Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week my Bronco is finally "in production" after waiting for nearly 2 years! I've only acquired a couple items for the Bronco which includes the fender script and a 3D printed dash rack for mounting a phone or other items. Curious what are some of the "must have" addons that others feel are essential for the new Bronco? If you could only pick 4 or 5 items, what would it be? Here's my short must have list:

1) Remove the rock rails and install Rockslide Engineering or equiv. powered rails
2) Ditch the Goodyear MT and install a set of tires that are gravel road friendly (Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
3) Bronco fender Scripts
4) Bug Deflector
5) Bimini top sun shade.
Sponsored

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For protection I would add:
1)PPF
2)Ceramic Coating
3)Mudflaps
For fun and function I would add
4)Bestop Trektop
5)Trail/Fog lighting
I like all of those items! I'm definitely considering the front mudflaps for sure depending on how well the rock slide rails protect things. The ceramic coating is another item I'm seriously considering. Great list!

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I got a GearShade mesh top but I wish I had of waited on the JTOPS USA Bimini Sun Shade. That thing looks and fits so much better than what I have. If you get a lift, don't get a spacer lift. On my dream list is to get the Bilstein 2" Ford Performance lift that is coming out this month. Part # M-18000-B1 for 4door.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming your post excludes recovery essentials.....

1) side step if you have anyone whose height or health makes entry/exit difficult (have the IAG EZ step)
2) compressor and deflator tools depending on your planned usage
3) fog/pod lighting
4) some type of safe (console, under seat, rear floor........but probably not the tiny tow hitch safe lol)
5) pakmule sway back cargo rack (more of a 2 DR essential for me)

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would add mud flaps to the top of the list. Also a speaker upgrade and hood struts.

Also, save some money and take bug deflector off your list, the consensus seems to be that it does not help much, the brick-like aerodynamics of the Bronco are too much for a little shield to make much difference.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
PPF your rockers along with the mud flaps. Flaps alone won’t completely cover you .

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This week my Bronco is finally "in production" after waiting for nearly 2 years! I've only acquired a couple items for the Bronco which includes the fender script and a 3D printed dash rack for mounting a phone or other items. Curious what are some of the "must have" addons that others feel are essential for the new Bronco? If you could only pick 4 or 5 items, what would it be? Here's my short must have list:

1) Remove the rock rails and install Rockslide Engineering or equiv. powered rails
2) Ditch the Goodyear MT and install a set of tires that are gravel road friendly (Nitto Ridge Grapplers)
3) Bronco fender Scripts
4) Bug Deflector
5) Bimini top sun shade.
"Gravel road friendly"
20220425_133810.jpg

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Done a bunch. See if you like anything and I can give you links.

Ford Bronco Must have accessories D78DE903-5C53-4ACE-B734-6CC6F893651C

Ford Bronco Must have accessories BD1CD570-435E-49B7-B4A1-AC187416001F

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trailer hitch (not an often on the best model)and mud flaps are must haves.
Hopefully be able to get washout floors for a reasonable price(?), another dog......gas.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3) Bronco fender Scripts
4) Bug Deflector
5) Bimini top sun shade.
We all have our own opinions, so take it for what it is worth, but I will mention that I have the RSE steps as well as the Rokblokz front mudflaps on my Squatched Badlands (basically since the day I brought it home a couple months ago) and nothing hits the side of my vehicle, nothing. No rocks, no mud, no water even flings up on the side. The only reason I mention it is because if you are planning on getting those particular steps and the flaps then you do not need to replace the tires for vehicle damage safety sake and can save that expense and spend it on something else. If you want new tires just because, then that is something altogether different. Good luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all have our own opinions, so take it for what it is worth, but I will mention that I have the RSE steps as well as the Rokblokz front mudflaps on my Squatched Badlands (basically since the day I brought it home a couple months ago) and nothing hits the side of my vehicle, nothing. No rocks, no mud, no water even flings up on the side. The only reason I mention it is because if you are planning on getting those particular steps and the flaps then you do not need to replace the tires for vehicle damage safety sake and can save that expense and spend it on something else. If you want new tires just because, then that is something altogether different. Good luck and enjoy.
Great advice! I’ll look in to those steps and the flaps for sure. Thanks.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the JTops Bimini. Awesome product. Sits super tight, so no flapping unless you get her over 90mph….. (who would do such a thing). I also enjoy the RSE steps. They kicked my ass when I was installing them by myself, but the give it a great look and supper functional for my kiddos.

Wannabe Techie

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You will not lack opinions here but I tell everyone to be prepared to be underwhelmed with the stereo. First thing is getting the tunes right so that you can cruise and listen to your tunes and truly enjoy the ride. New speakers, amps, and sub.

Last edited:

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got the JTops Bimini. Awesome product. Sits super tight, so no flapping unless you get her over 90mph….. (who would do such a thing). I also enjoy the RSE steps. They kicked my ass when I was installing them by myself, but the give it a great look and supper functional for my kiddos.
Thank you for becoming a customer! Your comments are very appreciated.

Mike
Sponsored

Last edited: