First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5 months ago, IAG announced they were going to release what promised to be a pretty nice tailgate reinforcement. In that time, they have successfully sold a ton of the HammerBuilt systems…. HammerBuilt cant keep them in stock. Nice work IAG!
Probably because IAG is waiting on the Chinese company that makes all their products to produce it, all their Bronco stuff is the same stuff on amazon just rebranded and tacked on Bronco tax to it
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably because IAG is waiting on the Chinese company that makes all their products to produce it, all their Bronco stuff is the same stuff on amazon just rebranded and tacked on Bronco tax to it
It is true that their I-Line of products is imported, they say that themselves, but are you sure that ALL of there product is Chinese, asking for a friend?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just came from my local ford dealer and asked him to look up the raptor rear door hinge set. He gave me quote sheet with part number M2DZ7842942 A&B.

this is a different part number that what is disclosed in this thread, can someone help validate what I am quoted?
You have the part numbers for reinforcements, it took literarily seconds to GOOGLE this!

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You have the part numbers for reinforcements, it took literarily seconds to GOOGLE this!
Well, thanks, not the result I wanted, back to the dealership

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, thanks, not the result I wanted, back to the dealership
The numbers listed here for the hinges is correct, I've already priced mine out with my dealer.

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes it is Chinese made stuff as a previous commenter said, iag will tell you that. But the difference is, you know what you're getting will be BETTER QUALITY Chinese made stuff and backed by a company who stands behind their products and will take care of any issue you have. You're paying for assurance that what you bought is going to work properly. You don't necessarily get that through Amazon or eBay stuff. You can take the risk to save money and buy from those sites, or you can buy from iag and know you'll, be taken care of. This has been my TED talk.

Sponsored

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s literally the exact same product, rebranded, same quality. I much prefer going through Amazon than IAG for support. They aren’t innovating, so I don’t feel bad purchasing via Prime. 😎
Fair enough

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s literally the exact same product, rebranded, same quality. I much prefer going through Amazon than IAG for support. They aren’t innovating, so I don’t feel bad purchasing via Prime. 😎
This is where I disagree. Their in-house designs and products are top notch and buying their I-line products help support their brand and pay their employees. Payroll is a bitch. Plus, try getting a replacement part/piece from Amazon after 30 days.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is where I disagree. Their in-house designs and products are top notch and buying their I-line products help support their brand and pay their employees. Payroll is a bitch. Plus, try getting a replacement part/piece from Amazon after 30 days.
I don't know enough about the company to have an opinion one way or the other but I will say that it gets tiresome having any company tease us with a product and then everybody in the forum is ready to throw their money at it yet the product doesn't actually materialize until many many many months or years later. I wish that owners of companies would actually get a product to the testing stage, exhaust that testing stage, and then offer it for public consumption. The IAG tailgate product seems like it's cast aluminum, so that should take a heck of a lot less manual labor than having somebody that's a skilled welder cutting out individual pieces and setting them up in a jig and then welding them...not sure what to hold up would be unless it's dependent on an overseas production process. With a cast aluminum product, if there's any kind of failure then I would imagine even the best customer service is simply going to replace the product with the exact same product because there is no room for adjusting that one on the assembly line without changing the casting mold...and if that is the case, then there's a high likelihood of the same exact product failing in the exact same way. With the products that are made in-house buy welders that can adjust things on the fly, the hope is that if there's feedback from owners that the entire design could be adjusted if need be.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I-Line, yes! But not all their product is I-Line and they are very up front about it, it's in the NAME! lol
Not to mention their customer service is exemplary!

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know enough about the company to have an opinion one way or the other but I will say that it gets tiresome having any company tease us with a product and then everybody in the forum is ready to throw their money at it yet the product doesn't actually materialize until many many many months or years later. I wish that owners of companies would actually get a product to the testing stage, exhaust that testing stage, and then offer it for public consumption. The IAG tailgate product seems like it's cast aluminum, so that should take a heck of a lot less manual labor than having somebody that's a skilled welder cutting out individual pieces and setting them up in a jig and then welding them...not sure what to hold up would be unless it's dependent on an overseas production process. With a cast aluminum product, if there's any kind of failure then I would imagine even the best customer service is simply going to replace the product with the exact same product because there is no room for adjusting that one on the assembly line without changing the casting mold...and if that is the case, then there's a high likelihood of the same exact product failing in the exact same way. With the products that are made in-house buy welders that can adjust things on the fly, the hope is that if there's feedback from owners that the entire design could be adjusted if need be.
I'm thinking they may have run into an issue or took some of your well meaning advise to heart!
Shit happens, no one was anticipating this release more than me, but I certainly wouldn't want inferior product to be released just to suit a timeline?
Patience Grasshopper...
Sponsored