Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My side cameras have been glitchy since Day 1. They will suddenly not display an image, and I cannot find any trend when it happens, nor can I replicate the issue on demand. It's gone to multiple dealers multiple times to resolve, and they cannot reproduce the problem, so Ford won't approve any repairs despite the photos. I have another appointment next week as I continue having issues with the top, but that's another problem. They agreed to replace it but only replaced the canvas, not the frame. I still get a good amount of wind leaking in, sometimes light trails of water, and since they put the new fabric, it now flaps at high speed.

So, back to the cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can push to have this fixed? The warranty is running out and I need to get this fixed.
Ford Bronco Need Advice on how to Proceed/Escalate 20230317_135509-COLLAGE

Thanks!
Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question is - what specifically have they tested?
What you need to do is review the wiring schematic with the service manager to make sure each connection point and each component is tested. That is what needs to be written into the service order.

From what you provided, it seems the cameras are collecting the image. There could be connection issues between the cameras and the module. I would next have them swap out the processing module that feeds the display. Since the display does show the images, it is probably the module, or a camera connection to it, that is the problem.

Also ask the dealer to file a warranty extension request on this issue with the local Ford field rep. They do this to allow the dealership more time to troubleshoot difficult problems. Clearly something in wrong; it is a time consuming process of elimination to find what it is. You need time in between visits to confirm the issue is resolved.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The question is - what specifically have they tested?
What you need to do is review the wiring schematic with the service manager to make sure each connection point and each component is tested. That is what needs to be written into the service order.

From what you provided, it seems the cameras are collecting the image. There could be connection issues between the cameras and the module. I would next have them swap out the processing module that feeds the display. Since the display does show the images, it is probably the module, or a camera connection to it, that is the problem.

Also ask the dealer to file a warranty extension request on this issue with the local Ford field rep. They do this to allow the dealership more time to troubleshoot difficult problems. Clearly something in wrong; it is a time consuming process of elimination to find what it is. You need time in between visits to confirm the issue is resolved.
Thanks. I really like the suggestion to extend the warranty for this issue. What's interesting is one time I banged on the side mirror and the image popped up giving me the impression it was a loose connection but they said they confirmed all the connections. That only worked once, I've tried again and it's never resolved or. The other interesting part is this will happen and I'll try the 360 image again later without having restarted the Bronco and it will work fine.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same problem on mine.. Its so annoying, but a simple fix is to just fold them in and then out and it will work fine for some time lol

Sponsored

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same intermittent issue with my front camera only - it was hard to diagnose it, as when they behave, the individual connection checks will pass... even though they see the fault stored in the system. It doesn't allow them to pinpoint which component is causing the fault. Mine finally misbehaved on a check and they were able to chalk it up to the front camera itself.

My driver side mirror camera blinked out a couple weeks ago and I was like, great, here we go again - but it's been fine since. Hopefully just a fluke..

Good luck. Those intermittent issues are a pain :(

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My side cameras have been glitchy since Day 1. They will suddenly not display an image, and I cannot find any trend when it happens, nor can I replicate the issue on demand. It's gone to multiple dealers multiple times to resolve, and they cannot reproduce the problem, so Ford won't approve any repairs despite the photos. I have another appointment next week as I continue having issues with the top, but that's another problem. They agreed to replace it but only replaced the canvas, not the frame. I still get a good amount of wind leaking in, sometimes light trails of water, and since they put the new fabric, it now flaps at high speed.

So, back to the cameras. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can push to have this fixed? The warranty is running out and I need to get this fixed.

Thanks!
Their is a rear camera recall, check your vin # and your Ford account.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Their is a rear camera recall, check your vin # and your Ford account.
It's the two side cameras. If you look at the 360 pics you can see black areas where one of the two side cameras aren't working. Back camera never had an issue

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the same problem on mine.. Its so annoying, but a simple fix is to just fold them in and then out and it will work fine for some time lol
I've tried that. Worked once.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Thanks!
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this concern further? Thank you!

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's the two side cameras. If you look at the 360 pics you can see black areas where one of the two side cameras aren't working. Back camera never had an issue
It may be related as all the cameras work in unison for the overhead image.

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It may be related as all the cameras work in unison for the overhead image.
I am part of the recall and part of the work I requested next week.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership reinstalled the software. Yesterday both side cameras went out. It's not a hardware issue, but obviously something in the software of the module. Wife's '23 WT hasn't ever had a problem. Not sure why they can't fix it.

IMG_20240327_073548.jpg

OP
OP
jorgem31

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealership reinstalled the software. Yesterday both side cameras went out. It's not a hardware issue, but obviously something in the software of the module. Wife's '23 WT hasn't ever had a problem. Not sure why they can't fix it.

IMG_20240327_073548.jpg
I'll let you know what is done with mine. I'm told it's likely the module that processes the images. I have Ford involved now so we'll see
Sponsored