First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to deer camp this weekend and had to lock my base 2.7 sas into 4 wheel drive in the driveway ( just muddy no ruts on flat ground) to get out. Stock tires dont seem to clean out. They just held the mud. I dont climb rocks. But i would like to be able to drive through a muddy field if needed. Mud tire recommendations please. Plus i dont have money to just order a full set. Will be ordering 1 every couple months till next season. So i will have a summer set and a deer season set. Suggestions on brand?
Sponsored

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bfg, toyo, nitto, General x3, Mickey Thompson. All good choices. Milestar MT if you want a budget tire that won’t last long mileage wise

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t waste your $$$$ on BFGs. Overpriced and underperform. Toyo last forever and drive excellent on road for a MT. Nittos are also very good.

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look for a used set of wheels and tires on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist. You can find a set for less than a set of new tires.

SVTPete83

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cobra, 92 Bronco, 2011 Raptor, Vans RV9A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Toyo mud terrains are the best in the business. I pulled a ups truck out of the mud with them in my raptor just the other day. And sometimes. No matter how good the tire is. You just get stuck lol

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please 1C593F44-5B58-4E3E-9062-B1C6317F3D8C

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went to deer camp this weekend and had to lock my base 2.7 sas into 4 wheel drive in the driveway ( just muddy no ruts on flat ground) to get out. Stock tires dont seem to clean out. They just held the mud. I dont climb rocks. But i would like to be able to drive through a muddy field if needed. Mud tire recommendations please. Plus i dont have money to just order a full set. Will be ordering 1 every couple months till next season. So i will have a summer set and a deer season set. Suggestions on brand?
So you have stock Goodyear Territory tires which should work well enough for mud outside of a Mud-specific tire. Anything more aggressive will affect ride quality. Those should work ok in mud. You likely didn't have enough wheel speed to clear the treads.

OP
OP

Baldwin69

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
DITTO on the KM3's

IMG_8107.jpg
So you have stock Goodyear Territory tires which should work well enough for mud outside of a Mud-specific tire. Anything more aggressive will affect ride quality. Those should work ok in mud. You likely didn't have enough wheel speed to clear the treads.
You could be right. Not my camp. Didnt want to rut up the owners property.

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t waste your $$$$ on BFGs. Overpriced and underperform. Toyo last forever and drive excellent on road for a MT. Nittos are also very good.
Agreed. I've almost always run Toyo. Recently I put on the all new Open Country R/T Trail. They are a hybrid tire specifically designed for overlanding. I did a video recently on my initial impressions. It's a good comparison since they are the same size as a sasquatch tire, but leaps and bounds better in regards to numbers and performance.

Keep in mind, I don't have any off road experience with them yet, but on the road they are superb. The bonus is, they are a D rated tire, so they ride very nice.

Not a mud tire, but hope this helps some:

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yokohama Geolandar G003. More affordable than most and one of the absolute best MT I’ve ever used.

Works great in the snow, on the rocks and handles great on the road. I’ve used several of the big name tires that people have listed but these are my new favorite.

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please 45BFCFE8-3B8B-4A84-8401-5CDDB02BFD7E

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please DA3180A7-DA53-487D-A6ED-F3DFA1CC0407

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please 7B73D0FF-5353-4043-AD23-A59034AD5137

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yokohama Geolandar G003. More affordable than most and one of the absolute best MT I’ve ever used.

Works great in the snow, on the rocks and handles great on the road. I’ve used several of the big name tires that people have listed but these are my new favorite.

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please 7B73D0FF-5353-4043-AD23-A59034AD5137

Those look like the same pattern as the Toyo MTs. How much do they weigh?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tires are so personal... I consult at a medium volume off road shop that specializes in Jeep and Raptor builds. We do a LOT of tires... The number 1 tire that comes back for balance issues or radial tire pull is the Toyo MT. We just don't install them any more. Number 2 is the Goodyear MT/R, horrible tires.

Our number 1, never have a problem and perform excellent mud terrain is the Falken MT. We do a fair amount of BFG's too, not much trouble, but very expensive. For the more aggressive offroad applications we use the Nitto Trail Grappler.

Something funny, I have Patagonia's on all my rigs and have had great luck and excellent mileage out of them. However,many people have many different experiences with them, so I will only say they are good for some and not for others.

Mine? perfect wear at 25,000 miles and stil 10/32's left.

Ford Bronco Mud tires recommendations please tire wear

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those look like the same pattern as the Toyo MTs. How much do they weigh?
I believe they’re designed by the same guy. I don’t remember the entire story now but the gist is one guy has designed many of the high end tires out there and that’s why you see such similarities between many popular tires.

Tire weight is about 75lb per tire for 37s.

These tires can be found for quite a bit cheaper, although they are going up in price as they catch on.
Sponsored