Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

someone may have already mentioned this somewhere in this thread........ With Ford now offering a 2" lift it gives us more ammo to say my 2" lifted truck should have 0 warranty denials due to the lift. Of course there is still room for well it's not a Ford lift claim, however this opens the door at least
This is my thoughts exactly. Sure you can get a possibly better lift for a more affordable price outside of Ford BUT they will deny any warranty claims you try and make and say it was the non-Ford aftermarket lift that caused the issue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully they come out with an actual Full Size Bronco option based off the F150 platform in the coming years. They said the Bronco name was going to be its own line of vehicles and options/models (like the sport), so hoping that will be in the future. I spoke with a Ford development engineer a few months ago that was out trying an off-roadeo and I brought that up to him. He just said "no comment" with a big smile on his face. So one may be in the works. I know its not for everyone, but I would love one personally. I do love my current midsize Bronco, but would love the option to go full size 2 door again. Could have the sport, Bronco, and Bronco XL. Great lineup right there.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*late availability

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m just patiently waiting on the PHEV refreshed bronco

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So if OHV no longer means overhead valve but off highway vehicle, is ORV "on road vehicle?

And isn't past time for the following versions?

Bronco Harley-Davidson
Bronco King Ranch
Bronco Timberland
Bronco Eddie Bauer

Or are they "extending" the nameplate to include Bronco Baby Sport. Certainly won't be a Bronco with a pickup bed although IMHO there ought to be
Already was a Bronco Eddie Bauer starting back in the Gen 3 daysā€¦

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hopefully they come out with an actual Full Size Bronco option based off the F150 platform in the coming years. They said the Bronco name was going to be its own line of vehicles and options/models (like the sport), so hoping that will be in the future. I spoke with a Ford development engineer a few months ago that was out trying an off-roadeo and I brought that up to him. He just said "no comment" with a big smile on his face. So one may be in the works. I know its not for everyone, but I would love one personally. I do love my current midsize Bronco, but would love the option to go full size 2 door again. Could have the sport, Bronco, and Bronco XL. Great lineup right there.
A full size 4G parked next to me recently and I noticed that the wheelbase & overall length were almost identical to my 6G four door! So when I got time I found specs on the ā€œfull sizeā€ as you say and discovered that not only are wheelbase & overall length within decimal points of each other, so is track width, ground clearance, approach angle, departure angle, breakover angle ā€¦ all within a tenth of an inch or tenth of a degree !!!

Therefore my friend I submit that what we have is indeed a full size. I wouldnā€™t want to try wheeling in an XL.

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A full size 4G parked next to me recently and I noticed that the wheelbase & overall length were almost identical to my 6G four door! So when I got time I found specs on the ā€œfull sizeā€ as you say and discovered that not only are wheelbase & overall length within decimal points of each other, so is track width, ground clearance, approach angle, departure angle, breakover angle ā€¦ all within a tenth of an inch or tenth of a degree !!!

Therefore my friend I submit that what we have is indeed a full size. I wouldnā€™t want to try wheeling in an XL.
You're comparing 4 doors vs 2 doors of full size. And even still dimensions are close. If you've ever owned a full size, you would know this is not true at all that the current gen is full size. There is no comparison in actual size of the vehicles, body, and especially inside the cab. My 1990 Bronco is SO much bigger than my sasquatch 6G. The reason the numbers are comparable when you look them up is because all the measurements you see are measuring from outside the massive sasquatch fender flares and counting that as the same "width" (tires stick way outside the body on 6G). While the full size Broncos body goes all the way out and covers the tires. As far as length goes, that are comparing 4 door lengths which of course will make it bigger, because it has 2 extra doors. But I can assure you as owning both, there is no comparison in actual body, size and room inside of a full size vs even a 4 door 6G. You can prove this easily by measuring the actual body itself (not flares), and measuring inside the cab from side window to side window and windshield to tailgate window. Ranger is not a full size truck, it is a mid sized. Bronco is on the same platform as a Ranger. So therefore my friend, no, we do not have a full size Bronco option yet by any means.

Last edited:

TangoHunter

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2016 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I canā€™t afford their ā€œentry levelā€ trims so who gives a sh*t.

Sponsored

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Talk to me like Iā€™m 5. What did that release say about new Bronco variants and models? I read the release and I didnā€™t see anything eluding to that.
That's because it's the wrong press release. That's the Q3 earnings.

There is another press release out that that basically says:
Things that say "Bronco" sell well. So, we are going to make more things that say "Bronco"

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You're comparing 4 doors vs 2 doors of full size. And even still dimensions are close. If you've ever owned a full size, you would know this is not true at all that the current gen is full size. There is no comparison in actual size of the vehicles, body, and especially inside the cab. My 1990 Bronco is SO much bigger than my sasquatch 6G. The reason the numbers are comparable when you look them up is because all the measurements you see are measuring from outside the massive sasquatch fender flares and counting that as the same "width" (tires stick way outside the body on 6G). While the full size Broncos body goes all the way out and covers the tires. As far as length goes, that are comparing 4 door lengths which of course will make it bigger, because it has 2 extra doors. But I can assure you as owning both, there is no comparison in actual body, size and room inside of a full size vs even a 4 door 6G. You can prove this easily by measuring the actual body itself (not flares), and measuring inside the cab from side window to side window and windshield to tailgate window. Ranger is not a full size truck, it is a mid sized. Bronco is on the same platform as a Ranger. So therefore my friend, no, we do not have a full size Bronco option yet by any means.
@BricknoseBronco you sound a little angry. I hope thatā€™s not true because you are blessed with an awesome 2 door Bronco as well as an XXXL F350.

Roughly a decade ago when Ford was displaying various concepts at car shows I wrote Ford corporate, addressed to Marketing, wherein I politely told them what I wanted and why. I told them how Iā€™ve owned multiple F150s and F250s as well as Tacomas and Jeeps of various sizes, and that I would be in the market in the 2020ā€™s with money-in-hand for a midsize off roader that I can easily tow behind a Ford-chassis motorhome. I went on to politely inform them that Jeep makes this nice thing called a Wrangler which, if they didnā€™t make what I want then Iā€™ll simply and literally go across the street and buy the Jeep instead of the Ford. No yelling or ranting, merely a nice letter to corporate headquarters.

I got what I wanted. šŸ˜€
If you want something different may I suggest that you make some nice phone calls and write some carefully written letters?
Sponsored