Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope... Carry on good sir! I'd make that stop too with that route deviation. (y)

Could always make a trip back west in the new Bronco for the pizza. LOL

edit: If anyone deviates south of the QC coming back from Granger, I'd recommend seeking out a "horseshoe sandwich" in west/central Illinois.
Horseshoe Sandwich
I am from Springfield, Illinois. Quite a few places to get the horseshoe...only a few "proper" ones.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Congratulations Dan, and enjoy that ride. Thanks for the tips on the sleeps and eats. We'll be driving for our pick up also, and info like that really helps. And, thanks for the info on the mpgs. I was thinking/hoping the published numbers were a little low. With my last 3 Fords the mileage was a bit better than the posted numbers, and they all got better after approx 5K miles. The wife's Mustang 5.0L jumped from around 25 on a highway run to as much as 28 depending on the conditions. I will be fine with the 20 mpg for the OBX, but even 21 would make a difference on our long road trips. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to fly in and drive my truck home to FL. Any tips along the way would be welcomed! I am planning on stopping by Ottumwa, IA and Hannibal, MO. Fans of MASH will know why.
Tell Radar, and Colonel Potter I said "hey". :)

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@AbeFroman What a great thread and an awesome road trip with dad and some seriously well marbled bone in ribeyes to boot!

So glad to hear of all of the great Granger experiences; truly one of the best dealerships anywhere which is so commendable.

And the Sausage King of Chicago? Wow! That's great. If I can also get a Hot Beef wet wit at your place, I'll have to stop in next trip up to the Windy City!

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I going to write up a whole separate thread on my experience from pulling into and then out of Granger. I should have it by this afternoon. I know a lot of eyes are looking forward to it.

Stay tuned

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes the Chicago Auto Show. I’m stoked for this year and it being outdoors. Plus I can go to Joliet to Raxs!!
I gotta check it out. I did get an email from Ford about some special experience there for Bronco reservation holders. Check your inboxes, not sure what region they sent that to.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you check what the tire pressure is at, sometimes the factory overfills them? It they are overfilled it may account for some of the bouncy ride.
The screen in the dash showed 44 / 45 the whole ride. I need to compare and see if thats where they should be.

On the bounciness as is, it's nothing if your expectations are for a light truck or a wrangler. Its only if you were coming from luxury like cadillac, bwm, lexus, etc. But those would be mistaken expectations.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@AbeFroman will you and your bronco be at CAS say the 19th?! 🤠🤠. Love to see it!
I don't mean to rain on Dan's moment, but I wanted to ask. Have you heard anything about your build date Ashley?

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, for all of us whose dealers said "there's no way Granger can do that and make money, they'll add some fee or something. Below invoice is too good to be true..."

Did Granger add anything you weren't expecting or was the great deal "as advertised"? Not accusing anyone of anything, but it's ammo towards my dealer lol.
The deal is 100% legit, no surprises, no gotchas. They are the real deal. More about this is my upcoming post.

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this info. I too am in Chicago and have a reservation at Granger. Sadly I won't be getting anything until some time next year if I'm lucky (had to cancel my original reservation with Fox Ford and re-resereve at Granger). Looking forward to your review on the expereince.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't mean to rain on Dan's moment, but I wanted to ask. Have you heard anything about your build date Ashley?
Kinda. I believe it’s sitting. Either waiting on a good roof or just waiting to ship. Not sure. I do know she is built. Along with my dealers mannequin.
Sponsored