First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry. This is a long story but here is a somewhat short summary.

• I have an October/Grangetober save $2k Granger reservation. Have a business in W. Des Moines so going up there to pickup no big deal.
  • Placed a second reservation in Feb 2021 local thinking after getting first one I might want one to just play with.
  • Didn't want to be year 1 so didn't place order when window first opened.
  • Contacted via email March 1, 2021 by Sean Masters with him asking if they can convert my res to an order since Ford requests they convert ALL orders by 3/19/21. I reply back on the question asking "2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No." my reply was NOT YET WAITING 22
  • I see many folks are having success with new orders for limited so I visit dealership with my second order. We talk over some things and ultimately find common ground on what I want to do. Given the allocation challenges at Granger, if I were to switch my October reservation form Granger to them I'd be 3rd in line at their dealership. Sold. They tell me to contact Ford customer service to switch the Granger res to them so I can get the earlier time stamp.
  • Ford customer support surprises me and tells me they can't move the reservation because it's actually been converted to an order at Granger. I'm stunned.
  • I log onto the Ford owner site Jan 25 2022 and see that my Granger res is actually in order status since March 18,2021 I did not get anything from Ford or Granger indicating that my res had been converted.
  • I reach out to Zach via Bronco6g and he tells me to contact the dealership/Hunter. Can't ever seem to find anyone who can talk Bronco there at the dealership when I call so I send the email with various pieces of information and letting them know I'm not ok with this order being placed.
  • Ultimately I go back and forth with Hunter for a while. He tells me I gave them permission, I send him my email showing I didn't, he says there isn’t anything they can do to switch it back to a reservation and I’d need to get Ford corp to do it.
  • I call Ford corp back and after about an hour on the phone talking with three people they tell me they can’t and that the dealership needs to contact their regional/area rep who can help. They also tell me that they just had this happen earlier that day (1/27) so it should be doable.
  • I pass that along to Hunter who tells me they don’t have any way of calling their rep but that he’d send an email (this seems odd).
  • Hunter gets back to me with the reps answer and basically it’s that the best she can do is put me in a 99 status (Hunter said I already was) and that was it. Hunter then tells me “. Your only options right now are to cancel or keep your order as is”. Keep in mind I didn’t choose whatever they put on order so it’s not anywhere close to what I want.
  • I reach out to Zach via 6g and he says said him the emails and he’ll check into it Friday 1/28.
  • I do so. I’ve now been back and forth with Zach at least weekly and as of today his final answer is basically that there isn’t anything they can do and that he’s hit a dead end.

Other users on this forum have been told by Granger that they can transfer an order from Granger to another dealer but apparently nobody I’ve asked at Granger seems to know how to do that either so sorry to those of you that have been told that.

So I’m reaching out to see if anyone here can tell me how to get my Granger converted my res to an order without my permission and didn’t tell me time stamp onto my now later reservation was converted to the actual order I wanted at a different dealership?

TL;DR – Granger converted my reservation to an order after I said not to without me knowing. Now that I can switch to a local dealer to be 3rd on their list Granger is telling me I can’t switch it back to a reservation and I can’t get their wrong order transferred to another dealer with my actual order to keep my time stamp……. So I can either cancel or keep their order which isn’t anything along the lines of what model/features I wanted. Can anyone help me with how to get this back to a reservation or how to get their order transferred to my local dealer?
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
To be honest I don’t think your reservation even matters anymore unless you want Everglades...or a raptor in the future.

I’d cancel that order if it’s not what you want.

not a damn soul at Ford (corporate/dealer) knows wtf is going on...I do know that for certain.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You aren't and weren't going to get an existing reservation that had been converted to an order transferred to another dealer anyway, no matter what anyone here or there or Ford cooperate says. Ford won't do it. Lot's of folks tried to get their reservation transferred before they reordered their 22' after their 21' order didn't get filled. Ford wouldn't do it.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So much has changed since October2020. If you/they can't get it moved, Id suggest trying to see what Granger can do for you.

You could be 3 at the other dealer, but you still have to consider commodity constraints and dealer allocation.

Sounds like FORD is trying to make a push to clear 2020 RSVP's. I would ask Granger how many 2020 RSVPS they have and where you stand among the 2020 reservations.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wasn’t 99 the status of an order that was converted but purposely pushed to next model year? I could see how your response that you were waiting for the next year could have ended up that way.
That's what I got out of it as well. When I placed my order I originally wanted to wait for 22 as well(long before any of the delays were obvious) because I didn't want to chance my Bronco showing up before my lease was up LOL.

so my order was put in and set to 99.

Basically keeping my place/order but don't build it. Once I saw the s*** hitting the fan with the hardtops and stuff changed my build and told sean to un 99 me and by luck/miracle/randomness got scheduled.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, sadly Ford's guidance at the time was to convert all orders and if someone wanted to wait for a 2022 or beyond, convert it and code it 99 (do not build).

I don't think any dealer in the Country would have done it any differently. Not that it helps you, just unfortunate that you innocently chose that phrasing, it matched what Ford had in the guidance. There was no way for you to know (or Granger) at the time that Ford would disallow transfers of unscheduled orders in the future. Hell, Levine even suggested moving orders 8 months later, so he did not even know that Ford was not going to permit it and he is head of communications at Ford.

While I am sure you feel it was malicious or incompetent for them to convert, I suspect you are in the minority in that belief, but your feelings are no less valid than anyone else's. You might want to consider that Granger would have had to know you would try to transfer away later and know that Ford would abandon reservation numbers and the build all reservation before stock terms 10 months before Ford did it. Pretty much crosses malicious off the list at least. The incompetent is a tough one as well as they did what Ford directed them to do. Blame away if it helps... Good luck in getting your build sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much has changed since October2020. If you/they can't get it moved, Id suggest trying to see what Granger can do for you.
I tried through Granger via Zach but everything I've been advised to try has been a dead end. Apparently if my order hadn't been converted they could have sacrificed one of my reservations and transferred the res date to the other but since Granger converted it that's no longer an option.

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wasn’t 99 the status of an order that was converted but purposely pushed to next model year? I could see how your response that you were waiting for the next year could have ended up that way.
I'm not sure how. Below is the email with my responses in bold.

Thanks for reaching out Sean and welcome to the team. I am waiting till 22 please. As to the below

In summary:
1. B&P your Bronco. NOT YET WAITING 22
2. Permission to Convert your Order Yes or No. NOT YET WAITING 22
3. Bronco MY 2021 or 2022. WAITING 22
4. Are you Financing? Yes or No. MOST LIKELY DEPENDING UPON RATES
5. Are you Trading in a Vehicle? Yes or No. POSSIBLY
6. Are you Flying in to take Delivery? Yes or No POSSIBLY

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for reaching out Sean and welcome to the team. I am waiting till 22 please. As to the below

In summary:
I thought all orders at that time could do one of two things, convert the order the way you wanted it for a chance at a '21 or purposely make it a 99 because you didn't want it to get picked up so you could guarantee it would be a '22 plus.

Sounds like they took "waiting for 22" as you wanted them to 99 the order. I agree, you didn't tell them you wanted to 99 the order, but you said you didn't want a '21 with that wording, so I'm guessing it just got 99d since they had to take an action on those orders as far as I thought.

I'm sorry OP, that isn't a great situation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought all orders at that time could do one of two things, convert the order the way you wanted it for a chance at a '21 or purposely make it a 99 because you didn't want it to get picked up so you could guarantee it would be a '22 plus.
I get that I'm likely screwed but the other dealership requested similar on my reservation with them and I told them the same. They did not change the reservation to an order. If it wasn't a reservation I'd be able to move it just fine.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, what is your build? If you are not wanting a Bronco, have Granger un-99 your order to your desired build. Next, find a local, trustworthy dealer and place and order with them to your spec before March 7th. Not much else you can do at this point.

Also, not to blame the "victim" here, but the Granger email clearly asked for a yes or no answer. Having not answered correctly you left it up for interpretation. Seeing as how they had 1000+ emails to go through they did what they thought was best and moved on to the next in line.

reaper5252006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In summary:
TBH this is how screw ups happen, you were given options to respond (Yes or No), not open ended for each question - if you would have answered No on Question 2 then you would have been all good.

OP
OP
kje22kje

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok great. Not yet seems pretty clear to me but you are correct in that they had so many orders things can get confused. I'd advise anyone else who thinks they have a reservation with Granger to check and be sure they weren't converted in the confusion.

My build is Badlands, Ox white, 4dr, lux, m/t tires, soft top. I'm a little irritated at how Granger has handled this so I'm not inclined to go through with the sale with them. There should be a mechanism by which to fix this either through Granger or Ford., which both told me there was and neither turned out to be right.

I'm hoping someone out there has been able to move an order from one dealer to another and can point me towards how to do it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So if they placed your order and 99’ed it, they may have done you a favor as you’re price protected. Now you just need to figure out how to transfer it without losing your price protection.
Sponsored