Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If read cover to cover, the 2021 Bronco Dealers thread is already a pretty good record of where dealers stand. When B&P goes live -- um, I mean, if B&P goes live -- we'll know a lot more about them all then.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco My dealer said they (Ford) won't actually fulfill all the orders BWkS-_VCUAA-Tz

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, my very rude GSM at Malloy Ford in Charlottesville first asked me for $500 non-refundable deposit to order the 2 door today (lie), but then after I asked about any dealer markups he said he wasn't sure and that he didn't believe Ford would actually fulfill all reservations. I asked why and he said he's been doing this awhile so he knows. I'm running from them asap. Anybody else hear anything like that?
I guess, Ford knows it and that is why they gave an option to change the Preferred Dealer.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I think about this the more I laugh. What car manufacturer would say, “Hey thanks for trying to give us your money but we’re just not going to be able to help you, I hear Jeep makes a nice 4X4.”

Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good dealers :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: ?‍♂

Granger Ford yes, but who else, very few.
I guess we could compare "good" vs. honest. A few have been straight up with me about their pricing plans with no bull$h!t accessories or markups.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did the dealer possibly mean that some people will cancel their reservations (thus not being fulfilled). My dealer seemed to think that up to 40% of the reservations might be cancelled, by the consumer not by Ford.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess, Ford knows it and that is why they gave an option to change the Preferred Dealer.
Seems like a solid metric for Ford to evaluate dealers based on:
  • which ones lose the most original reservations
  • which ones gain the most switched reservations
  • the distance each buyer travels from their home address to buy from the delivering dealer

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTF man? How are these sort of people able to keep their jobs and customers? Good for you on finding this out before Oct 31st. Thanks for letting us know about this terrible dealership. ?

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please be sure to add this to the 2021 Bronco Dealers thread eventually if it hasn't been already. Discriminating buyers need to know.

OP
OP
Packman0015

Packman0015

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the dealer possibly mean that some people will cancel their reservations (thus not being fulfilled). My dealer seemed to think that up to 40% of the reservations might be cancelled, by the consumer not by Ford.
No definitely not because that was my argument why they will fulfill all the reservations. He brought it up as an argument why he couldn't tell me if they would do dealer markups.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been reserved at Malloy in cville since the beginning and they never told.me anything like that nor try to get $500 from me...did you work with Myles cause if so then I will be going to Steven's in WV. If not request to talk to Myles and get that straightened out.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i will clear the thread for posting. will update with what doug says