Dangerdad1101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Ram Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone, love the show, long time listener first time caller.

I’ve been lurking around on here unregistered for a few months, keeping up with some topics and doing general research. After selling my 2018 RAM HD last month for a hefty profit I’ve decided to pull the trigger on ordering a Bronco. No reservation, but it seems like that won't hurt me too much because of the lovely way Ford is handling allocations, etc.

My first vehicle was an ‘86 Bronco almost 20 years ago, so I’ve followed the concepts and news closely. I think I’ve narrowed my choice down to a Carb Gray Badlands/MIC/Lux/4-door/2.7/auto/non-sas. My main question is since people are starting to receive their Broncos and I’ve seen a few running around the DFW area does anyone have any dealer recommendations in the area? I’ve got an email sent out to some around me but I don’t mind going further out to get the right deal and most importantly a dealer who won’t try the ADM game.

Any and all insight is appreciated, and I want to say thanks for all the info that I’ve already gathered from just watching this forum.
Sponsored

Reactions: abe

TKFIVE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t received my Bronco yet (scheduled to be built 11/22), but so far my interaction with Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney has been good. They seem to be working as a team as I tend to get communication from several different people, but they are responsive.

They are not marking up the price of my Bronco, so that is great as well.

goodgraf

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone, love the show, long time listener first time caller.

I’ve been lurking around on here unregistered for a few months, keeping up with some topics and doing general research. After selling my 2018 RAM HD last month for a hefty profit I’ve decided to pull the trigger on ordering a Bronco. No reservation, but it seems like that won't hurt me too much because of the lovely way Ford is handling allocations, etc.

My first vehicle was an ‘86 Bronco almost 20 years ago, so I’ve followed the concepts and news closely. I think I’ve narrowed my choice down to a Carb Gray Badlands/MIC/Lux/4-door/2.7/auto/non-sas. My main question is since people are starting to receive their Broncos and I’ve seen a few running around the DFW area does anyone have any dealer recommendations in the area? I’ve got an email sent out to some around me but I don’t mind going further out to get the right deal and most importantly a dealer who won’t try the ADM game.

Any and all insight is appreciated, and I want to say thanks for all the info that I’ve already gathered from just watching this forum.
Stay away from Grapevine Ford. Not sure of exact ADM but selling this Badlands for $83k.

Screenshot_20211020-231152_Chrome.jpg

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Drive out of state. Aurora, Colorado.

Or fly up north and drive home. My small town dealer in northwestern PA will treat you like family.

My son drove from Charlotte,NC to the middle of Michigan for his RAM.

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got an incredible deal at Bob Utter Ford in Sherman, communication has been hit or miss, but I’m the over the top type and they’ve satiated my needs well enough compared to others I’ve dealt with closer to my home town of Frisco.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dangerdad1101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Ram Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t received my Bronco yet (scheduled to be built 11/22), but so far my interaction with Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney has been good. They seem to be working as a team as I tend to get communication from several different people, but they are responsive.

They are not marking up the price of my Bronco, so that is great as well.
Bob Tomes was a dealer I originally spoke to around September, and told them I would be waiting until the 2022 banks were announced. I will say that they seemed proactive as they called me every other day until the banks opened.
Stay away from Grapevine Ford. Not sure of exact ADM but selling this Badlands for $83k.

Ford Bronco New guy looking for dealer advice in DFW Screenshot_20211020-231152_Chrome
Yeah, I had seen some negative stuff about Grapevine. I’ve never trusted any dealers in that area.
Hey! DFW here and I have talked to a TON of dealers in the area and can help a bunch. I don't feel good about putting anyone on blast, but I can break down pricing and dealers if you message me.

I have one dealership doing MSRP with absolutely ZERO dealer addons, one with a much shorter list but about 1200 in dealer addons, but also a fairly small dealership, and then the rest are doing adm or dealer addons that make it a waste of time.

I'm a bit obsessive over this and have done a ton of legwork. I'm glad to share my weeks of stress with you to make your life easier.
That would be a ton of help and very, very much appreciated. I’ll send a PM shortly.
I got an incredible deal at Bob Utter Ford in Sherman, communication has been hit or miss, but I’m the over the top type and they’ve satiated my needs well enough compared to others I’ve dealt with closer to my home town of Frisco.
Bob Utter was one of the first dealers I noticed in the area with a Bronco on the lot, a two door. I’ll put them on the short list, thank you.

TXBronco01

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco New guy looking for dealer advice in DFW Screenshot_20211020-231152_Chrome
I will second this. Grapevine Ford is my local dealer but I learned long ago not to be a customer unless I want to overpay and get terrible service.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Grapevine, the town , or more precisely the school district, is on the national radar for recent actions that the reporter was in Wisconsin while it aired on Today, today

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glen Polk Ford in Gainesville , about 30mi north of DFW, did me straight. No add ons, msrp. But they are a small store, so may have limited allocations.

Sponsored

TXBronco01

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ended up driving out to Marshall, TX about 2 ish hours east of DFW depending on where you are. Marshall Ford is small but they are fair. I was their first retail delivery. Great customer service and we were in contact frequently throughout this whole waiting process. They're invested in the Bronco too as at least a handful of employees are buying one personally. I believe for orders they are sticking to MSRP. The only concern with them might be their allocations for 22 since they are small.

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
SURPRISINGLY I got my Wildtrak from Grapevine ford and didnt have any issues. I was new to the area when I ordered and didnt know better. I was never updated on status only notified when the truck arrived and was asked if I wanted tint and front license plate mounted.

They didnt markup anything and purchased the truck at MSRP as long as I finance with them (Im sure I didnt the get the best deal there but in the process of refinancing with my local credit union). Finance guy also didnt push any product and was able to get us out in less than two hours.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Bob Tomes was a dealer I originally spoke to around September, and told them I would be waiting until the 2022 banks were announced. I will say that they seemed proactive as they called me every other day until the banks opened.

Yeah, I had seen some negative stuff about Grapevine. I’ve never trusted any dealers in that area.

That would be a ton of help and very, very much appreciated. I’ll send a PM shortly.
Bob Utter was one of the first dealers I noticed in the area with a Bronco on the lot, a two door. I’ll put them on the short list, thank you.
Bob Utter has enough orders to carry them through 2023 I think, we did a group-buy with them and I think they have WAY more orders than allocation (but if you're willing to wait, I don't think they are marking up new orders). In fact, your challenge is going to be finding a dealer that won't mark it up AND has the allocation (mostly based on large volume), to get you one in only 1 year.

TXBronco01

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 VB OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SURPRISINGLY I got my Wildtrak from Grapevine ford and didnt have any issues. I was new to the area when I ordered and didnt know better. I was never updated on status only notified when the truck arrived and was asked if I wanted tint and front license plate mounted.

They didnt markup anything and purchased the truck at MSRP as long as I finance with them (Im sure I didnt the get the best deal there but in the process of refinancing with my local credit union). Finance guy also didnt push any product and was able to get us out in less than two hours.
Congrats on getting a Wildtrak!! From my experiences and many others I know if the area...seems you got lucky with your experience. Happy for you!
Sponsored