Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a July 18 reservation and a Feb 25 (PC 19) conversion for a 2 door Badlands, 2.3 Manual Transmission, Area 51, with tow package.

Yesterday I had an email from my dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) to "call about your Bronco Order". I generally feel I know more than the dealership. Today was different -- his comment - drop the tow package and I should be able to get in line.

I wanted everything to be turnkey and stock from the factory but I went ahead and dropped the two package, if I had to give up anything that seemed like an easy choice.

Wanted to post here so if I get an email with a VIN it is documented.

JOHN
Agree...I dropped the tow package on my first day FE last week, and just like that my build is being previewed this week for my dealers 1 allocation.
Sponsored

OP
OP
G8Rengineer

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep XJ (original owner), 2012 Ford Expeditio
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree...I dropped the tow package on my first day FE last week, and just like that my build is being previewed this week for my dealers 1 allocation.

OP
OP
G8Rengineer

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Waiting to see what happens Thursday. Or next week Thursday

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

EDIT....Sorry, I need to edit this a bit as it's definitely misleading. I didn't just change the tow package. While waiting for VIN, my wife convinced me that I'd regret(ie, how's your kid that's gonna be 6 foot in a year climbing in the back) getting a 2 door. So I also switched back to a 4 door. So, either the change to 4 door or tow package helped. It was probably a combination of both.

OP
OP
G8Rengineer

G8Rengineer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
EXACTLY. The vague mass emails give us no guidance whatsoever. When I told my dealer I would drop tow to get a build date he laughed. But then again they’ve been useless.
The May 28 email was the worst! I took it like, hey you ordered a bronco, you know there are all these problems, good luck.

If that email had listed different specifications and more details about what or was not available and had a link to go modifier orders it would’ve made more sense. Or at least encouragement to call your dealer and modify.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
EDIT....Sorry, I need to edit this a bit as it's definitely misleading. I didn't just change the tow package. While waiting for VIN, my wife convinced me that I'd regret(ie, how's your kid that's gonna be 6 foot in a year climbing in the back) getting a 2 door. So I also switched back to a 4 door. So, either the change to 4 door or tow package helped. It was probably a combination of both.
And MIC or soft top?

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a July 18 reservation and a Feb 25 (PC 19) conversion for a 2 door Badlands, 2.3 Manual Transmission, Area 51, with tow package.

Yesterday I had an email from my dealer (Mullinax Ford in New Smyrna Beach, Florida) to "call about your Bronco Order". I generally feel I know more than the dealership. Today was different -- his comment - drop the tow package and I should be able to get in line.

I wanted everything to be turnkey and stock from the factory but I went ahead and dropped the two package, if I had to give up anything that seemed like an easy choice.

Wanted to post here so if I get an email with a VIN it is documented.

JOHN
I have a July 18 reservation with Jan 23 conversion to order 2 door Wild Trak I havent heard a WORD from my dealer on anything.. I have to call them and ask occasionally if they have heard anything and the answer is always NO... I have the "We are sorry about COVID and Parts availability" from Ford with no build eta, no VIN, no nothing... i am craving information other than.......... "Just wait"

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On Friday May 21 I called to drop the tow package on my 4dr 2.3/auto Badlands with MIC top and Lux package, and the following Thursday the 27th I got my VIN. 7/13 reservation.
Could’ve been coincidence but I only intend to use the hitch for a bike rack anyway so I’ll just add it when I get the vehicle with a July 19 build week.
I think the moral to the story is that everyone is full of misinformed, bad advice so stick with what you can live with and don’t sacrifice too much based on all of this speculation.
Same thing for me... I dropped tow on Monday and got scheduled the same Thursday.. It puts you in line ahead of people with more constraints (remember the points discussion a while back?).

I have a pickup, so I just would use the tow pkg for a hitch carrier anyway.

Sponsored

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also dropped the tow package week before last after a call from my dealer following an email from me to change paint color. No VIN yet. They suggested dropping MIC also, but I was unwilling to do that.

My order is a 4 door BD, V6, mid package, MIC.
Edit to add I did a July 14 reservation.

Last edited:

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait someone said there is no production scheduling this week.