First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
This just reminds me of when Toyota joined NASCAR. All the bubbas were so pissed that a Jap car had infiltrated this great American sport... then it was pointed out that between the Ford, Chevy and Toyota only one of them was made in America. Can you guess which one?
...Not anymore !!
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People state a lot of things as fact that are opinions.
You mean like this???
There's only a few hundred produced and delivered Broncos with MIC, not 3000, according to premierdrum.

Does that change the computations at all?
Ok, he was right, it wasn't 3,000, it was 4,000.

"Ford recalled more than 4,000 Broncos already delivered to customers to replace the roofs at no charge to customers, according to the Detroit Free Press. "

I hate being wrong, but there you have it, I underestimated the number delivered.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You mean like this???

Ok, he was right, it wasn't 3,000, it was 4,000.

"Ford recalled more than 4,000 Broncos already delivered to customers to replace the roofs at no charge to customers, according to the Detroit Free Press. "

I hate being wrong, but there you have it, I underestimated the number delivered.
You don't hate being wrong, apparently you really really like it.
I didn't come up with the few hundred MICs delivered estimate, one of our insider members did.

I mean just yesterday you were whining about Ford halting all hardtop production in a conversation you had with someone. At least you had a disclaimer that "it might not be true" before whining about it some more.

And today there are scheduled build emails with MIC tops being posted multiple times here.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You don't hate being wrong, apparently you really really like it.
I didn't come up with the few hundred MICs delivered estimate, one of our insider members did.

I mean just yesterday you were whining about Ford halting all hardtop production in a conversation you had with someone. At least you had a disclaimer that "it might not be true" before whining about it some more.

And today there are scheduled build emails with MIC tops being posted multiple times here.
And I said that I would be both happy and amazed if they actually built them with production ready tops.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco Bastards.com has to be the journalism equivalent of "my dealer said".

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco Bastards.com has to be the journalism equivalent of "my dealer said".
Yeah the Wuhan details from the Ford exec are interesting (and new, I think?), but the bending/leaking rumor from some random website don't even qualify as "a spin" in my book. Think I would trust the average 6G "dealer said" thread more than that.

I'm not saying all the recall issues were in fact "cosmetic", but no one from Ford/Webasto has credibly leaked alternative reasons for the recall so far. Nor has Ford changed its story.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BuY aMeRiCan!

Toyota makes the most cars in America, while using the most parts sources from the US as well.

This is supposed to be my first "American" made car. My Subaru was made in Indiana, but my Ford will be mostly Mexican and Chinese...awesome.
Made possible by Ford's "Chief Diversity Officer". 🤪

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Quoting this because it is important. The roof bending claim in the article is attributed to a website called Bronco Bastards - not Ford employees.
That only proves we're not the only one's making claims that may or may not be true.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The initial tops that were extensively tested and OK'd were made at a rapid prototype shop in Germany by Webasto and didn't exhibit any of these issues. For whatever reason that I'm not aware of, the actual tooling used in the factory could not reliably produce the panels according to spec. Which resulted in the exposed edges. The internal honeycomb structure is compressed cellulose because it's very thermally stable dimensionally to counteract the thermal instability of the plastic. However it's highly dimensionally unstable when exposed to moisture so the edges MUST be completely sealed.
I am strongly of the opinion that the Germans who made the prototypes saw the flaws in the drawings and made them right anyways, and management ignored their worries about the tops as designed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
LEAK'S!?!? So now my Bronco sitting at dirt mountain may be leaking? It will come in smelling like a swamp donkey inside!!!
They'll include a tree air freshener with the scent of your choice. :D
Sponsored