First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco wildtrak, 1996 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I saw the price I jumped on it. Thought they made a mistake. Absolutely love mine. Just wrapped up a 1200 mile trip to Mexico and was awesome. Not a single rattle which I was expecting but nothing.
Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System IMG_4334

Yeah I was looking at the Foutz one which is about the only other one out there that looks like it has any substance to it, and it's about the same price. But this one's aluminum and looks like it incorporates a lot more good ideas. I saw it in Chris's Bronco at UBB but I was too excited about driving his Bronco with the X-travel suspension setup I forgot to give the overhead mount a good inspection even though it was right above my head LOL
I absolutely love it. Fit and function are top notch. đź’Ż
Def better then nothing and can and have worked. But at the price they charge and not working as well as an extinguisher, just get a good extinguisher. I’ve used an extinguisher multiple times in car fires and they are a b***h to put out. Even a large, properly rated extinguisher used properly doesn’t work half the time. These little sticks are decent if you catch it RIGHT away. Past that good luck. Or if it’s a reigniting fire then you’re doubly screwed.
Lot of gimmicky stuff out there trying to reinvent a wheel for the overlanders that doesn’t need reinventing. When push comes to shove and your vehicle is on fire, are you caring about saving storage space or putting the fire out?
Have you used one?
Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I saw the price I jumped on it. Thought they made a mistake. Absolutely love mine. Just wrapped up a 1200 mile trip to Mexico and was awesome. Not a single rattle which I was expecting but nothing.
Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System IMG_4334

I absolutely love it. Fit and function are top notch. đź’Ż

Have you used one?
Thanks for the photo. Helps give a better idea how it's constructed.

cracKen

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really liking this. Definitely the best overhead mounting system for my needs I've seen yet (overlanding/camping). Can't wait for video reviews.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this system compatible with a 2 door or just 4 door?
From my understanding from the data that I have, It will work for both 2 and 4 door. I will be test fitting to verify when the batch is completed

This looks like just what I need! I've been thinking of high-mounting a race radio but I didn't like any of the other overhead mounts I've seen. I like that this one lets you recess it into the structure. My only complaint is I hate molle as much as I hate diamond plate and have managed to avoid it on my Bronco so far. But I suppose with the black powder-coated version the molle pattern will mostly disappear against the headliner. Also I can see this will be a great way to mount some usable dome lights since the factory ones in the Bronco suck.
Thank you for the compliments on the system. YES!!! interior lights are a must in the bronco. The OMS crossmember has compound breaks, not only for strength, but also to provide a flat service at a forward facing angle, to mount a light. In our experience a light behind, facing forward is more valuable than a light facing straight down. The light behind facing forward, spreads the light better without blinding/ creating a glare. I am looking at a couple different light mount options.

very nice rack do you need to remove all the roof panels to install?
Yes, roof panels do need to be removed. In addition, the plastics panels above the windshield need to be unclipped and moved out of the way to mount the OMS front mount.

What does your Mica Armor Coat look like? You don't have samples on your website. Also what does "light-textured" mean?

I'm interested, but would like more information. For example, I get the impression that all three components are stand alone. So someone can buy only the one they need. Please confirm.

Also how much weight will the system support?
Yes, I will upload a close up of the mica to the product page on the website and this thread. It is a smooth finish, that is a little stronger than our fine texture black. Our bumpers have a option for the mica or fine texture black.
Fine texture black seems to be industry standard for bumpers theses days. It is very similar to the factory modular bumper. I will provide a sample of this as well.
Yes, all three parts are available to purchase individually or as a complete kit. The complete kit is a little cheaper.
I do not have a weight break down at this time. I will post the weights soon.

OK if we're done hijacking Chris's thread to debate fire extinguishers, who knows of a good flashlight mount that can hold a tactical LED flashlight up in there, easy to grab without having to unbuckle anything but gripped good enough it won't fall on your head when you hit a bump? Also, I wonder if this thing is rigid enough for a grab handle. Probably not strong enough for me to haul my own fat butt up in there but maybe my wife, she bitches about the placement of the grab handles in the Bronco, they are pretty useless for helping you climb in.
Yeah, I thought of a overhead Grab handle, would be a good option. Im looking into some options.

To all the all the comments on the fire extinguishers, did you guys check out the over head mounting system though?!?! HAHAHA

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From my understanding from the data that I have, It will work for both 2 and 4 door. I will be test fitting to verify when the batch is completed

Thank you for the compliments on the system. YES!!! interior lights are a must in the bronco. The OMS crossmember has compound breaks, not only for strength, but also to provide a flat service at a forward facing angle, to mount a light. In our experience a light behind, facing forward is more valuable than a light facing straight down. The light behind facing forward, spreads the light better without blinding/ creating a glare. I am looking at a couple different light mount options.

Yes, roof panels do need to be removed. In addition, the plastics panels above the windshield need to be unclipped and moved out of the way to mount the OMS front mount.

Yes, I will upload a close up of the mica to the product page on the website and this thread. It is a smooth finish, that is a little stronger than our fine texture black. Our bumpers have a option for the mica or fine texture black.
Fine texture black seems to be industry standard for bumpers theses days. It is very similar to the factory modular bumper. I will provide a sample of this as well.
Yes, all three parts are available to purchase individually or as a complete kit. The complete kit is a little cheaper.
I do not have a weight break down at this time. I will post the weights soon.

Yeah, I thought of a overhead Grab handle, would be a good option. Im looking into some options.

To all the all the comments on the fire extinguishers, did you guys check out the over head mounting system though?!?! HAHAHA
I love the system, if I hadn’t already gotten one I’d be jumping on this. It seems extremely well made and thought out. I’m done hi-jacking the thread, consider the off topic comments free “bumps” for your post ;)

Sponsored

CalvinT

Badlands
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like better photos of the mounting points on the roll bar and

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Lobo Off-Road When I go to the website to order it will allow me to add the raw aluminum for every pice, but when I select black powder coat or the mica armor it says “out of stock” on the crossmember piece. Will this be available to order soon?

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road When I go to the website to order it will allow me to add the raw aluminum for every pice, but when I select black powder coat or the mica armor it says “out of stock” on the crossmember piece. Will this be available to order soon?
Oops I guess there was a switch I didn't flip, sorry about that, it's fixed now so please try again :) And to be clear, as it states in my post above and on the website, these aren't technically "in stock" on the shelf and ready to ship right at this moment. As stated, the first production run will be done and ship next month. But my website requires me to mark it "in stock" for it to be orderable. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you personally had one fail? I plan to carry both types myself.
I'll bite on this. I have

You have a single chance to get far closer to the fire than you'd want. I didn't get it perfectly and someone with a real extinguisher saved my ass.

If you're concerned enough to feel the need to carry an extinguisher all the time, then you should be concerned enough to make space for a 5lb. Sure these are better than nothing, but if your actually worried about a fire, these aint gonna cut it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does your Mica Armor Coat look like? You don't have samples on your website. Also what does "light-textured" mean?
@CalvinT I've added our color swatches to the image gallery for the OMS system, plus I'll add them here for your convenience:

Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System Finish-Black01-1500sq

Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System Finish-Mica01-1500sq

Please note that the Mica is very hard to photograph. It has a light metallic flake in it that reflects the light from the camera. To the naked eye it's not as "sparkly" as it looks in this pic, unless it's in direct sunlight. Normally it appears to the naked eye as a metallic dark gray, not quite black.

Hope that helps!

Finish-Mica02-1500sq.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd like better photos of the mounting points on the roll bar and
This pic shows it pretty well. Zoom in on the far side and you get a better look at the brackets we designed to index into existing holes in the factory roll bars.

Ford Bronco NEW! Lobo Off-Road Overhead Mount System P1260189.JPG

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like a safety hazard, if you go inverted, or something knocks them free allowing them to make contact with flesh & bone., any defluxion testing been done.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like a safety hazard, if you go inverted, or something knocks them free allowing them to make contact with flesh & bone.
LOL...you could always just wrap yourself in bubble wrap when you go off-road.

It seems bolted in good enough for me, anything you attach to it is on you to make sure it's secure. Lord knows if I do a cartwheel I've got bigger worries, like the toolbox, ice chest and recovery gear chasing me around the cab like a pack of rabid rottweilers because I'm shitty at tying things down.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was thinking the same - comparable overhead molle systems come powdercoated for 1/2 that price..

Love the idea and I've been looking at similar products for when my Wildtrak gets here but cost is a bit too high for me.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oops I guess there was a switch I didn't flip, sorry about that, it's fixed now so please try again :) And to be clear, as it states in my post above and on the website, these aren't technically "in stock" on the shelf and ready to ship right at this moment. As stated, the first production run will be done and ship next month. But my website requires me to mark it "in stock" for it to be orderable. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Is the cross member piece meant to be a reinforcement to the frame like ford performance piece (raptor). Doesn't seem to be as beefy and bolted in as the Ford Performance piece.
Sponsored