indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@AbeFroman , aren't you the Sausage King of Chicago?

Looking forward to reading about your Granger experience. Best wishes on your new Bronco!
"If you have the means to get a Bronco, I highly recommend it. It's so choice." (riffing on Ferris) :)
Sponsored

SABronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2005 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the way back, skip the I80 Truckstop near Davenport and go into the Quad Cities and hit up a QC Style pizza. Harris and Frank's Pizza (Silvis location) are my go to places. There is another one just east of the Quad Cities on I80 in Geneseo, IL called Danny Boys that I'd highly recommend as well.

Can't wait for pics of the new ride and reviews from the Granger Experience. Safe travels back to Chicago.
As a QC native I highly recommend Harris Pizza! If my father in law didn't work at a dealer here in TX then I'd probably have done Granger to make a stop at home!

mjjnuge

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I went to college about an hour south of there, but that was 2001-2005 so hopefully this is relevant.
We always used to go to Hessen Haus in downtown Des Moines. Great German beer selection and the food was authentic. Excellent place to visit if you're into that kinda food. It's a bit out of the way but worth the stop if you opt to stay in Des Moines.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to fly in and drive my truck home to FL. Any tips along the way would be welcomed! I am planning on stopping by Ottumwa, IA and Hannibal, MO. Fans of MASH will know why.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Already have a plan in mind, going to take US 30 to help break it in. Along the way, stopping at Clinton to go to Stout's Pub for their pork tenderloin sandwich. Unless anyone says otherwise??

plate-size-pork-tenderloin.jpeg
Abe, I am in Chicago burbs but we have an office in Clinton. We go to Stouts every time I am in town.....largest/best tenderloin sandwiches anywhere. Of course the sausage king would know where all the best meats are :)

I also have a Granger order. Good luck with your delivery. Hope to be doing the same in about a month.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you mean the Chicago Auto Show, or something else?
Yes the Chicago Auto Show. I’m stoked for this year and it being outdoors. Plus I can go to Joliet to Raxs!!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you set your expectations for a Wrangler killer, you will be very, very happy.
if you go in expecting a Cadillac, you are going to be let down by some things like hard plastics, radio sound quality, and a ride quality that is more bouncy than you might like. But if you know what you are getting into, I don't think there is anyway to be disappointed. Its a beast, its the Beast.
Did you check what the tire pressure is at, sometimes the factory overfills them? It they are overfilled it may account for some of the bouncy ride.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, for all of us whose dealers said "there's no way Granger can do that and make money, they'll add some fee or something. Below invoice is too good to be true..."

Did Granger add anything you weren't expecting or was the great deal "as advertised"? Not accusing anyone of anything, but it's ammo towards my dealer lol.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After delivery:

What a day! After sharing some pineapple pizza with all my new friends at Granger and a quick trip in and out of the finance office, my Bronco and I were back on the road to Chicago. My dad taking up the rear in his Rubicon JL had to endure watching the Beast's behind for the whole trip home.

IMG_2988.jpeg

For anyone going east, I highly recommend US 30. Just head north out of granger and you will hit it in about 20min. Great road alternative to getting back on 80.

For the 300 mile trip back, I averaged a very pleasing 18.5 MPG going between 60-80mph the whole way. Not a bad start for a new engine, I think the 17 combined rating of the 2.7 will prove to be conservative. Engine power was excellent, no complaints here. I'm not trying a 0-60 run until after the first 1500 miles, but on the highway it felt athletic and responsive. Ride quality on 35s was better than expected, the MTs work great on the pavement. No noticeable noise, but I did have the two top panels off. Also, no rattling or whistling the entire way, but that could just be due to the wind direction today. Overall an amazing machine that is every bit what they claim it is.

If you set your expectations for a Wrangler killer, you will be very, very happy.
if you go in expecting a Cadillac, you are going to be let down by some things like hard plastics, radio sound quality, and a ride quality that is more bouncy than you might like. But if you know what you are getting into, I don't think there is anyway to be disappointed. Its a beast, its the Beast.

Oh, and if you do stop at Stouts going through Clinton, IA, the tenderloin is every bit as large as that photo I found online. Here is what they gave me tonight, it was fabulous.
IMG_2994.jpeg

More to come tomorrow
Awesome. There used to be a place in Clinton, Illinois that had tenderloin sandwiches like that...I miss my Midwestern food.

Oh, the Bronco looks legit too. lol
Sponsored