Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

have you seen the paint chips on the handles and mirrors of the 21? it's not pretty. i'm glad they made the change
I have an OBX on order, and I wish it had the black handles and mirrors. I'd switch them if I could. Same with the keypad, I like the regular better. But I want mine mounted in the gas tank door or on the back tailgate door. Worst case on the pillar. But that's just me.
Sponsored

Reactions: jon

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Panhard bar is essential to keep the rearend assembly centered under the vehicle.
The rear sway bar is not essential but likely so Squatch broncos can be fitted with roof racks.
2021 4d Squatch anything could not be ordered with racks. ā˜¹
Rookie Off Road question : What does the sway bar have to do with the roof rack? Why are they not mutually exclusive?

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have an OBX on order, and I wish it had the black handles and mirrors. I'd switch them if I could. Same with the keypad, I like the regular better. But I want mine mounted in the gas tank door or on the back tailgate door. Worst case on the pillar. But that's just me.
I think the gas tank door idea is brilliant. i've seen some posts about that. i would do the same thing if I had the key pad. hmmmm...maybe I do have the key pad. I'll have to check my window sticker that is laying on my bed next to me. ha ha ha

1987DangerRanger

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 Sport - 21 Bronco Sport - 85 Parisienne
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have the color-matched keypad photo?
I guess I didnā€™t take a photo, but saw an eruption green Outer Banks this week with the keypad. It was a spot on match less the buttons.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok I chose the Wildtrak because I liked the exterior options of the Outer Banks (body color handles and painted mirrors) but the interior color of the Wildtrakā€¦ā€¦ now they have gone cheap and cut the body color handles. So how do we get a price from Ford to replace the handles? Can you just order them in the correct color? Anyone have any idea if thatā€™s possible or what it would cost?
https://shop.bfntruckshop.com/shop/ols/categories/2021-ford-bronco

Sponsored

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the gas tank door idea is brilliant. i've seen some posts about that. i would do the same thing if I had the key pad. hmmmm...maybe I do have the key pad. I'll have to check my window sticker that is laying on my bed next to me. ha ha ha
I doubt you do, it was an add on you had to select. They're like $100. You can add one after delivery though, order it through parts./

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rookie Off Road question : What does the sway bar have to do with the roof rack? Why are they not mutually exclusive?
I'm not a rookie to off road and crawling, and would like to know the answer also lol.

8421dave

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Sequoia, 20 Volvo S60, 62 Impala Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There was tons of speculation back when we ordered our 2021ā€™s and in the months following there was something about how little payload the Squatch vehicles had with the roof racks only being rated to like 150lbs. Never saw anything official from Ford but B6G consensus was that Ford engineers were nervous having that much weight up high with an already soft suspension. Rear sway definitely helps on road stability but limits travel off road.

My 2021 WT has no rear sway bar but couldnā€™t order racks.

BTWā€¦July 2021 build date and only 1 rear hook.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That actually doesnā€™t look bad. I didnā€™t order a keypad for my MY2021 Cactus Gray WT because I thought the black keypad stuck out like a sore thumb. Anyone know if you can order and install a color-matched one after delivery?
Yes, I think you can, and you could use your points to do it.

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door sasquatch packages get an added rear sway bar
WTF, rear sway bars came with all jeeps except only the cheapest trim (SE) trim back in 2000. why does ford make that rear sway bar hard to get? I'm not here to start the "rear sway bar doesn't matter expect in the mountains" debate. This is the IFS off roader.

Sponsored

RSalami

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they are known as "anti roll bars" so they prevent you from rolling over in a turn.

Bad news is , if there is no disconnect , the badlands just became less capable and the rear articulation will be less....
This is not true. A properly setup rear sway bar will not stop axle articulation
Disconnecting the rear antiswaybar does not give more usable articulation/flex.
Ask the jeep fourms
For comparison look how thick the front sway bar is compared to the rear also the angles set from the links.

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I'm definitely removing the rear sway bar. It's good for folks not off roading all the time because it reduces the rolling effect, but if you do off road then it's going to limit your articulation climbing over rocks or whatever
I guess you didnā€™t watch the videoā€¦.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Truly & very disappointed by removal of the digital temp readouts on the climate controls. Despite their move to the dash middle screen.
Itā€™s a Jeep thing that Ford copiedā€¦LOL

AzGoat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Badlands 2022 window sticker (1/14/2022 build) shows two front and two rear tow hooks for reference. Not yet delivered.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have also noticed that you cannot order lux package on badlands anymore (2022) and I understand but I am glad mine has the lux package and I think you should still have a choice.
I think probably just a glitch. I went to build and price to check and can get lux on badlands up here but it deleted the aux switches, which then have to be added back on for an additional $250. This is on ford.ca.
Sponsored