Sponsored

My Bronco Experiment Backfired! (In a good way?)

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently made a post detailing how I ordered 2 broncos (identical builds) with the hopes of increasing my chances of getting one before 2030. The 1st I converted a late reservation of 7/23/21 and a $500 deposit, the other I simply ordered with no $$$ or reservation on 11/4/21. The latter was scheduled for production for 2/21 I was told by my dealer last Thursday.

Then I get a text message today from my reservation-to-order dealer that itā€™s also scheduled the same week.

I didnā€™t anticipate on getting 2 broncos simultaneously so perhaps this is a sign supply is soon to catch-up the demandā€” Or that I should play the mega millions this week?

Now I may be stuck with an embarrassment of Badlands richesā€¦

How many broncos are enough for one man? ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can afford it, flip one and buy all the options you want for your baby. Nice.
On that flipping idea - at my dealership I was required to sign a 6-month no-sell waiver because I bought my Bronco without financing. I was told this is required in Canada to prevent flipping. Has this happened to anyone else?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
On that flipping idea - at my dealership I was required to sign a 6-month no-sell waiver because I bought my Bronco without financing. I was told this is required in Canada to prevent flipping. Has this happened to anyone else?
It would be a good idea if Ford requires this for all customers sold at MSRP.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently made a post detailing how I ordered 2 broncos (identical builds) with the hopes of increasing my chances of getting one before 2030. The 1st I converted a late reservation of 7/23/21 and a $500 deposit, the other I simply ordered with no $$$ or reservation on 11/4/21. The latter was scheduled for production for 2/21 I was told by my dealer last Thursday.

Then I get a text message today from my reservation-to-order dealer that itā€™s also scheduled the same week.

I didnā€™t anticipate on getting 2 broncos simultaneously so perhaps this is a sign supply is soon to catch-up the demandā€” Or that I should play the mega millions this week?

How many broncos is enough for one man? ;)
What model BL have you ordered? Four door, soft top, 2.3? Thanks

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

2 questions. Are they manual? If so may I buy one off you after I talk to my wife and beg my bank?

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
With my strange and unusual luck, I ended up being able to pick up mine without financing. No waivers or no-sell agreements. I was kind of shocked they didn't try. Mine being a First Edition, you'd think if they were going to require a no-sell agreement, it would be on this trim at the very least.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, because only dealers should be allowed to make money. AMIRITE?...
Reserving Broncos just to flip them when severals reservation holders are still waiting for their vehicles doesn't sound like a solution to me.

You sound more like a part of the problem instead of a solution buddy.

Ford currently does this with the Ford GT where you cannot sell it for two years unless they approve it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reserving Broncos just to flip them when severals reservation holders are still waiting for their vehicles doesn't sound like a solution to me.

You sound more like a part of the problem instead of a solution buddy.

Ford currently does this with the Ford GT where you cannot sell it for two years unless they approve it.
Again, my intention wasnā€™t to flip, it was to secure a Bronco as soon as possible. The only reason I ordered two because the 2nd dealer said I didnā€™t have to put a dollar down. Which perhaps is a strategic way for them to get allocation? I called to cancel the second order and thats when he told me itā€™s already been scheduled.

At this point the dealer will happily keep it and markup my leftovers, so am I the problem or a merely cog in this wretched system?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again, my intention wasnā€™t to flip, it was to secure a Bronco as soon as possible. The only reason I ordered two because the 2nd dealer said I didnā€™t have to put a dollar down. Which perhaps is a strategic way for them to get allocation? I called to cancel the second order and thats when he told me itā€™s already been scheduled.

At this point the dealer will happily keep it and markup my leftovers, so am I the problem or a merely cog in this wretched system?
That message wasn't for you. I understood what you were trying to do and I'm happy that you finally got a VIN. Hopefully you'll get your Bronco without any other further delay or inconvenient.

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I volunteer as tribute to drive your second.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need some proof. Otherwise I call BS
I donā€™t blame you. I could be Bronco troll trying to rile a dedicated base up do to lack of attention in the real world. Unfortunately, neither of my orders are showing the production date online despite the fact I have two Vin#s, which Iā€™ve heard other members are encountering the same thing.

Iā€™m simply fascinated by this process as Iā€™ve never bought a new car before, let alone custom order one ā€” trying to add to the information cache that has helped me on this roller coaster ride. Just trying to shed some lightā€¦ some hope, as Iā€™ve been illuminated by this community.

If the system updates soon I will post evidence for you naysayers.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't cancel anything until you have the keys. If your lucky you have a good dealer that will stick to your price, if not you'll have a second try.
Sponsored