First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Oil Slick Blue reminds me of Deep Impact Blue which is my favorite blue shade from Ford.
Sponsored

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up, oil slick looks great. Hoping Rapid Red stays for MY22 or something similar is added to the palette if not.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That Alas Blue tho! :love:

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am currently Cyber Orange but would seriously consider changing to Oil Slick Blue-Purple if the purple popped enough. Why not just leave the blue out of it.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a bad feeling once I get my dirt lot oxford white Bronco order in I am going to have big time FOMO on the green that will be available next year.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In yesterday's top announcement, they again specifically called out green as a '22 option. So obviously that "leaked" 22 MY color chart isn't complete, as it didn't have a green on it.

As the OP gets at - I also find it hard to believe they'd drop VB so soon - or at minimum not have a similar shade to replace it with (i.e. Atlas Blue).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thoughts on Ford Performance Blue or Leadfoot Gray? My guess is that since the "warthog" is kind of related to the Raptor and with the Tremor (or future Ranger Raptor); there would be a Ford SVT type of unique color shared across Warthog and Raptor

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ford Bronco MY22 Color options thread 5ECE2AB9-3EF5-42FA-8B1E-5C8A1711A31B

I think weā€™re all off
Note that his twatt was well before my post, especially taking time zone into consideration!

All the OTHER PEOPLES rumors are wrong in a number of ways!!!!!

My thread is only about TBD% off from reality. (Gunning for getting at least 2 or 3 of the colors right, but am feeling Yellowstone makes no sense with Cyber Orange.

Also the reason to leave it in! The Rockstars at Ford's Colors & Materials team are also the Rockstars that put together the MY21 color pallet, so they cannot be trusted to have taste or use logic.

The color lineup so bad on so many levels for the re-launch of a lifestyle brand.

Ford Bronco MY22 Color options thread MY21 Bronco colors

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thoughts on Ford Performance Blue or Leadfoot Gray? My guess is that since the "warthog" is kind of related to the Raptor and with the Tremor (or future Ranger Raptor); there would be a Ford SVT type of unique color shared across Warthog and Raptor
Click the MY22 Mustang article link. They went into Ford Performance Blue there.

Also has a newer, darker, even more pointless gray metallic for Mustang that Ipray doesn't go onto Bronco.

Also, its possible a new paint line goes up during the MY21/MY22 change-over, that would increase the line to have a Warthog/Raptor exclusive paint color (touched on briefly in the OP).

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Excellent work @Rick Astley . Deepest dive into colors so far with some solid fact based reasoning. (Even if Iā€™m praying to all things holy youā€™re dead wrong about atlas replacing VB. Iā€™d take the azure blue over this even.) Thabk you for the time invested. Iā€™m never gonna give you up, and you never let me down.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Excellent work @Rick Astley . Deepest dive into colors so far with some solid fact based reasoning. (Even if Iā€™m praying to all things holy youā€™re dead wrong about atlas replacing VB. Iā€™d take the azure blue over this even.) Thabk you for the time invested. Iā€™m never gonna give you up, and you never let me down.
Appreciate the compliment.

For your blue, from what we've seen across the Ford range, it does seem that Atlas is replacing VB fleetwide. Where Bronco goes is just guesswork right now.

FWIW: Praying to all holy things for death seems counter-intuitive šŸ¤Ŗ

I tried to leave speculation out of the OP and have some feelers out to a few sources about potential expansion at MAP for their paint facilities. I'm only a customer and don't have any manufacturing experience to have full knowledge of such things, but it would seem that given 6th gen Ranger, Ranger Raptor, Bronco Warthog, and Bronco special editions, that the number of paint options at MAP will need to expand from the current 12 to at least 15 before MY23 and the new Ranger launch.

Based on observation of the past 10+ years of Ford manufacturing, most plants seem to get 1 new color per year, if they expand at all. But MAP has suddenly gained a heritage model and the strong-performing Ranger, so it has to be said that:

rookie-numbers[1].gif
Sponsored