First Name
Noby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How about just delivering on 2021-22 models....make it so we can get a painted "finished" hard top on a Bronco....enough with "variants" we can never have...

Sponsored

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if I told you a vehicle could be more "luxury" and not lose the off-road capabilities? What if I told you there was even a market for such things? A nice interior doesn't mean it can't off-road.

If they made a nicer interior - better materials, added heated / cooled seats, and a bit more tech (bluecruise?), I'd come back over and pick one up. Even better if it were a hybrid of some sort.
Oh I understand there is a market for such things. Thatā€™s why Land Rovers, Range Rovers, G wagons, Lexus exists. I just really love the mentality of make things more expensive, and less achievable, and squeeze more money from an avid buying group. It sickens me to see the 2021 BL and FEs on the lot being sold for $104,000, when some of us reservation holders canā€™t seem to get ours scheduled for production. There is a market for stripped down off roaders that are capable but donā€™t have all the frills, but there arenā€™t many manufacturers that want to cater to that low class knuckledragger scumbag like me.
This whole bubble is going to burst.
I agree the materials on the interior could definitely use an upgrade. The material on the mic top that are still having problems need an upgrade.
ā€œIf you donā€™t have manual everything and donā€™t crank start your engine by hand- all while your seat punches you in the sack randomly as you drive- you arenā€™t allowed to own one of these!ā€

-Purists
lol! Love this.
I am by no means a purist. Iā€™m simply poor. Barrier to entry in off-roading is a fat paycheck. I want something rugged, affordable and reliable. But Iā€™d also like to not have to sell a kidney to get it. Or wait 3 years.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I understand there is a market for such things. Thatā€™s why Land Rovers, Range Rovers, G wagons, Lexus exists. I just really love the mentality of make things more expensive, and less achievable, and squeeze more money from an avid buying group. It sickens me to see the 2021 BL and FEs on the lot being sold for $104,000, when some of us reservation holders canā€™t seem to get ours scheduled for production. There is a market for stripped down off roaders that are capable but donā€™t have all the frills, but there arenā€™t many manufacturers that want to cater to that low class knuckledragger scumbag like me.
This whole bubble is going to burst.
I agree the materials on the interior could definitely use an upgrade. The material on the mic top that are still having problems need an upgrade.
I get the "basic" side of it. My first car was an 85 Ranger with no power steering, no power brakes, a manual, and just painted metal for a headliner (and a real nasty hot vinyl seat). I still sort of miss that thing. I still wish I had the money to purchase that uncut rear-fender 66 Bronco I looked at in like, 2002, as well. Basic but so much fun..

These days I can't have a daily and a separate "fun" vehicle, and while I think the Bronco would have been good for me, what I ended up with when I got tired of the wait has been a better fit. I'm not a removable top guy, and the weather here is usually hot trash, so non-removable and more sound insulated with more options (cooled seat) would be good. I definitely don't want to lose the off-road prowess, but I don't need a rock crawler, either. What I have now is no mall crawler.

I DO still think they need to keep the base around (and I bet sales tell them so, too).

VegasJason

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley 04 FLHRSI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get the "basic" side of it. My first car was an 85 Ranger with no power steering, no power brakes, a manual, and just painted metal for a headliner (and a real nasty hot vinyl seat). I still sort of miss that thing. I still wish I had the money to purchase that uncut rear-fender 66 Bronco I looked at in like, 2002, as well. Basic but so much fun..

These days I can't have a daily and a separate "fun" vehicle, and while I think the Bronco would have been good for me, what I ended up with when I got tired of the wait has been a better fit. I'm not a removable top guy, and the weather here is usually hot trash, so non-removable and more sound insulated with more options (cooled seat) would be good. I definitely don't want to lose the off-road prowess, but I don't need a rock crawler, either. What I have now is no mall crawler.

I DO still think they need to keep the base around (and I bet sales tell them so, too).
Agreed! Iā€™m a Harley guy. There are plenty of types of us. More chrome than the silver surfer, heated grips, nav, types - or like me, simple, chopped, classic, black, get the job done types. We accept all types. We support all crawlers weather they be rockers or mallers! Nothing but respect. But salt makes the wait taste a bit better some days.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to single you out but Iā€™m sorta tired of the whole my Bronco configuration is so much better than yours etc. etc. I have a 4 door soft top and love it, it is perfect just as Iā€™m sure your rig is also perfect.
It's not so much "hard top is better than soft top" as it is a preference for hard tops (based on self-submitted data to bronco6g) that people compromised on to get their vehicle faster. Every 2-door is hard top, every 2022 Wildtrak was a hard top.

Right now, Advance Fiberglass Concepts is the only aftermarket hard top supplier, and charges $5-6K. With some competition and lower prices, I can see people buying aftermarket hard tops to replace their soft tops, or for winter usage.

Sponsored

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 2 wheel drive only Bronco would be anathema to a purist, but because of reduced cost (no 4 wheel drive parts, etc..), it would sell like hotcakes to soccer moms, mall crawlers and cheap posers.
Great Idea !

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly this. When I was SUV-shopping in a pre-VIN panic I was shocked how many 4Runners and FJ Cruisers were available on lots and 2ndhand sales that were 2WD only. Insanity.

I could also see these variants being Subaru-esque AWD's to maintain feigned characteristics of a Bronco, but with the luxury amenities that they suggested in the article. Up to & including a 1-piece hardtop that's intended to be more permanent than the current panel systems.
Fixed Roof should be a option .

USMCAg

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really don't care what changes Ford has in mind - as long as the option of a manual is still there. Otherwise, I'm out. Of course, I would have no problem with Ford adding the option of the 2.7 with a manual. šŸ˜‹
Expect to get about 10,000 likes on this brother. Had the F-150 still come with a manual transmission and 4WD I'd have bought one of them instead of a Bronco just for the towing. After I pay mine off early and add the snorkel, I'll work on that aspect.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A 2 wheel drive only Bronco would be anathema to a purist, but because of reduced cost (no 4 wheel drive parts, etc..), it would sell like hotcakes to soccer moms, mall crawlers and cheap posers.
Bean Counters only listen to other Bean Counters .

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

F-150 Super Duty :unsure:
Chevy called it the Heavy Half Package

If I remember, my 90 1500 OBS Scottsdale had 2500 Springs, Brakes and heavier diff on the 1/2 ton frame but still 6 lug wheels. Only about 400 or 500 pounds extra GVWR.

For Ford, a F150 SD is probably just a
re-badging the old Camper Package or Camper Special for the booming Overland Market
Sponsored