boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure this information is likely buried in some other threads but it seems that some of this info is difficult to navigate through threads that are 30-60+ pages deep. My question(s) are around the base front speaker setup (dash and kick panel speakers)...

Based on a wiring diagram I ran across, it seems the dash + kick panel speakers are essentially a component setup, where Front Left = left dash + left kick fed off a single "front left" channel and Front Right = right dash + right kick, coming off a single "front right" channel from the head unit.

I'm guessing the 4" dash speakers have an inline high-pass filter (bass blocker), so they filter out most of the low end (which would be handled by the kick panel "woofers"). If so, are these filters on the 4" speakers directly or are they downstream in the wiring, closer to the kick panel speakers (or on the kick panel speakers directly)?

My second question is with respect to the kick panel speaker. In the reverse of the above do they have a low-pass filter (to block highs) or do the kick panels see the full frequency spectrum? If they do have low pass filters, again, are they on the speakers directly or elsewhere.

Thanks folks!
Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The 4” has a built in capacitor to the speaker itself. The 6.5” has no filter, the stock unit is highly EQ’d though

OP
OP
boomboomthump

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OK, thanks!