Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So you don't get a turn on or turn of pop with the amp/control box being on all the time the ignition is? I was hoping the LOC had a signal sensing turn on so it would trigger the amp on with the radio, not the ignition. I may end up going with a newer amp that is "designed" to be integrated if I can't identify a good and inexpensive solution.
Yes, occasionally it does get the turn on thump. The LOC I used did have sensing, however when you do anything with the bronco like open the door it wakes up which creates a draw on the 12v system and then turns on the LOC. That's why I switched it to direct turn on by the ignition.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going for the Lux package and looking to install a sub or two under the rear seats. I've been rocking JL's since about 99".
As a 4dr owner, just a heads up, but the bottom of the rear seat moves forward and down when folding the seats flat.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a 4dr owner, just a heads up, but the bottom of the rear seat moves forward and down when folding the seats flat.
Yes and when its down the bottom of the seat cushion appears to be on the floor. Also the underside of the front seats (manual MGV) is littered with wiring and bars. I originally wanted to put the amp under there, but the space seemed too tight.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is absolutely space behind the trim there for a custom enclosure. Gonna investigate this now that I know. Much appreciated.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thrilled to see a post where 90% of the responses are positive instead of "not for me", "dislike", etc.

Great job, thanks for doing it for the rest of us to consider options and have some insight into what we are up against. Much appreciated.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was curious if you could just cut the back panel right and mount a shallow sub right to it. If I recall correctly that's what the b&o did. I'm personally not a fan of ur dash set up. But it's yours not mine. I ran 4 morel's never once used this company and I'm suprised. And now I notice the distortion in the kick pannel. Imma wait till more options come out.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, occasionally it does get the turn on thump. The LOC I used did have sensing, however when you do anything with the bronco like open the door it wakes up which creates a draw on the 12v system and then turns on the LOC. That's why I switched it to direct turn on by the ignition.
I'm curious if you believe that having the 12v draw from the LOC would be a problem or issue long term. The JL 700/5v2 I have in my Jeep is setup for signal sensing and the amp turns on every time I open my door and in the 7 years I've had it, its never been an issue.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thrilled to see a post where 90% of the responses are positive instead of "not for me", "dislike", etc.

Great job, thanks for doing it for the rest of us to consider options and have some insight into what we are up against. Much appreciated.
I used all of the other audio posts as research before I started this. So I wanted to continue to help build on that information and photos for you guys going forward.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was curious if you could just cut the back panel right and mount a shallow sub right to it. If I recall correctly that's what the b&o did. I'm personally not a fan of ur dash set up. But it's yours not mine. I ran 4 morel's never once used this company and I'm suprised. And now I notice the distortion in the kick pannel. Imma wait till more options come out.
IMO the plastic of the rear side panel would not be thick enough to hold the weight or movement of a decent sized sub. Maybe if you could reinforce it a bit an 8" would be okay? There is also a pretty decent sized gap at the top of the panel where the top mounts so it wouldn't be sealed real well unless you created a box behind it. There is for sure plenty of airspace to do a custom box inside there though. I'm assuming someone will market one in the future.
I'm not sure what dash set up you are referring to? I'm assuming the tweeters. I originally wanted coax 6.5s, but my local shop was out of them and I got a screaming deal on the 6.75 components. I wasn't keen on surface mounting the tweeters, but the sound is so much better with them up there as opposed to down in the kick panels.

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious if you believe that having the 12v draw from the LOC would be a problem or issue long term. The JL 700/5v2 I have in my Jeep is setup for signal sensing and the amp turns on every time I open my door and in the 7 years I've had it, its never been an issue.
Should not be a problem either way. Thousands of cars with aftermarket audio systems out there using both turn on techniques. I just didn't want it all turning on if the ignition wasn't on, personal preference.

Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IMO the plastic of the rear side panel would not be thick enough to hold the weight or movement of a decent sized sub. Maybe if you could reinforce it a bit an 8" would be okay? There is also a pretty decent sized gap at the top of the panel where the top mounts so it wouldn't be sealed real well unless you created a box behind it. There is for sure plenty of airspace to do a custom box inside there though. I'm assuming someone will market one in the future.
I'm not sure what dash set up you are referring to? I'm assuming the tweeters. I originally wanted coax 6.5s, but my local shop was out of them and I got a screaming deal on the 6.75 components. I wasn't keen on surface mounting the tweeters, but the sound is so much better with them up there as opposed to down in the kick panels.
Ford Bronco My audio system upgrade with lots of photos 7A632B60-C38E-4EA5-8F2F-6CA88A400D4C

This, I'm wondering how the b&o is mounted in there as you said they may have a box. I bet there is a totalled bronco somewhere that had that back piece. Or maybe some point a stealth box will appear under passenger seat. I liked mine in the jku

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should not be a problem either way. Thousands of cars with aftermarket audio systems out there using both turn on techniques. I just didn't want it all turning on if the ignition wasn't on, personal preference.
Yeah my LOC is auto-sensing as well and the annoying part is the sub makes a "pop" the first time I open or a few seconds after I exit after I shut it off, but I got tired of messing with the fiddly fuse panel when I did my install.

njAK84

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to come to the realization years ago that there are two kinds of car washing. One with the kids and one without. Don't ever confuse the two, it will make you crazy!
This is absolute truth.

airstreamin

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, ā€˜21 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve installed an Audio Control LCQ-1, Punch 400 to drive the dash, kick panels and rear pods (all of which are new Kickers), and an Audio Control 300w mono sub amp for the downward firing shallow 10ā€ Kicker sub. The Bronco doesnā€™t like my plan. I had sound for minutes, now silence. Still have power to everything, no blown fuses. Then installed the blue LGD from Audio Controlā€¦still silence. A kicker LGD is in the mail as the recommendation from Crutchfield. I may have to try that Wavelink LOC if this doesnā€™t work. (Yes, my connections are right). Anyone else have issues with the Sync 4 being picky with the LOC they used? Crutchfield didnā€™t have a definitive answer.
im running kicker Key amps that has high level inputs and no issues. You might look at the kicker keyloc.
Sponsored