First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The instructions mention needing to remove the fender flares to install the kit. Is this really needed?
Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The instructions mention needing to remove the fender flares to install the kit. Is this really needed?
I didn't remove the fender flares and the install was much much easier than I expected. If you have extremely large hands or dexterity issues then it might be worth while to remove the flares.

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is there a way to wire these so that I could turn on only one light on each side? From what I can tell, Georgia law only allows a total of two fog lights, one in each side. I would like to wire it so one accessory switch turns on one white light on each side, and a separate accessory switch turns on one amber light on each side. Open to other brands/ideas, if easier. Super bright off-road lights not important to me. Thanks.

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have mine wired to two AUX switches, one for amber and one for white. The white lights keep flickering and eventually turning off, but the amber lights are totally fine. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked my wiring and everything seems fine as far as I can see.

Thank you

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FORD BRONCO SASQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the plastic bumper with fog lights on my 23 BB. I replaced it with a Chinese copy of the OEM HD Modular bumper. It's not a bad copy. I repainted it with Rustoleum Truck Bed Coating because there were reviews that said it rusted easily and the finish would scratch or flake off easily. I installed the Mabett lights. The passenger side went in with very little trouble other than loosening all the bolts in the end caps. the driver's side would not fit flush. I finally broke off the longer tab and then it fit just fine. I added the Ford red d-ring mounts (the copies were okay but they didn't have the small bolt that holds them to the bumper during install, etc). I also spent a little over $100 to load up on Bronco bolts. I had ordered 20 and that wasn't enough. I ordered 16 more and that should do it. I think I will have a couple too many but that's okay. So for about $1000 I will have the OEM look with some great Mabett lights.

I thought about hooking up the white lights to the fog light wiring (from the harness/switch that came with my BB). But Mabett says these lights are only for off-road driving (Is that right?). I didn't want to be that guy that drives on the road with super powerful lights every one else be deviled. Some how I guess I couldn't see the colors clearly and I ended up with AUX 6 and 3. Looks like the kit was supposed to come with some fancy connectors that were left out of my box. I used the old fashion way (with a heat gun). I ordered the fancy connectors so that I can easily swap the wiring.

PXL_20230728_191705486.jpg

PXL_20230728_191636390.jpg

PXL_20230728_151544489(1).jpg

PXL_20230727_181949563.jpg
@BobN - USAF looks great. I'm doing the exact same thing. Did you sand the bumper before applying? Can you take a few more photos of the finished bumper? Thanks

Sponsored

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend, 1942 Ford GPW (jeep)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@BobN - USAF looks great. I'm doing the exact same thing. Did you sand the bumper before applying? Can you take a few more photos of the finished bumper? Thanks
I will take some pictures today. That coating is some good stuff. My experience is that it wasn't going any where so no I didn't do any prep except maybe to dust it off. I keep it garaged but it has been in the rain on road trips. No rust that I recall....except from Ford production in other parts of the vehicle that they don't paint.

Attached now, are some ones I already have. The picture with the red circle is where I added a front facing camera as I only have the BB Mid package. I added a Hooke Off Road rack over the front seats and mounted a 7 inch monitor. https://amzn.to/462dQXI

And just for fun I spliced in a windshield wiper fluid line and connected it to a one way valve and nozzle (blue circle) so when I spray the windshield it sprays the camera. Spared no expense. LOL.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper closeup of bumper-winch camera and washer

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230901_133829797

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230821_162053898

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230816_194302839

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230819_185101211

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I will take some pictures today. That coating is some good stuff. My experience is that it wasn't going any where so no I didn't do any prep except maybe to dust it off. I keep it garaged but it has been in the rain on road trips. No rust that I recall....except from Ford production in other parts of the vehicle that they don't paint.

Attached now, are some ones I already have. The picture with the red circle is where I added a front facing camera as I only have the BB Mid package. I added a Hooke Off Road rack over the front seats and mounted a 7 inch monitor. https://amzn.to/462dQXI

And just for fun I spliced in a windshield wiper fluid line and connected it to a one way valve and nozzle (blue circle) so when I spray the windshield it sprays the camera. Spared no expense. LOL.

Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230819_185101211

@BobN - USAF thank you! As soon as i thought i was done you have to post that picture of your front camera. That is definitely on my list. Such a clean setup my friend

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here are some more pictures of my Chinese "OEM" HD Modular Bumper installed with the RC Mount, Warn EVO 10S, Mabett off road "fog" lights and fog lights mounted on the bumper with Tricky Distributions mounts (connect to the stock wiring so that it operates from the Ford fog light switch). For now I'm running the Broaddict front and engine bash plates. Can't really recommend except over original plastic guards as these are only 3mm thickness of aluminum. That comes in as 3/32s, not even an 1/8th. The transmission skid is thick aluminum by Mabett and the transfer case skid is by ASFIR at 1/4 inch aluminum. I plan on adding the fuel tank skid in the near future.

PXL_20231107_153600786.jpg

PXL_20231107_153558100.jpg

PXL_20231107_153554684.jpg

PXL_20231107_153539408.jpg

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here you go, inside white with factory fog switch to be street legal and aux switch turns on all four amber for off-road.
IMG_0839.jpeg
IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0841.jpeg
IMG_0842.jpeg
IMG_0843.jpeg
IMG_0844.jpeg
IMG_0845.jpeg
@river
Here you go, inside white with factory fog switch to be street legal and aux switch turns on all four amber for off-road.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20231107_153539408
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20231107_153539408
@Riverjeep I have a few questions. Did you ground to the factory harness? If wiring the white lights to factory harness how to you cutout the other two lights that don't turn on?

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@river

@Riverjeep I have a few questions. Did you ground to the factory harness? If wiring the white lights to factory harness how to you cutout the other two lights that don't turn on?
Ground goes to body and as to wiring I had to modify the Mabett harness to isolate just one white light on each side, the amber circuit overides the clear light when switched on.

Sponsored

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ground goes to body and as to wiring I had to modify the Mabett harness to isolate just one white light on each side, the amber circuit overides the clear light when switched on.
@Riverjeep thank you! Curious to if you brought the 2nd white light to an aux switch?

Riverjeep

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Riverjeep thank you! Curious to if you brought the 2nd white light to an aux switch?
Yes, forgot that part. Factory switch turned on 1 set of white lights, 1 aux switch for other 2 whites and 1 aux switch for all 4 yellow/amber lights.

B_Dominant

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, forgot that part. Factory switch turned on 1 set of white lights, 1 aux switch for other 2 whites and 1 aux switch for all 4 yellow/amber lights.
@Riverjeep I take it to have all four white lights you have to activate two with the fog switch and the other two with the aux switch? Thanks for the help btw

Indica

Heritage
First Name
Alek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Here are some more pictures of my Chinese "OEM" HD Modular Bumper installed with the RC Mount, Warn EVO 10S, Mabett off road "fog" lights and fog lights mounted on the bumper with Tricky Distributions mounts (connect to the stock wiring so that it operates from the Ford fog light switch). For now I'm running the Broaddict front and engine bash plates. Can't really recommend except over original plastic guards as these are only 3mm thickness of aluminum. That comes in as 3/32s, not even an 1/8th. The transmission skid is thick aluminum by Mabett and the transfer case skid is by ASFIR at 1/4 inch aluminum. I plan on adding the fuel tank skid in the near future.

Hey Bob. I'm currently running the older Mabett fog lights that tie into the headlight harness, but looking to switch to these. I also have a Big Bend and switched to the modular bumper, so I have the standard fog light harness (and factory switch) hiding back there. Did the included harness on these Raptor style fog lights plug right into the factory harness or did you need to add on different connectors? Thank you

BobN - USAF

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What I did was remove the harness from the old plastic bumper with fog lights and match the connectors. I believe I used these to run to some aftermarket fog lights.
https://amzn.to/47HH53b

I used a different connector for the Mabett lights but I tied them into the AUX switchs.
https://amzn.to/3SQ1tLe
Not really sure why I went with the 3 wire version but I would have compared to what was already there.

I'm not really a fan of these lights. They work okay but the plastic frame/housing give them a cheap appearance. Mine has already cracked at one of the bolt holes on the driver's side. Likely you can't see it but I know it is there. Picture before I installed the RC winch mount with Warn EVO 10S winch.
Ford Bronco New “Mabett” Raptor Style Fog Lights for modular bumper PXL_20230728_191705486
Sponsored