Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This weekend I took my top off all by myself for the first time. If you're still waiting for you bronco and wondering how hard/easy it is. I made a video doing it.

Good video and it does look easy....but.....2 people preferred to lift it off. I could never bend down and then get our from underneath it like you did. If you (we) are lucky enough to get a good MIC top....damn sure don't want to drop or damage it. Thanks for the video!
Sponsored

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really enjoy your videos, I'm waiting on my 21 2 door Black bronco. So I'm living vicariously through you. LOL. I was building some fence panels and had to move one across the yard. I believe I will not be trying this solo. I can see that being a catastrophic mistake on my part.

Look forward to see if you come up with a stand or harness video. Already subscribed with the notification bell!
Awesome thanks! Yea.. probably going to make a wooden rack with turf on top to slide it on and some holders for the two doors underneath. But that might only come in the spring....

I've got 4 more videos in the Q now. Takes a bit to edit them down to watchable times haha.

77wimbledon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f150, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nice job! Not super difficult, just be careful. Some people think 20 minutes is a problem, really? Good greif ! I must have too much time on my hands.

ProSim

First Name
Pro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great video @NorthShoreBronco . In a perfect world its probably safer and easier with 2 people but I like how you just manned up and did it yourself and proved its not only doable but fairly easy. Great idea building a rack with turf on it to make setting it down and picking it up easier. Your 2 door looks awesome btw. Congrats!

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you please explain? The rear clamshell on the 2-dr and 4-dr are nearly the same. After removing the middle panel on the 4-dr, the dimensions for the rear should be similar to that of the 2-dr.
meant “ my 4dr. “

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No judgement, but given the time it took (not much) and chance of stripping bolts over time I wouldn't chance using an impact driver or other power tool. To each their own. I definitely would be reluctant to ask for help with the top. I like the look of the cart thing but I will likely dedicate a wall on my garage to store the top(s), and doors using low-tech padded kayak holders and hooks. Thanks for the video.

Triceratops

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 speed Huffy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just get a harken hoist… repurposed the old one I used to use to lift a small inflatable boat, just had to order some 6ft 2” lift straps. Now it’s super easy to do by myself.

Ford Bronco My first time taking the 2 door hardtop off by myself 9CB9D1A8-6842-44A6-829A-3BCA80D45746

Ford Bronco My first time taking the 2 door hardtop off by myself 43F7AE89-D829-4D39-9633-EA42481D8C44

Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NorthShoreBronco

I was watching your video at work on mute, so I might of missed this. After taking it off would you be worried about the hardware wearing out out of repetitive removal and installation. Say, twice a year. Specifically the car side fasteners.

I wouldn't think that we would need to be worried, but I have been wondering about this a little bit.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind it was my first time. I might make another video with power tools and have my wife help.
I'm glad you showed the most basic removal method. 20 minutes wasn't bad. With power tools and a helper, it would probably be 5 minutes.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NorthShoreBronco

I was watching your video at work on mute, so I might of missed this. After taking it off would you be worried about the hardware wearing out out of repetitive removal and installation. Say, twice a year. Specifically the car side fasteners.

I wouldn't think that we would need to be worried, but I have been wondering about this a little bit.
Don't worry about it. Unless you strip the hardware, it will last a lifetime.

Tippster

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Video! - it actually helped me realize - maybe being forced into a soft top - is not all that bad after all. Was feeling bad about that forced decision - not any more.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. Have you reached out to them to see if it will work for Bronco? Seems like it will but would want to make sure.
I have reached out and they said their engineers are working on a bronco solution and do not have an ETA for it yet.
Sponsored