Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious how these cup holders are working for everyone. Would love to hear the experiences from others.

Personally, these cup holders. do not work well at all. I got a batch with the weaker magnet but received the upgraded magnet and installed it.

Both prior to and after the new magnet the cupholders fall off incredibly easy. I feel like it has less to do with the magnet and more to do with the plastic nipples not going far enough into the metal brackets. It never feels like they are seated even when I can tell they are.

I do have a 6 and 9 year old so I expected it to fall off frequently but this thing is laying on the floor off the bracket 90% of the time. I'm ready to uninstall it and throw it away.

@IAG Support @IAG Performance have you been hearing experiences like mine? Anything I can do to resolve these issues?
The majority of people I have talked to do not share the same experience, but I have heard that feedback occasionally. Are both of the nipples still intact? I have seen a few that had an air pocket during the molding process that causes the nipple to break and then they do not stay on very well. So that could be part of your issue. We have done a ton of pretty serious offroading with them installed with large Yeti tumblers in them without issues, but that is also different than having kiddos back there kicking them around. We have played around with doing some velcro on the curved part of the cupholder where it touches the center console. A small piece of the soft side on the console and the hook side on the cup holder makes it significantly more sturdy to the side impact a little foot is going to make. That may be just enough to keep them solidly in place for you.
Sponsored

ebrs929

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2009 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm curious how these cup holders are working for everyone. Would love to hear the experiences from others.

Personally, these cup holders. do not work well at all. I got a batch with the weaker magnet but received the upgraded magnet and installed it.

Both prior to and after the new magnet the cupholders fall off incredibly easy. I feel like it has less to do with the magnet and more to do with the plastic nipples not going far enough into the metal brackets. It never feels like they are seated even when I can tell they are.

I do have a 6 and 9 year old so I expected it to fall off frequently but this thing is laying on the floor off the bracket 90% of the time. I'm ready to uninstall it and throw it away.

@IAG Support @IAG Performance have you been hearing experiences like mine? Anything I can do to resolve these issues?
I have had a similar experience, new magnets, and emails/pics sent to customer service (they have been wonderful at every turn). I wanted to love this cup holder so much! I assumed that my problems were because I had the OEM rubber mats which created some upward force due to the placement of the bronco directly under the metal bracket. It seemed like the cup holder would pop or slide off at the slightest contact.
I have my console apart to remove the metal bracket now and my kids (11 & 8) just use a small tote we got from michaels to hold any snacks or drinks when needed.

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really love the concept but the execution just doesn't work well enough, in my experience. It gets knocked out of the mounts way too often/easily, to chance it with drinks anymore. Already removed from vehicle.
Sponsored