price, etc. (each dealer is a separate business entity).

Therefor I imagine the OP will find they can not transfer an active order to a new dealer… but they *can* continue with the negotiated purchase with their existing dealer and have the vehicle courtesy delivered to a different accepting dealer.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you moving to NV from CA?
that shouls be self explainatory. because its CA. everyone is moving out of that state. lol

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not correct. The 3/19 cutoff was for consideration in the first quarter of scheduling. It has never been said or implied converting after that date excluded you from a MY21.

Whether or not you can move an order that has been converted, we know that moving reservations maintained the timestamp and their relative position in line. Ford is scheduling based on reservation timestamp… if the order originates from the same reservation, the reservation/order number is maintained, and the reservation timestamp would have no reason to change.

Additionally, a dealer can not code an order 99 once it has a 10-19 code. In order to change an order back to 99 a specific request must be made to the region for them to review and then make the change.

If a converted order is transferred, the receiving dealer would have to accept it as-is…. Additionally, this mucks things up as far as negotiated price, etc. (each dealer is a separate business entity).

Therefor I imagine the OP will find they can not transfer an active order to a new dealer… but they *can* continue with the negotiated purchase with their existing dealer and have the vehicle courtesy delivered to a different accepting dealer.
Okay… so we just took two different paths to the same conclusion. Maybe the 3/19 date was intended as you mentioned, but it seems like the reality will be the 3/19 date is more or less the MY21 cutoff because quarters and previous plans don’t mean lick anymore.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would consider leaving it at the current dealer and just go get and bring it to NV to register it. You will pay NV sales tax when you register it. They consider the sales tax you payed in CA, if its less then NV, you will pay just the difference. I have done this several times. Trying to move it seems like a bother and always a chance it will get messed up.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bulljh

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for everyone’s input. I’ll most likely keep the it in CA and make a weekend of it when it gets delivered. Oh and to the person who asked why I’m leaving, it’s because CA sucks now.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll be moving to NV from CA by the end of the year. I’m fairly certain that my Bronco won’t be ready until next year. My question is does anyone know if I get place in the back of the line, sort of speak, if swap out dealerships? Has anyone gone through this process?
Thanks
Can't your current dealer help you arrange this, working with a local NV dealer if needed for the state paperwork?

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya
I’ll be moving to NV from CA by the end of the year. I’m fairly certain that my Bronco won’t be ready until next year. My question is does anyone know if I get place in the back of the line, sort of speak, if swap out dealerships? Has anyone gone through this process?
Thanks
You can not switch dealers. Buy it at the old one and drive it/ship it home. Moved from MN to UT during my wait and flew to MN for delivery and drove it to UT.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can "99" your order with your current dealer so it's not built this year if that's what you want. You can also ask Ford customer service if you can move your reservation to another dealer. If you really want to be moved to the end of the line, cancel your current reservation and reorder after you move with a new dealer.
Sponsored