First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Seems you should be wearing a helmet if you're going to drive that aggressively.
@CalvinT you should probably wear a helmet cause your comment is retarded. I just did 1200 miles in Mexico through some of the roughest roads and never even was a concern. 🤣🤣
Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CalvinT you should probably wear a helmet cause your comment is retarded. I just did 1200 miles in Mexico through some of the roughest roads and never even was a concern. 🤣🤣
You missed my point. That comment was for bkfit. He seemed so concerned about his head making contact with the mount system. Maybe he should wear a helmet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the cross member piece meant to be a reinforcement to the frame like ford performance piece (raptor). Doesn't seem to be as beefy and bolted in as the Ford Performance piece.
This product is not a frame structural brace, but solely meant to provide locations to mount accessories.

Do we know if it is Raptor Compatible? Most of these interfere with that additional brace.
At this moment I do not have a answer for you. When this production batch is complete, I will be test fitting on a 2 door bronco as well as a raptor.

So genuinely curious - what are people using these for? The best thing I could think of is it would be a decent place for a tear-away IFAK.

This just seems like a solution looking for a problem.
The main reason I developed the product is to mount a switch pro, 60watt radio, interior lighting, and any other accessory that needs to be readily available. This product is a universal mounting solution for the creative minds of the bronco owners!!!

like the concept, but hope they find some way to install on Bronco with existing aux switches.
This product is based around the factory aux switches.

I already have a TrailRax rack. Does that prevent me installing the OMS Crossmember? It looks like I'd have to remove the middle hard top panel, which isn't a problem.
Unfortunately I can not answer this question as I have not installed it on a vehicle that has the trailrax rack.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Ultimate Overhead Mount System for Your Bronco!

Lobo Off-Road’s Overhead Mount System is the ultimate solution for securely mounting electronics, interior lighting and other gear inside your Bronco’s cockpit, out of the way, overhead. The system is fully adjustable with countless possibilities for mounting accessories.

F6-42-3100_J-2400w.jpg

This complete OMS Kit includes:

(1) OMS Front Mount
(1) OMS Center Stringer (includes 2 Adjustable Accessory Brackets)
(1) OMS Crossmember

F6-42-3100_A-1500sq.jpg

The OMS Front Mount ties the OMS system into your Bronco’s front overhead structure. It can also be installed by itself to be used for an auxiliary switch system or as a compact overhead storage and mounting system (it makes a perfect sunglasses holder).

F6-42-3110_E-2400w.jpg

The OMS Center Stinger has a Molle grid top panel for mounting soft products and accessories. The OMS Center Stringer comes with two (2) of our OMS Adjustable Accessory Brackets, which are fully adjustable and can be placed anywhere along the length of the Stringer to hard-mount radios and other gear. The Stringer has a 3-dimensional profile that imparts surprising rigidity to the entire assembly, and allows both horizontal and vertical mounting surfaces along its top and side profiles. Its box shape even allows radios and other components to be recess-mounted up into the Stringer, for the protection of both the component and the occupants. The lower edges are angled to safely present blunt, flat surfaces rather than sharp corners oriented toward the occupants.

F6-42-3100_F-2400w.jpg

The OMS Crossmember rigidly ties the Center Stringer into the Bronco’s roll cage system, and itself carries multiple slotted holes and faceted surfaces for mounting dome lights and other items. The box profile is angled at the lower edges to safely present blunt, flat surfaces rather than sharp corners oriented toward the occupants.

F6-42-3100_E-2400w.jpg

We also offer an optional OMS SwitchPros Mount Plate makes it easy to mount a SwitchPros SP-9100 switch panel on to the OMS Front Mount, making it the perfect solution for Broncos without the factory auxiliary switches, for for those that need even more switches.

F6-42-3150_B-800w.jpg

The components may be purchased separately or configured together as a complete system at a discounted bundle price. All components of the system are made entirely of 1/8″ aluminum, CNC laser cut and precision brake-formed, then professionally TIG welded for strength and appearance. Assembly and installation are an easy bolt-together affair using the supplied, premium hardware. Each component is available in raw aluminum or finished in either our standard light-textured black powder coat or premium Mica Armor Coat finish.

NOTE: We are currently in process with the first full production run of these OMS products. These will begin shipping next month (April). Order Now to be among the first to receive them!

F6-42-3100_G-2400w.jpg

F6-42-3100_I-2400w.jpg

F6-42-3100_E-2400w.jpg
Could you post a picture of the OMS Center Stinger installed without the OMS Front Mount? The second to last photo appears to show the front mount. But it looks different than the photo of the Front Mount by itself.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you post a picture of the OMS Center Stinger installed without the OMS Front Mount? The second to last photo appears to show the front mount. But it looks different than the photo of the Front Mount by itself.
The center stringer relies on the front mount as well as the rear crossmember, for mounting. I have divided up the options in order to allow someone to just purchase only the front mount or the rear crossmember, or even build as you go.

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your website says "The components may be purchased separately or configured together." So I assumed it wasn't necessary to purchase the front mount.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your website says "The components may be purchased separately or configured together." So I assumed it wasn't necessary to purchase the front mount.
The order page for the center stringer states "NOT usable by itself (requires OMS Front Mount & Crossmember for mounting)" sorry if that's not clear enough :)

It's listed separately in case someone who has already purchased one or both of the other two pieces might want to add the stringer.

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special 4spd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This pic shows it pretty well. Zoom in on the far side and you get a better look at the brackets we designed to index into existing holes in the factory roll bars.

P1260189.JPG
The Bronco Raptors have a brace there, so it wouldn’t fit mine. It’s so much nicer than the JCR that I have there currently.
Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System 71651897874__09E0351C-17A6-4F72-992B-1208D6FD62BC
Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System IMG_3269
Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System IMG_1344

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco Raptors have a brace there, so it wouldn’t fit mine. It’s so much nicer than the JCR that I have there currently.
I will look into a raptor bronco version. I believe my front mount and crossmember will work, just need to revise the stringer. With the picture you have shown of the crossmember, my center string would need to be modified to the mount of loosing all its rigidity.

Darcyjs14

Raptor
First Name
D’Arcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford F250 Camper Special 4spd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I will look into a raptor bronco version. I believe my front mount and crossmember will work, just need to revise the stringer. With the picture you have shown of the crossmember, my center string would need to be modified to the mount of loosing all its rigidity.
I’ll keep watching this thread for updates. Especially since I have the Switch Pros already.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was thinking the same - comparable overhead molle systems come powdercoated for 1/2 that price..
I love the look and functionality, and was going to buy as it was in my cart, but shipping is over $100!!! Every other overhead system I can find offers free shipping. Not only is this 2-3 times more expensive, you have to pay $100 for shipping. I sent two emails asking about this and why everyone else offers free shipping but they don’t and I was ignored. I’d buy it right now if the shipping was free line everyone else’s.

Last edited:

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ouch.

I love the look and functionality, and was going to buy as it was in my cart, but shipping is over $100!!! Every other overhead system I can find offers free shipping. Not only is this 2-3 times more expensive, you have to pay $100 for shipping. I sent two emails asking about this and why everyone else offers free shipping but they don’t and I was ignored.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love the look and functionality, and was going to buy as it was in my cart, but shipping is over $100!!! Every other overhead system I can find offers free shipping. Not only is this 2-3 times more expensive, you have to pay $100 for shipping. I sent two emails asking about this and why everyone else offers free shipping but they don’t and I was ignored. I’d buy it right now if the shipping was free line everyone else’s.
Please DM me your email address so I may track down your emails. We have no intentions of ignoring emails.
Yes our unit is more expensive than others for many reasons. The cost difference between my overhead mounting solution and others is a combination of many things:

starting with being manufactured here in the USA (by far the main cost difference, but seems to be less appreciated these days)

Material- most are made out of heavy steel, ours is made out of aluminum.

design- the complexity of the design, creates more labor cost to weld and form more than others, let alone the extra adjustable hangers that others do not even offer

Hardware- using quality heat nut inserts so they don’t spin on you and for convenience/ simplicity on install. Zinc coated hardware vs stainless that is cheaper but will gull on you, when you least expect it.

for the shipping, that has been a fight sense day one and am still working on. I would love for shipping to be free as well, just haven’t talked UPS into it yet. As I have told many on other products, I am willing to bring the product to events or meet in local areas or even use your UPS account if you have one. Our website is pulling live rates that UPS is providing.

As I have stated on the very first product I have put into production, our product is not for everyone, and I respect if customers decide to go with another vendor that better suited their needs. I can not stand behind a product that I know I could make better but didn’t, because of a compromise to save a dollar etc. Let alone make it the same as everyone else’s.

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have any issue with the price of the Overhead Mount System. It appears to be of better quality and better designed than others. DV8 makes a similar system. I hope to check out the DV8 system next month at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff.

JCR also offers a rack, but it's not the same quality either. It looks flimsy, like it could be shipped in a flat box which would reduce shipping costs. Their shipping is free.

The shipping expense is a problem. DV8 is using FedEx. They offer free "standard" shipping. They offer FedEx shipping for a higher fee. I think FedEx is probably giving them a volume discount.

I usually use USPS. I've found them the cheapest since I don't have a business acount with any shipper. If not USPS, I use FedEx. I can't remember the last time I used UPS, and they're closest to me.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Please DM me your email address so I may track down your emails. We have no intentions of ignoring emails.
Yes our unit is more expensive than others for many reasons. The cost difference between my overhead mounting solution and others is a combination of many things:

starting with being manufactured here in the USA (by far the main cost difference, but seems to be less appreciated these days)

Material- most are made out of heavy steel, ours is made out of aluminum.

design- the complexity of the design, creates more labor cost to weld and form more than others, let alone the extra adjustable hangers that others do not even offer

Hardware- using quality heat nut inserts so they don’t spin on you and for convenience/ simplicity on install. Zinc coated hardware vs stainless that is cheaper but will gull on you, when you least expect it.

for the shipping, that has been a fight sense day one and am still working on. I would love for shipping to be free as well, just haven’t talked UPS into it yet. As I have told many on other products, I am willing to bring the product to events or meet in local areas or even use your UPS account if you have one. Our website is pulling live rates that UPS is providing.

As I have stated on the very first product I have put into production, our product is not for everyone, and I respect if customers decide to go with another vendor that better suited their needs. I can not stand behind a product that I know I could make better but didn’t, because of a compromise to save a dollar etc. Let alone make it the same as everyone else’s.
Sponsored