Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question about subwoofer placement. Any reason I cant face the sub drivers towards the front seats? I know people usually face them towards the back, but trying to better protect them.

I have the speakers all installed. The amp install is in progress. Took it to a shop today, they had issues installing the amps so I need to take it back for them to get the calibration straight, i guess they havent done one before.
You can face them to the front. Leave a gap (an inch should be sufficient). Here's a video that talks about different firing positions.
Sponsored

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You can face them to the front. Leave a gap (an inch should be sufficient). Here's a video that talks about different firing positions.
ok thanks. I am much more familiar with sub placement for home theater than car audio lol. I didn’t think it would matter but wanted to confirm. I will have at least 4-5” behind the seat of space so should be good.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What some people do is a shallow mount down firing box that is around the same height as the folded down seats. Kicker makes some nice loaded subs in this configuration.

OP
OP
marjen

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What some people do is a shallow mount down firing box that is around the same height as the folded down seats. Kicker makes some nice loaded subs in this configuration.
I already have the box. It’s 12” deep as my sun is about 8” deep.
Sponsored