Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't like the video? I'm open to critique? too long for what it was?
The video was fine. As a reluctant soft top orderer it shows just how much work removing that thing is. MIC looks a 1000 times better. But once it’s off you better keep it that way for a while to make it worth the effort.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The video was fine. As a reluctant soft top orderer it shows just how much work removing that thing is. MIC looks a 1000 times better. But once it’s off you better keep it that way for a while to make it worth the effort.
Keep in mind it was my first time. I might make another video with power tools and have my wife help.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife is limited in her ability to help lift. I reached out to freedom jack and tried to work with them to develop their lift for the Bronco, but the owner eventually said it couldn't be adapted due to the position of the roll bar. I already have the HF hoist, so that seemed like a great option.

I may continue to work on something similar or just do a ceiling hoist in the garage.

ETA: thanks for the video. I have been pondering whether I could do this myself. I'll probably hold off and wait for a lift or help.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife is limited in her ability to help lift. I reached out to freedom jack and tried to work with them to develop their lift for the Bronco, but the owner eventually said it couldn't be adapted due to the position of the roll bar. I already have the HF hoist, so that seemed like a great option.

I may continue to work on something similar or just do a ceiling hoist in the garage.
It's not all that heavy really. My plan is to make a wooden rack at the hight of my bronco with some carpet on top, then I can just lift and slide it on.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's not all that heavy really. My plan is to make a wooden rack at the hight of my bronco with some carpet on top, then I can just lift and slide it on.
Yeah, I was waiting to see how exactly you were going to lift it off the ground by yourself. It's one thing to set something bulky down. It's another thing to lift it up.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably a 2-person job with my biceps.💪:unsure:

Sponsored

ARETE

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the video! Especially for those of us who will remove our tops predominantly by ourselves most the time! You mentioned owning jeeps, and I was curious about your opinion on weight comparison of the Bronco Top vs. your jeep top. Thanks so much, and congratulations on your Bronco 🐎⚡💪

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
20 minutes by yourself on the first go is great. I agree with “definitely a two person job”, though! With help that is 10 minutes tops, which is awesome for those of us who will want to take it on and off in the warmer weather.

Thanks for the video.

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
(y) thanks for the vid. I liked it , very informative
I have a 10ft ceiling in my garage going to look for a or make a system to lift it with a crank winch or a power winch and hold it up on ceiling.