Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ross can you clear something up for me? Do the back seats have connection points for a backward facing car seat? Most vehicles have the two little metal bars that a bak facing car seat clips into. I know it has the connection on the back, but I would love to see a picture of the front of the seat. I need to show proof to the wife.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

79BKO

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco, 21 Bronco Big Bend SAS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Power is great. Nice torque right off the line and can really scoot if you put your foot in it.

The 10sp is a "learning" transmission so the first day or so was rough. Lots of hunting gears and a general feeling of discontent with wherever it landed. After a good bit of driving yesterday and today, this has already smoothed out quite a bit.

The shifts are actually quite fast with very little hang time involved. Each shift gives a feeling of being pulled forward a bit instead of lagging. Similar in feeling to the contemporary Mustangs, a playful pull that's fun and engaging.

Other notes:
- I've resisted the urge to turn off the auto start/stop yesterday and today. I'm getting used to it, it was just a harsh adjustment from my old ride. You can modulate it with the brake pedal pretty naturally, so this has helped.

- It was a cool 65 and pouring rain this morning so I tested the seat heaters and defrosters for the first time: WOW. The seats get hot almost instantly and has a nice broad coverage area.

- I can't say enough about the ease of operation on this roof. I can get both front panels off or on in about 90 seconds. They have a great durable feel and seem very resistant to scratches. The center panel is a bit unwieldly because of its size, but the weight is super manageable and it can be taken off or put back on within a couple minutes. There are alignment studs and slots so you always get it in the right spot.

- Huge rains last night and today and there's absolutely no signs of intrusion at the roof seams or window seals, despite the roof panels being off and on about a hundred different times already.

- GLAD I added the tube steps - my wife is 5'1" and our kids are 12, 11, 9, and 2. I'm legitimately not sure how any of them could climb in without the steps.

- I've been stopped probably more than a dozen times already for questions, and the most common one is "What color is this? I love it!"
I assume these are factory tube steps?

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ross can you clear something up for me? Do the back seats have connection points for a backward facing car seat? Most vehicles have the two little metal bars that a bak facing car seat clips into. I know it has the connection on the back, but I would love to see a picture of the front of the seat. I need to show proof to the wife.
Yes! There are 4 tether points in the back seat and 3 across the backside of the back seat for the upper straps. You could put a car seat in any of the 3 seats. Pic below.

This is the exact build that I have ordered. How do the seats feel? I assume there is no lumbar adjustment as well, correct?
The seats are very comfortable and super supportive, and the driver's seat has manual lumbar support that is quite effective.

20210702_081144.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i reserved my badlands in cyber orange just off of the wow factor of the initial reveal video, but ive always had cactus gray in the back of my mind as a color i really liked too, as ive been noticing the cyber orange looking more and more yellow in full sun, your pics made me make the decision to switch to cactus gray it looks really nice

congrats on getting your bronco and thanks for all the pics/info!

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A top-off cruise down US 40 to a classic ice cream shop. Like a Rockwell painting...

Ford Bronco My Cactus Gray Big Bend just delivered. First pics & early impressions 20210702_081144
That is the best CG non Ford pic yet. The "mint" look is definitely there. It will be the best non conforming color in the bunch. Definitely will have people talking and being inquisitive of the color.

sprtsmac

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 F-150 XLT, 2019 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's nice to see the Cactus Grey on a Big Bend. This is exactly what I got with the exception of mine being a 2 door manual. As frustrating as this is starting to get, I can't wait to get mine. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
7/13 9:45pm reservation
6/21 build week
6/24 blend date
6/25 gate release
6/28 left MAP via convoy
6/29 delivered to my dealer
From reading here I think the first indication that you’ve had gate release is an e-mail, correct? Then the Ford tracker updates a few hours later?

Said in production 6/23 with sticker saying blend date 6/28. 6/29 got a date on in production tracker saying 6/29 below “in production”. Then on 6/30 the margin date at the bottom changed from 6/23 to 6/30 and since then nothing has changed.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's a small detail, but the Big Bend badge looks great on Cactus Gray.

The color use in the badges was a bit of a puzzling choice, as different models' badges look so much better with different paint colors.

Ford Bronco My Cactus Gray Big Bend just delivered. First pics & early impressions 20210702_081144
My passenger side badge had a bubble in it. I'm pretty sure my wife worked it out before we left the dealership lol.

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

i reserved my badlands in cyber orange just off of the wow factor of the initial reveal video, but ive always had cactus gray in the back of my mind as a color i really liked too, as ive been noticing the cyber orange looking more and more yellow in full sun, your pics made me make the decision to switch to cactus gray it looks really nice

congrats on getting your bronco and thanks for all the pics/info!
Funny, I ordered cactus grey and just switched to cyber orange. They are both great colors. I like the newer shades, but think I'd take one in any color. Once I see them, they all look great. Same with trim. This looks great with steel wheels and any other. Soft top looks great. Excited

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the look on your face says it all, congrats man

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The tracker is dead accurate until it's time to leave the production phase. You get "gate release" usually the same shift or shift after you come off of final (this is the last time the date at the bottom margin of your sticker updates) but the tracker doesn't read that. It won't show you as "built" until your released in a batch to shipping. It's not at all accurate.

My tracker actually still shows "Built - awaiting shipping" even though she's in my driveway. 🤷‍♂️
Thank you so much! My date in margin has said 6/23 until 6/30 where it changed to 6/30 in the margin. Does that mean it’s had gate release and is built but the tracker is just behind? The tracker says “in production 6/29” still.
Sponsored