Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
........ moved to instagram: BarbosBronco

November 16th, 2023.
I am starting this thread to document my build of a damaged Bronco I purchased at the auction.
Ford Bronco My 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door - Project 938F483C-1C08-4F98-AC5E-F83658787E01

November 7, 2023
So, I fell in love with the Gen6 Ford Bronco years ago when I came across some photos on Google.
At the time, ordering and eventually purchasing one was financially impossible.
Time went by, career growth has been achieved and I was finally ready to place an order. Over the years, I have virtually build my Bronco about 20 times. My choice was the 2 door, black diamond with manual transmission in Eruption Green.
In the summer of 2023 I stopped by my local Koons Ford to place an order. I was surprised to learn, there were no way to order 2023 and I would have to wait till end of the year to order 2024. I went home disappointed, but decided to wait till the end of the year and place an order.
Around September, I started watching some YouTube and came across a few videos of wracked Broncos being rebuilt. I got inspired and decided to try it out for myself.
For a few weeks I stalked auction sales and recorder what wreaked Broncos sold for. I also started pricing out parts which were needed to be replaced based on the photos.

At the beginning of November, I finally found a 2022 Ford Bronco, 2 door, Shadow Black, Outer Banks. Yes it was not Green and it was not a manual; however, at the auction you get what you can or able to since competition is fierce. Also, the more important was the fact that the damage did not look too bad. Considering, I do not have a garage and limited amount of mechanics tools, I needed a project I could mostly fix under my amazing carport. So, the 2022 Outer Banks appeared to hit all the check marks.

November 13th, 2023
Day of the Auction. I happened to be at work; however, I was able to get some time off and join in on the excitement. Based on the previous sales with a lot more visible damage, I estimated Outer Banks to go up to $21,000 and I was willing and ready to pay that. Surprisingly there were very small participation that day. Typically there were close to 2000 participants, but at this auction there were only 600 or so.
For about a minute I fighting bidders from all around the U.S and the world including someone from Ukraine. I was not going to give up. Being a Ukrainian myself, we just do not give up. Eventually the bids slowed down. The last few seconds felt like an hour, but the time did run out and I won the lot.

Ford Bronco My 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door - Project 7F9F0CD3-DB4A-49C8-866A-B8ACE69FB35E

Compared to previous sales which were all in the range of $21k-26k, I scored a great deal. I mean, I stole it at that price. $16,800 is a price of a used Toyota Corolla.

November 16, 2023.
I was wide awake at 6 am patiently waiting on a transporter. He finally made it by 9 am.
First issue I ran into. The truck was locked with the key zip tied to the steering wheel. The driver said, the auction just loaded it on his trailer with a forklift and that was all.
Some of you Bronco owners already ran into an issue where the window forgets how to drop down a notch when the door opens. Well, it appears that my Bronco did just that, so when the door was shut closed, the glass landed on top of rubber seal. This provided me just enough gap for my straightened coat hanger to slide in and get a grab into a large pull handle on the inside. Just like that, I was inside within a minute.

First thing first, I checked the oil and coolant to make sure vehicle was safe to start. Everything was normal. Oil was fresh, with a sticker indicating that the oil was changed just a little over a thousand miles ago. I was able to slowly drive the Bronco off the trailer.
Ford Bronco My 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door - Project DB1D6932-C3F3-40EA-90D2-87719FE8E1BF

After a quick inspection, I learned that the main issue with the Driver wheel is a broken Tie Rod. I jacked the Bronco and swapped the flat tire with a spare. With a girlfriend driving and me manually steering disconnected wheel, we were able to get the Bronco into my driveway.
Unsure where to start, I decided to give the Bronco a good wash and take a few photos for the memories.
Ford Bronco My 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door - Project 369EE9F9-D238-4D6D-9612-D3410A06E95F

It was this photo which made me fall in love with Shadow Black color. The shine and reflection is like a mirror. Black chrome. It is amazing...
Ford Bronco My 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2 Door - Project 12C5AFE4-5608-4309-9093-0B0B5F305764

To be continued.......... moved to instagram: BarbosBronco
Sponsored

Last edited:

Danh63

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4, BMW 840, Chevy Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Subscribed!

OP
OP
Romanenk0

Romanenk0

Outer Banks
First Name
BarbosBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I registered an Instagram account, and will continue on there. People prefer tp see more pictures instead of reading, so it makes sense. If you are interested to follow along, follow me on Instagram: BarbosBronco

Thank you all.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi Just found your thread just shipped my front SAS shocks to Ukraine.

This is what the buyer wrote to me.

"You know, selvage cars from the USA are quite popular here. I work in vehicle workshop in my town which repairs cars after car accidents, other department of our company is buying selvaged US cars, importing it to Ukraine for our customers and we repair it here. Final price for the vehicle from the US is about the same as price for imported car from Europe, but US vehicles have less mileage and are better equipped for the same price. Before invasion salvaged cars market here was increasing , but after invasion all sectors of the economy were affected."

"For about a minute I fighting bidders from all around the U.S and the world including someone from Ukraine. I was not going to give up. Being a Ukrainian myself, we just do not give up."

Glory to Ukraine. My family left in 1872.
Sponsored